Android Remix OS installation guide

Android Remix OS installation guide

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Android Remix OS installation guide

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Dean
    Participant

I thought I’d make a new thread to help people get Remix OS running on the i9, as I am not a fan of emulators this is only for Remix, but if an pure android version comes up, I will test that. I am also getting help from Xda which is a great resource of information.
    I had first gotten the remix for pc latest version from the remix website, but couldnt get it to boot. Then I tried the hacked version from Xda which booted but no sound no wifi. Tried all the steps to fix wifi but not working . So I used the installation tool from the hacked version to install the latest release from the remix site 64 bit April 26th, Remix_OS_for_PC_64bit_B2016042001. After it boots up you will have no play store, there is a link to sideload google services. Install but do not open, reboot, then open and download google services. If that doesnt start downloading, I went and installed a play store apk which seemed to kick start the download. Now I got play store, google services and wifi, but no sound. 

The link below is for the Hacked Remix thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/remix/remix-os/remix-os-pc-hacked-edition-ota-v2-0-201-t3345968

Miguel
    Participant

Dean, did you install it in the SSD or in via USB.

If we install in USB, we need to access bios menu on rebooting. Do you know which keys to press? it is possible to select usb booting?.

For a pure android version, we will probably need to wait till someone receive the Cube iwork12. It has aparently the same hardware but with chipset z8300 instead of core M, and no usb type C port.  The good thing is that it is DualBoot, so perhaps any of the experts that are in the forum can extract the android ROM (hopefully with the realtek androids drivers)  and find a way to install in our cube i9 for those we want also to have android and dualboot.

Dean
    Participant

Oh sorry forgot to mention I installed it to the SSD, my goal was to have the most convenient and fastest installation. I didnt want it in USB. I wonder if we could just get the download for the iwork12?

Rob
    Participant

Hi Dean, my tablet arrived today and have been trying to install Remix OS.  I’ve tried the hacked version above twice but the wifi doesn’t work, just seems to get stuck at switching on.  Have also tried installing the official Jide version and have the same problem.  I’ve been trying the 64 bit version but wondered if you had encountered any issues and which version you are using (32 or 64 bit)?  Really driving me mad as without wifi it’s completely useless as is the tablet as I don’t have any interest in Windows what so ever!

Pigman Rocker
    Participant

the wifi drivers are indeed a problem. There is a Linux version for them, but I have no idea how one would go about installing those.

Rob
    Participant

Well I managed to finally get the official version installed but have the same problem that everyone has in that there is no sound, still it’s better than no wifi!  Problems started last night when Remix crashed and wouldn’t boot up, couldn’t get into Windows either as it just goes straight to a black screen with a page of (to me) meaningless (blk0-blk4) harddisk error messages followed by the message “startup.nsh”.  Typing ‘exit’ gets me into Windows at least but can’t reinstall Remix OS and everytime it boots up I get the stupid message page.  No idea what the problem is, but not happy that this has happened less than 24 hours after receiving the tablet.

Dean
    Participant

Just go into bios by tapping the ESC button  and change the boot order to the Forsee drive.

Rob
    Participant

Got two forsee drives and set them to boot from both. Done a reset that failed but got it working again, just annoying there is no sound. The other problem is theres no way of putting it to sleep when using Remix as it just goes into a boot loop. Basically means it has to be switched on and off each time I use it, if i do try and boot into windows the screen is unresponsive and has to be powered off and on again with the power button.  So there are a few glitches still, hopefully Jide will update it so that the audio at least works, but overall not overly happy with the tablet as it’s really only good for windows at the mo.  Have you managed to get yours sorted out yet?

Dean
    Participant

Yeah I hear you, so far it is a windows tablet, but since they have come out with the iwork 12, when that download is out, it should work for use if we can get the android part.

I tried Phoenix but it installed upside down, very weird and no wifi, no sound, but it looked nice. Well get there…

Rob
    Participant

Got my keyboard for it today, unfortunately the box took a beating and it’s snapped by the pogo port.  Haven’t heard of phoenix before, but doesn’t sound much use at the moment!  I done a heatsink mod and noticed there were a lot of oily finger prints inside the tablet, also noticed that the heatsink on all the videos I’ve seen is black when you open the tablet and silver underneath.  Mine was the opposite way round, very odd.

Dean
    Participant

I haven’t done the heat sink mod yet, but that doesn’t encourage me hearing there are oily fingerprints, eww. I am awaiting my copper shim and let you know what it looks like inside. They definitely do not have high quality control standards as I have dust under my factory screen protector and its scratched.

BoORD_L
    Participant

has anyone tried the new remix 3.x?

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Steve Hepple
    Participant

Anyone get this to work ie remix. Used the hacked version as well as the non uefi (lagacy) version but just gets to the remix os fron page and does nothing else ?

Rob
    Participant

I’ve been running the latest version but it’s nowhere near as stable as Remix 2.0 (lollipop). I barely boot into it at all now as there is still no sound and I have yet to find a way around this. I tried the hacked version a few times but it doesn’t have working wifi so absolutely no use! Really hoping they release an update that includes the audio drivers and generally improves the stability as it’s like using an emulator in it’s current state. I would install the older version if I had a download link as it was 100 times better.

anubis
    Participant

did someone manage to install a fully working Remix OS on his Cube i9? Tried several 3.x builds and each of them had problems with the touchscreen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar