Anyone Tried Remix OS 2.0

Anyone Tried Remix OS 2.0

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Pad Series Anyone Tried Remix OS 2.0

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tyler
    Participant

Hey, all! I just recently nabbed a Mi Pad 2 for a cool $240 today with a case and screen protector today. While I’m waiting on it to arrive, I was just wondering if anyone had managed to try Remix OS on the device? For the uninitiated, it’s an Android-X86 based ROM with a more Chrome OS/Windows based flavor that supports multiple windows and the like.

If you have tried it, reports on whether it worked and all hardware was supported would be top notch. Thanks!

Tyler
    Participant

Okay, just tried to get it going and it appears that disabling secure boot is not an option. Chris, can you help me confirm this?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Okay, just tried to get it going and it appears that disabling secure boot is not an option. Chris, can you help me confirm this?

I’ve not tried RemixOS on this, is there a build? Secure boot should be an issue I’ve booted to USB pen drives. F2 enter the bios and later manual boot override.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Tyler
    Participant

I’ve not tried RemixOS on this, is there a build? Secure boot should be an issue I’ve booted to USB pen drives. F2 enter the bios and later manual boot override.

I figured out Secure boot, but as for Remix OS, it looks like we are out of luck for running non MIUI Android on this tablet. Android-X86 has little to no support for Cherry Trail chips, same for Bay Trail.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar