anybody wants to get a x80 power?

anybody wants to get a x80 power?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series anybody wants to get a x80 power?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dawei
    Participant

will this better than x80 pro?

Bellerophon
    Participant

It appears to be exactly like the Pro. You might as well get the Pro on Banggood since they have it cheaper. Plus shipping times on gearbeast sucks.

dawei
    Participant

It appears to be exactly like the Pro. You might as well get the Pro on Banggood since they have it cheaper. Plus shipping times on gearbeast sucks.

you are right. After more research, it seems teclast is not much better than hi8 pro which I just sold. I might go with mi pad 2

Chris G
    Keymaster

I recommend the Mi Pad 2, it’s a nice premium tablet, sure if costs more. But worth it for the, larger battery ,faster chip, better screen, cameras, build, audio, everything!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

dawei
    Participant

I recommend the Mi Pad 2, it’s a nice premium tablet, sure if costs more. But worth it for the, larger battery ,faster chip, better screen, cameras, build, audio, everything!

we are all waiting for your x80 power review.

Fattious
    Participant

I have one on order from Geekbuying. They had a US$99 special. Mine should arrive in a few days.

The X80 Power has a metal chassis, whereas the X80 Pro is plastic. Might be thinner and slimmer bezel too – check the specs.

dawei
    Participant

I have one on order from Geekbuying. They had a US$99 special. Mine should arrive in a few days. The X80 Power has a metal chassis, whereas the X80 Pro is plastic. Might be thinner and slimmer bezel too – check the specs.

hurry, we need your review.

Mark Star
    Participant

The unboxing says   Windows 10 is not going to be usable with only 4GB memory.  Can  Android /Windows storage sizes be adjusted?

dawei
    Participant

I have one on order from Geekbuying. They had a US$99 special. Mine should arrive in a few days. The X80 Power has a metal chassis, whereas the X80 Pro is plastic. Might be thinner and slimmer bezel too – check the specs.

did you get it?

Fattious
    Participant

Well my Teclast X80 Power arrived 7 days ago and have been pretty time poor so I’ve used it for a few hours and only in Android. The Geekbuying coupon to obtain for USD$99 appears to still be honored as per post here https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/251726

My previous tablet was a Chuwi Hi8, which developed a problem with the digitiser failure on about 70% of the upper area of the screen. Gearbest wouldn’t warrant it as it had an unrelated crack in the screen. So much of my experience is in comparision to the similar spec Chuwi Hi8.

As I’ve read elsewhere, it chews battery quite a bit in standby (as in not a deep sleep) but this seemed to only be on first use. On first use it appeared standby would be less than 20 hours, however I now consistently get around 40 hours on standby. Perhaps originally wifi was enabled on standby, not sure if I changed it, but certainly the 40 hours is when wifi is not enabled on sleep.

The speakers sounds a lot better than the Hi8, but I’m unsure if I had a fault with my Hi8. The Hi8 struggled at low volumes – low audible tones didn’t seem to be audiable at all whereas peaks punched through. The X80 Power doesn’t have this issue and their placement (yes there are two of them – stereo perhaps) at the bottom is a lot more suitable.

Speaking of noise, there is a somewhat anoying sound that can only be heard in a silent room or if you put your ear up to the bottom of the tablet. It appears to come from the speakers, but can’t be reduced by reducing volume or connection of a headphones. The sound is similar to when the inverter from the backlight creates interferance on the amplifier. Like a very quiet bandsaw. I do have particular hearing, doubt most users would observe it.

The display is quite impressive. Compared to the Hi8 the X80 Power has slightly better vibrance/contrast and appears a touch brighter and clearer. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have auto-brightness (Hi8 did), so you’ll find needing to adjust the brightness – particularly in a dark room as it can be quite bright.

The physical Start button at the front doesn’t function.

I think the digitiser (touchpad) is probably less responsive than the Hi8, but I’ve not really tested enough to validate this.

DPI seems to be set pretty low – that is icons and dialogue boxes etc are quite large – probably OK if it iwas a 5″ display but for an 8″ they do use a little too much real estate.

WiFi range is somewhat dissapointing – similar to my iPad 2 which would drop out of range when you need penetrate a few rooms/timber walls.

The size / form factor / feel is really nice – feels nice and solid. I removed the stock display plastic film in an attempt to replace it with an after-market plastic film but failed due to adsorbing a heap of dust. So I’m running it unprotected, but happy with that as I prefer the glass. If a tempered glass becomes available I will try it out. Tempered glass on the Hi8 would crack easily due to their poor chassis design (no flush bezel).  Fortunately the X80 Power has a single pane of glass that covers the bezel so I don’t anticipate issues with tempered glass when it becomes available.

I’ll make a follow up post once I’ve used the device further.

Pete
    Participant

Well. My x80power is having a few intermittent issues, with power and wifi.  WiFi is connected but slow and seems to not work(cut out with DNS error) even when it says its connected.  Same in Windows.  Anyone else having issues?

amacar
    Participant

I have same problems with x80 pro. Shitty wifi.

MHD RYAN FAUZI
    Participant

hello frends, help me tutorial instal windows to teclast x80 power

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys
    I have had my power now for nearly 1 week now too and like it but do also agree with most of what has been said about it. It has great build quality and feels great in the hand like a real premium device but sadly there have been plenty of corners cut to keep prices down. I think it is a great Android tablet as is but unless you remove Android or it is mostly useless in windows unless you do not need to install anything (web/media use only in other words). If I can get my SD cards to work (see below) I am sure I will still get plenty of use out of it as it was mostly bought to just remotely control cameras and then edit photos in Android and that seems like it will work fine with that. I would have gotten an Android only device if there had been one this physical size or smaller with similar specs but all of the cheap Chinese tablets had worse specs. I plan to mostly use Windows to connect to my other computers etc  over the network as it is easier to do that in Windows than Android I have found.

As I have said and gotten no replies yet does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the SD cars I have to read in Windows I seem to be having the opposite problem to what Chris has were Android works fine with my 128 Gb Kingston card but not even a 64Gb cars will work in Windows. I am going to try uninstalling or removing the SD card devices in device manager and see if Windows finds them again and installs them to work right.

Fattious
    Participant

Tempered glass protectors are on the market.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32688564318.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar