Battery Life – X98 Plus Dualboot

Battery Life – X98 Plus Dualboot

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Battery Life – X98 Plus Dualboot

• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Gal.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    fload
    Participant

Hi,

In general I am quite happy with the battery lifetime of my X98 Plus dualboot. But I read in different threads that the results vary.

What is your experience so far? Do you think there is a difference between the X98 plus single OS and the dual OS device they started to ship recently?

I am monitoring the battery lifetime with GSAM Battery Monitor. For me it says  8h34min battery life and 1d 5.9 hours in standby. For these tests I mostly used it in Android only, with a low brightness setting (around 30%). I performed “normal” tasks like browsing the web, emails, some short videos on youtube. No gaming.

I am curious what your results look like.

Cheers

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, I’m waiting for my Dual OS model. But with Windows on my single OS Win model, I could get over 8 hours of web browser. Battery life is one of the best I’ve seen on a Chinese tablet. Interested to see what the Dual boot model gets.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Gammlerlord
    Participant

GSAM Battery Monitor shows following values but my tablet is rooted and I installed GSAM root companion also. I guess the APP gets more informations about tablet and battery life calculation is more exactly.(A5C8 Dualboot OS)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anthony S. C.
    Participant

Really 8 hours? When it arrived(I mean without changing configurations) I got like 5-5.30 hours. Now I’ve changed “Display power saving technology ” to maximum battery, I’m getting almost 6 hours, maybe a bit more. With 30%-50% brightness, not gaming, just browsing or watching online videos (YouTube or TV apps from windows store). Right now, batterybar says 5:37 full runtime(50% brightness). Any recommended configuration for display properties ? It’s the dual version.

Gammlerlord
    Participant

Which version do you have? Mine is A5C8 and Dualboot OS and batterylife is about 6:30h. I’m content with it. My old X98 pro achieved just 3-4 hours.

Nicola
    Participant

About 7 h of web browsing using my win 10 only x98 plus.

25 to 50% screen brightness.

Anthony S. C.
    Participant

Which version do you have? Mine is A5C8 and Dualboot OS and batterylife is about 6:30h. I’m content with it. My old X98 pro achieved just 3-4 hours.

Mine too, actually, now it’s getting 6 hours, sometimes a little more. But, yesterday i felt that it decreased from 30% to 15% much faster than 100% to 80%, for instance.

Emil
    Participant

The battery operation time of my X98 plus is quite well, but the I have a problem with standby time on mine.
    Others of you have a low standby time? In standby it does not live many days before the battery is drained, not sure about the percent but I think if I have 20% in the evening the tablet is drained over the night to the morning and need to be charged before I can turn it on.
    Compared to my Teclast T98 tablet I had from earlier, the tablet could stay with 20% in standby in a week.

Gal
    Participant

I have the A5C8 and ~8 hours seems right. It’s just my second full charge though so this might change in the future.
    It seems Android drains more battery than Win but I’ll need more time to check.

Emil,  standby in Win or Android?

Alexandra
    Participant

I also experience relatively quick battery drain if I leave Win10 in standby. If I power the tablet down completely then it’s more typical and acceptable.

Emil
    Participant

I have the A5C8 and ~8 hours seems right. It’s just my second full charge though so this might change in the future. It seems Android drains more battery than Win but I’ll need more time to check. Emil, standby in Win or Android?

My experience is from Android, have not used Windows much yet. Mainly use the tablet for web browsing and think Android is best for it.

demorez
    Participant

i bought the X98 Plus especially because of the batter life. But with I am quite disappointed. I am using android (i found Win 10 usless on touch screen without the apps I am used to), and I am definitely below 5 hours battery life. I cannot tell exactly, as the battery statistics are not working for me – anyone with a same experiance?

Gal
    Participant

Tested Android standby. Left it overnight . It drained 4% in 8 hours.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar