BIOS RESET

BIOS RESET

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Marcin Kruszyński
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve received this tablet today with docking keyboard and some weird chinese gift (anyone knows what is it?).

The problem is I changed some settings in BIOS (enabled Fast Boot and something else) and It looks i can switch it on, because USB ports do the power on, but I can’t see anything on the screen. It doesn’t seem to connect to the WiFi neither.
    I opened him up, but it doesn’t look like it has some “reset-BIOS-magic-button”. Has anyone know what can i do with that? Is there any solution? Is there any way to reset BIOS? I thought of disconnecting battery, but it’s soldered to mainboard and I don’t wanna do this without trying something else.

Thank you.

Przemo
    Participant

Hold Vol+ button when powering on tablet.

Evil E.
    Participant

and some weird chinese gift (anyone knows what is it?)

You want to know what it is but you don’t find it necessary to post a photo of it or give a detailed description. So how do you expect people to answer that question ???

Marcin Kruszyński
    Participant

Tried that and Vol-Down, Vol-Up+Vol-Down, even Windows key. Nothings works ;/

Marcin Kruszyński
    Participant

Here you are…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Przemo
    Participant

It’s tea 🙂

Przemo
    Participant

Maybe microhdmi will work but you can try this if main display not working.

Hold ESC on keyboard and power on tablet. Power led will blink. Wait few seconds and release esc.
    Press
    Right, Right, Right, Right, Down, Down, Enter, Down, Enter, Right, Enter, Enter. This is blind Fast Boot disable

Marcin Kruszyński
    Participant

Doesn’t work but it can still be some other setting i changed ;P

Can you tell me combination for blind “default bios settings” + save&quit? ;]

Evil E.
    Participant

+1

Przemo
    Participant

1xLeft
    7xDown
    2xEnter
    7xUp
    2xEnter

Marcin Kruszyński
    Participant

Thanks for help, but it doesn’t work.

I’ve cut battery off and also didn’t work ;/

I’ll buy microHDMI tomorrow and we will see if anything shows on output.

If not, this is one of the fastest brick I’ve ever had – almost 2 hours ;P

Marcin Kruszyński
    Participant

Here are some photos of Hi10 inside.

http://imgur.com/a/JIvEA

Anonymous
    Inactive

The positive wire (red) of the battery seems… a bit crappy. It looks like if it was cutted for some reason and joined after that. And I only see 2 cables for the battery, nothing for data like temp or control. It doesn’t inspire confidence for long term use.

Thanks for the photos, BTW

Przemo
    Participant

It can be battery problem. I left my device fully charged yesterday (docked). At morning i had dead device. No response, no led blinking – nothing. After connecting charger still nothing. Few second later and power button pressing I’ve got warning about 0% battery level. Now battery is charging and led is blinking.

Tablet was disabled by windows shut down.

Hualalai
    Participant

@MarcinDANGER.  That red lead is the hot lead from the battery.  If the exposed splice (raw conductors twisted together) shown in the last pix on Imgur touches ground circuit of your tablet, your tablet may ignite… for real… the incendiary tablet syndrome.  If you’ve ever seen a LiPo battery discharge in a short circuit, it is terrifying… sort of a plasma.  Put some electrical tape around that splice and the one near the main board.  You’re lucky you opened the case to find this.  UNLESS, when you say you “cut the battery”, you mean you cut the red lead.  If it came that way, it’s really shoddy, and dangerous, work from Chuwi.

That exposed red lead near the mainboard is dangerous, too.  Anyone with a Chuwi Hi10 would do well to open the case and check to see whether you have a similar accident waiting to happen.

The tea is hei cha (heavily fermented, steamed, and molded).  It tastes like dirt (IMO).  The authentic (and expensive) hei cha is pu-erh from Yunnan.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu-erh_tea   Pu-erh was originally prepared like that to preserve it for transport to be traded for horses.  Most hei cha is “aged” in a few months using microbes.  The real Pu-erh takes years to ripen.  Sort of like the difference between box wine and grand cru.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar