Booting with a bootable USB DOK

Booting with a bootable USB DOK

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Booting with a bootable USB DOK

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gilli S Shekter
    Participant

I need to re-install windows 10 on my X98 pro – I received it with a none working Win 10.

I followed all instructions given at this forum, created a bootable USB DOK using Microsoft creation tool, however, upon entering setup, I see no option for overriding boot with a USB device.

Everything seems to be connected correctly via a USB 2.0 hub, keyboard and mouse function well.

I would deeply appreciate any help.

Rubick
    Participant

Make sure your tablet is ‘seeing’ properly the hub and all other devices connected to it.

And also the bootable pendrive MUST be in FAT32 (it doesn’t work with exFAT neither NTFS), use any other tool to copy your ISO like ‘Rufus’ or any other similar and make sure you choose the proper filesystem (I think that MS tool sets it in exFAT by default so only use it to get the ISO from MS servers).

Once you’ve checked it you’ll see it in BIOS options to override or when you press F7 while booting in TECLAST logo letters.

Gilli S Shekter
    Participant

Everything seems to be in order: hub lights are on, KB and mouse worke. USB is formatted FAT32 as requiered, still nothing – the X98 pro does not give it as an option in the override section.

I also tried accessing the DOK from Android (Windows does not load, as I have already mentioned before) and it sees it just fine.  Any ideas?

Gilli S Shekter
    Participant

Can someone help please? thanks…

BoORD_L
    Participant

Can someone help please? thanks…

In RUFUS have you choosen “GPT for UEFI”?

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Karl0ss
    Participant

Format a USB key to FAT32 and put the files from the Windows10PE image (on this forum) on the key, boot with it plugged in and it will install windows for you.

Robert Barry
    Participant

I have tried both methods using the WINPE windows 10 download from this forum on a fat32 formatted usb stick and it will not install.  I also tried with a hub and regular windows 10 bootable usb and could not find any option in the bios to start from usb. I am stuck.

any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Gilli S Shekter
    Participant

Thanks,
    I re created the DOK with the GPT option and now the X98 pro sees it, however, when I choose the Sandisk DOK override boot, the tablet is unable to preform the booting. Instead, after a few minutes, it loads Android.

Guess I’m still doing something wrong – the DOK is formatted Fat32.

Thanks again.

Gilli S Shekter
    Participant

Any suggestions? thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar