Battery won't charge up to 100%

Battery won't charge up to 100%

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Battery won't charge up to 100%

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    inhalt
    Participant

Hello. I have had my Jumper Ezbook 2 (2nd batch) for a few days now and I have noticed it won’t charge completely, no matter if it’s pluged in for a whole day…

It just remains at 72.9% and that’s all. This has been happening for 3 days now. Does anyone know how to solve it? Thanks.

inhalt
    Participant

I entered the BIOS and reverted the graphic settings to stock (as I had changed some parameters) and the battery % shows OK now.

The thing is I was only getting 5h of working time with a full charge (which made me think that battery life was really poor compared to my Voyo Vbook V3’s, which used to last up to 8h). So I have just installed BatteryBar and it shows the battery capacity is 7800mWh instead of 10800mWh!!!

Now I am not sure if this is some sort of system limitation or my Jumper’s battery is just defective. Any ideas? I have already written Gearbest about this.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dominik
    Participant

Do you have 2nd batch, or 1st one?

inhalt
    Participant

2nd batch

[email protected]
    Participant

I have the same problem, most of the time my battery recharge up to 70% only.

BatteryBar report me 10 799 mWh.

Dirk
    Participant

Same problem here, does only charge up to ~80%

Ali Ma’sum
    Participant

how to determine the 1st batch or 2nd batch products?

Tom
    Participant

I do have the same problem here – the ezbook (2nd batch, received it yesterday) stops charging at 70%. when i move the mouse to the battery-symbol i get: “70 % available, plugged in, not charging”….
    Any ideas how to solve it without entering the bios?
    Gearbest is not helpful at all, the answer i got was:
    “The more time you have used the tablet,the battery will last short.

We have some suggestions for you:
    1.Close unused apps when you don’t use the tablet.
    2.Don’t connect to Internet all the time.
    3.Use tablet after the battery is full charged.

We will do our best to help you.” – Haha.

M0lecular
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I got the same issue, ordered from the recent gearbest presale. It is a 2nd batch notebook (really little flex in the keyboard).

In the beginning the windows idicator seemed stuck at around 70% – not charging.

I installed batterybar which was showing around 6.500 mWh of 10.000 mWh, but after a restart it shows 100% with 6.474 mWh of 6.474 mWh, 0% battery wear.

No mods, nothing changed in the BIOS.

With more people reporting this, Jumper might really messed up the battery in this batch…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tom
    Participant

Gearbest now offered a 36$ refund to my GB-Account (to use for further shopping- haha) or a exchange if i send the ezbook back to china – that would cost me 52 USD from germany, 1/3 of the price of the laptop. thats no option for me, i think i’ll try to put pressure on them using the paypal buyer-protection. Or do you have any other ideas?
    cheers,
    tomtom

inhalt
    Participant

Hi guys. I don’t  have my Z2 anymore, but I solved the problem by calibrating the battery (which is recommended to do every 2-3 months).

Follow these instructions on how to manually calibrate the battery:

How to Calibrate Your Laptop’s Battery For Accurate Battery Life Estimates

The Z2 has a battery calibration problem, so even when it shuts down when reaching the minimum battery level, DO NOT PLUG IT IN YET. Turn it back on and keep using it. You will notice the battery level will stay at ZERO for the following 2-3 hours. Then, when it shuts down for the second time, you may plug it in and charge it up to 100%.

Even though you may think the problem is sorted out after doing this, it’s more than likely to come up again. So keep recalibrating until the issue is finally solved or keep in mind that the measures are not real. If it shows 6000 – 7000mWh, you still have 3h of use at 0% after it shuts down for the 1st time.

IMPORTANT: Don’t mess with BIOS. You might brick your laptop.

M0lecular
    Participant

Hi Inhalt,

indeed, my google search turned up the same page and I followed the instructions (unload till 5%, charge fully, leave at full charge for some hours, unload till 5% and repeat) but it did not solve the problem ( still showing the 6.474 mWh).

I did not yet try letting it unload till 0%, will this not harm the battery – deep discharge etc?

Tom
    Participant

Hi all,

I was able to fix the battery-problem temporarily. But unfortunately it only worked once, now it stops charging at 82% again.
    What I did: I resetted Win 10 back to factory settings (reinstall Win 10 and deleted all personal stuff / apps). It took ages, but after that it charged up to 100% without any problems. The bad thing is that it only worked once, the next time i chaged the ezbook it didn’t charge up to 100% again.
    Seems to be a software-issue – any ideas how to fix that? The battery itself seems to be ok for me.

@molecular and inhalt

Deep discharge didn’t work here. It might be an other option to open the case, disconnect the battery from the rest of the laptop and push / hold the power button, then reconnect the battery and start and see, whether it worked.

Cheers,
    tomtom

M0lecular
    Participant

Hi All,

I followed Inhalts instructions and it seems to work to an extend that I will probably ignore this calibration issue.

I set the energy settings back to default, let it run dry and turned it on again. The laptop was staying at 0% charge for another 2,5 hours until it finally shut down giving me about 7 hours to work with. The laptop then charged back to 100%, but battery bar is still reporting 6.484 mWh capacity.

@inhalt
    : thanks for the advice!

@tomtom
    : thanks for checking testing out the windows reset – I will skip trying this.

This issue is annoying, but no deal breaker for me, I will just keep in mind that I have at least 2h more than reported. If anyone has a fix, I would be happy to hear about it.

rosi
    Participant

perhaps an update helps up  “Windows 10 Anniversary Update EZBook 2”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar