Bricked trying BIOS update

Bricked trying BIOS update

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Bricked trying BIOS update

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Jorge
    Participant

Hi Guys!

I’ve been waiting the re-programming tools for so long to fix the corrupted Teclast BIOS update (thanks Chuwi for bricking my table), I did all the proccess and everything goes well as expected on the Bill Christiansen tutorial, the tablet is working but the screen is black, I had to connect it by HDMI to see it was working, Then I was checking if the screen ribbon cable was ok and it was well placed as it was before the wrong teclast update appeared..

Do you have any idea why my screen is not turning on, where the problem is? is it possible something about disconnecting and connecting the battery? something like after doing this, the screen panel is not getting enough power? It’s so annoying that the tablet is working but the screen is black.. hope anyone put some light on this, thanks

Jorge
    Participant

I have to add the touch panel is reponding well, the stylus is working even, just the screen is black

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

I have to add the touch panel is reponding well, the stylus is working even, just the screen is black

Sorry to hear about the screen trouble, my guess would have been the cables as well but sounds like you already checked that.

Marko M
    Participant

After flashing bios on my bricked chuwi hi12 tablet is working,but screan is blank.Thru mini hdmi is working fine.

Marko M
    Participant

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

@Jorge and Mako

Do you have dual or single boot Hi12? Are you sure you flashed correct version of BIOS?

Marko M
    Participant

<hr />

<hr />

I have dual boot version,downlosded bios from chuwi webpage,letest verdion.

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

<hr /> <hr /> I have dual boot version,downlosded bios from chuwi webpage,letest verdion.

OK, that should be correct. I don’t know why the screen is not working. Hope someone else can help.

Lukas Meier
    Participant

Hi,

is it crucial to unsolder the battery from the board or are there any other ways to do so?

I never used a soldering iron on an electric board, so yeah, I dont fell too confident doing this. And I dont have one on hand at the moment…

If I have to do it anyway, well I think I can do it, but are there important things to take care of?

Thanks

Lukas

Fouad
    Participant

Hello Lucas,

Yes you must unsold it before doing anything or your BIOS will be totally fried.

Check on youtube how you will do or visit a technical repair person and he could do it.

waspinator
    Participant

For the people who got it working, can you add the links to the components you bought? Thanks.

Bill Christiansen
    Participant
    Peter Persson
    Participant

Hey

Another owner of a bricked Chuwi here… .(

Successfully followed the guide posted about the BIOS update through a cable, programmer reports chip updated and it matches the .bin file,  but tablet is still dead.

I got the blinking charging light back running, but not able to boot into anything, tried triple-press power button, external keyboard F7 etc.

Simply no luck…. Would appreciate help….. Anyone got beyond this point?

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

Hey Another owner of a bricked Chuwi here… .( Successfully followed the guide posted about the BIOS update through a cable, programmer reports chip updated and it matches the .bin file, but tablet is still dead. I got the blinking charging light back running, but not able to boot into anything, tried triple-press power button, external keyboard F7 etc. Simply no luck…. Would appreciate help….. Anyone got beyond this point?

If the battery voltage got very low it may need a longer charge to bring it to a level that it can boot. If the backlight is on not all the current will got to the battery. Try to hold power for 30 seconds to ensure shut off then connect charger and charge for long period before trying again.

Peter Persson
    Participant

Hey Bill and all others, and thanks for a fantastic forum and detailed help!

Thanks for the directions on how to revive my Chuwi. Though no luck, its strange…..

Battery voltage is fine, I left the charger in (with the blinking LED charging light turned into firm “fully loaded” ) for more than 24 hours. the LiPo output voltage at mainboard is 4,2 volts. Fully charged in my world…

The BIOS was properly reprogrammed and checked, same content as .bin file, at least before I reconnect everything and try to restart tablet, then bios chip is no longer same as in.bin file ( tried wiping and reprogramming several times…)

Totally unresponsive, well, I stop the blinking LED briefly by pressing the power button for 30 secs, but no screen response, no backlight running, and no HDMI output….

Im leaning towards a broken BIOS chip….???? Just puzzled by that reprogramming and verify goes through…..

Any more ideas?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 148 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar