Any idea of resizing partitons in Dual version??

Any idea of resizing partitons in Dual version??

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Any idea of resizing partitons in Dual version??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anthony S. C.
    Participant

Hi mates, I’ve got the x98plus dual version. Has anyone tried to resize Android in order to make Windows partition bigger? I want to leave Android with 12GB.
    -At first I’ve tried with some partition software on Windows as Minitool Partition Wizard and AOMEI Partition Assistant.
    -Today I’ve tried with Gparted live(fortunately I could boot it from usb) but after resizing Android I had no possibilities to resize Windows. I mean, when I clicked “resize” in Windows partition, there was nothing to add even I saw 8GB unallocated.
    -I tried to boot Hiren’s as I did with Gparted but I couldn’t.
    -I tried to boot ubuntu installer so I could use Gparted but I had a lot of curiosity of how was ubuntu on a tablet, so I selected “try without installing” but it got stuck in ubuntu logo…hahaha
    Btw, has anyone tried ubuntu as a replace for Android on a chinese dual boot tablet?

Eddie
    Participant

I actually resized android to 10 gigs and windows to 40.  It takes  a bit of work and I ended up having to reinstall windows.  I used the gparted live USB.

Gal
    Participant

There is also a guide that I posted here before but I still don’t have my tablet so I can’t confirm that it works. People seem to comment that it worked though.

Anthony S. C.
    Participant

I actually resized android to 10 gigs and windows to 40. It takes a bit of work and I ended up having to reinstall windows. I used the gparted live USB.

Did you use any version in special? What version did you use?

Anthony S. C.
    Participant

There is also a guide that I posted here before but I still don’t have my tablet so I can’t confirm that it works. People seem to comment that it worked though.

Yeah, I saw your post. I will try another gparted version, or other software to burn to usb(I have used rufus).

Eddie
    Participant

I actually used gparted-live-0.25.0-1-i686 and burned it to a live usb using Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.6.3.   I’ll outline the steps I took and the two guides that helped me out

1. Back up the hard drive
    2. Seriously, back that ish up
    3. Use double driver to back up the drivers
    4. Shrink the android partition by booting into gParted.  I didn’t have a powered hub BUT make sure the tablet is fully charged first just in case
    5. The tricky part is copying over the 3 tiny partitions from step 3 of Gal Roots guide.  I actually used guide 1 below:
      1. Create “android_persistent”  partition, type = unkown (the black option) as an exact copy of the one on the drive.
      2. Copy and Paste the “android_config” and “android_EFI” partitions to be after the new “android_persistent”.
      3. Delete the 3 old partitions
    6. I then deleted everything after the Android_EFI partition which left me about 40GB of space.
    7. Boot into windows 10 install (again make sure tablet is fully charged first) and install windows to the unformatted space.
    8. Install all drivers from the backup or the driver file on this site.
    9. copy TouchSettings.GT from the “Teclast X98 Plus drivers.rar” to the c:\windows\INF folder (I didn’t do this the first time and was miserable until I found it)
    10. Profit…

Guide 1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65172370&postcount=179

Guide 2: http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=1138132

Tony
    Participant

Thanks for that guide.

Just to be sure: There is no way to just resize the partitions without deleting anything? I am just a little bit afraid to destroy something (dual boot or android).

Eddie
    Participant

You’re welcome, I hope it helps.   I haven’t found any other way to do it.

Tony
    Participant

Stupid question at the start: How do I boot from USB Stick, do I need to connect a USB-keyboard an press a certain (which?) key?

Eddie
    Participant

Stupid question at the start: How do I boot from USB Stick, do I need to connect a USB-keyboard an press a certain (which?) key?

Hold the volume up and power button to get into the bios.   On the last bios screen you can select your favorite boot device.   You’ll need a usb keyboard to use gparted  or to install Windows.

Alexandra
    Participant

Get a keyboard and keep tapping F7 until you see a menu asking which device to boot from. Whatever bootable USB key you’ve inserted will appear there.

Tony
    Participant

Perfect thank you Eddie and Alexandra, works fine!

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant
    Eddie
    Participant

Thank you for this. I can’t wait to try it… Though I literally just finished reformatting my tablet…. Maybe next weekend.

Tony
    Participant

uhh…I wanted to do the installation today, but  I have the problem that the BIOS does not recognize my USB flash drives. I tried two, but it just gives me the options “Android-IA” or “UEFI Built in Shell”. I connect the USB flash drives directly via the OTG cable. Do I need a special hub?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar