Anyone tried to run HiBook pro 1600Mhz memory setting ?

Anyone tried to run HiBook pro 1600Mhz memory setting ?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi HiBook Discussion Anyone tried to run HiBook pro 1600Mhz memory setting ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    FaiRLane
    Participant

Anyone tried to run HiBook pro 1600Mhz memory setting ? now running 1066Mhz.

Will it 1600Mhz work? is it worth of it? Stability? Freezes? Brick tablet?

FaiRLane
    Participant

I am talking about second batch of Chuwi HiBook pro…

Why the 1st batch was cancelled ?

FaiRLane
    Participant

My HiBook pro is now 1600Mhz and it works fine. i Only change the memory speed to 1066 to 1600 and it feels a little bit faster. Test programs show that there is around 10-15% increase in overall speed.

intrax
    Participant

hi,

It was running fine for a couple of days, but than corrupted the gpt disk. Bad idea!

FaiRLane
    Participant

Hi

I’am do not understand, why increasing speed of ram, corrupts harddrive…

Laura
    Participant

because data in the RAM gets corrupted and written on disk, thus corrupting the filesystem

intrax
    Participant

because data in the RAM gets corrupted and written on disk, thus corrupting the filesystem

Exactly right !

EmEm
    Participant

Read elsewhere that things are fine after updating to 1600Mhz. Can anyone confirm?

Hibook Pro

Anonymous
    Inactive

My HiBook pro is now 1600Mhz and it works fine. i Only change the memory speed to 1066 to 1600 and it feels a little bit faster. Test programs show that there is around 10-15% increase in overall speed.

Could you please tell me how did you change memory speed from 1066 to 1600 on HiBook Pro? How long did it take for you for the first boot after changing memory speed? I am using HibookPro Z8350 version.. DDR3 4GB.. I followed the instruction exactly on YouTube by Chris. But it did not work out for me anyway. I tried several times, waited up to 2/3 hours after changing to 1600. Unfortunately the tablet did not boot. Did you change any other settings on BIOS or anywhere? Thanks in advance.

FaiRLane
    Participant

Well, mine is Z8300 version and i made speedup exactly same as Chris.  Still running fine on 1600mhz – no problems at all. Well, battery life is 10-15% shorter than without this speedup.

athanato
    Participant

There is some sequence with the power button to reset the BIOS settings to default, I ended up triggering it a few times when the Hi12 would not wake up

I just kept holding it until it would power on.

athanato
    Participant

Just set my HiBook Pro to 1600 and no problems yet.

bsoplinger
    Participant

I have the z8350 version of the plus. Been running 3 days without problems in both Windows 10 and Android 5.1

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes worked just fine, about 10% faster than 1066Mhz in benchmarks.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chris G
    Keymaster

Could you please tell me how did you change memory speed from 1066 to 1600 on HiBook Pro? How long did it take for you for the first boot after changing memory speed? I am using HibookPro Z8350 version.. DDR3 4GB.. I followed the instruction exactly on YouTube by Chris. But it did not work out for me anyway. I tried several times, waited up to 2/3 hours after changing to 1600. Unfortunately the tablet did not boot. Did you change any other settings on BIOS or anywhere? Thanks in advance.

It might be you’re just unlucky, there is no guarantee the RAM will work at the faster speed, down to luck really. You only miss out on like 10% performance boost. I know it’s great to get as much as possible out of these Atoms.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar