Checklist for new x98 Pro owners?

Checklist for new x98 Pro owners?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Checklist for new x98 Pro owners?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Grandizer
    Participant

Does anyone have a checklist of what should and shouldn’t be done with the Telcast x98 Pro? My order from Bangggood just arrived so I was looking to see if anyone had a list of things to check for or set as a health check. Or is it better to just wait until I encounter each problem and fix as it comes?

B52
    Participant

From my side, I’ve had the tab for a week and no issues whatsoever – yet. I’ll resolve if and when I come into them tho. I was going to update the BIOS, but now I’m too scared incase it causes problems experienced by other users.

chris
    Participant

Hi, It would be very helpful to check sdcard functionality on both windows and android. Numerous people, like me, are finding that although the sdcard function correctly with windows it doesn’t on Android. In my case a fat32 formatted card up to 64gb will mount, is shown in storage but is invisible to apps so is useless. Big problem!

Chasing Teclast for a fix.

B52
    Participant

I spoke too soon [see above] – was welcomed with the dreaded BIOS eMMC missing,  just earlier. I guess a BIOS flash is now inevitable. What  malarkey.

Grandizer
    Participant

Crap…sorry to hear. Strange how a tablet can be running fine and then have these types of issues.

trebor
    Participant

My bit of a Checklist for X98 PRO K9C6
    Keep your cool.
    Lots of reading around TECHTablets have a good read.
    Charge the thing for a good 12 hours before using.
    Find and record your windows key with a key finder or similar programme found on TT

Update Bios v1.13 (read instructions)
    You will need a Hub and a USB keyboard for bios update.
    it may take some time to restart after bios update dont panic.(keep your cool)
    Install the Reg fix for windows Power and Battery setting found on TT (read how to set)
    Have a fiddle, if windows is still messy, join up with MS Insiders preview and update to Windows v10586 (its good)

Still not happy then wipe out Windows and start again.
    Media creation Tool and re-setup windows lots of ideas here on TT
    Install fresh windows 10, All the Drivers and bits to do it can be found on TT
    Install reg Fix as above, and redo the Insiders Preview(update again)
    Lots of instructions on how its down on TT
    Take your time,
    Don’t ask me Android I removed it from the tablet.

tomn
    Participant

Hi,

I got into Bios of my x98 pro and it has “Core Version 5.011”, how can I tell it is
    bios v1.13 or not?

trebor
    Participant

Mine was the same or close 5.
    Now it reads 1.13.
    Not 100% sure but it’s working 113

Ankur
    Participant

trebor – that is really good information. Thanks!

Can you please point me to the instructions for the v1.13 BIOS? I just got my tablet last week (K9C6) and have no idea whether it already came with latest BIOS pre-installed or if I need to do anything extra.

Other items to consider:

Q: Is there a way to suppress Chinese language in Android? I still get a lot of Chinese language sprinkled in some random places (ex: when Play store successfully installs an app).

This is a great thread – possibly worth a sticky.

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

@Ankur

Look here http://techtablets.com/2015/10/teclast-x98-pro-boot-to-bios-missing-emmc-fix-bios-update/

The download in that post has a WORD document with instructions

BUT: Chris bricked his K9C3. You have a K9C6 that might go well.

I recommend not to do the BIOS upgrade unless you have to!!! Have to means if you have issues.

However, my issues are gone almost after:

-go into bios and disable IGD Turbo option

-in windows use the Battery saving options (I let them kick in at already 60% battery)

Only thing left: crappy batterylife. That can not be solved Im afraid its by design

Ankur
    Participant

Thanks for the BIOS link. I’ll hold off doing the BIOS upgrade until I run into any issues. So far the tablet is doing good. Hope that doesn’t change soon.

Tim Tom
    Participant

A solution on rooting Android has already been posted in another thread in this forum:

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/x98-prok9c6-rooting/#post-12535

(NOTE: DON’T follow the instruction in that thread)

(1) download rooting app (.exe) from link to google drive

(2) download and install intel ADB driver for Android on your PC:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/installation-instructions-for-intel-android-usb-driver

(3) boot tablet into Android

(4) enable “USB debugging” in Developer’s option

(5) connect tablet to PC by USB (you DON’T need to put the tablet into safe mode, fastboot etc. Just normal Android)

(6) run the rooting app – follow the steps in English

(7) tablet will reboot at the end of the process, with SuperSU installed. You can go online to update SuperSU.

I got root in the first attempt using this app. I also had no problem updating SuperSU.

P.S. My X98 Pro is a K9C6

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar