Chuwi Hi12 Aluminum Keyboard

Chuwi Hi12 Aluminum Keyboard

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Chuwi Hi12 Aluminum Keyboard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Akin Atwick
    Participant

Hello guys, did you know that Chuwi just released an aluminum keyboard for the Hi12?

Specs:
    1. Can open and close within the angle of 0-120 degrees.
    2. Comes with the third-generation docking port.
    3. Comes with two USB 2.0 port (used for USB flash disk or mouse).
    4. Strongly magnetic-attractive power makes it bind tightly with the tablet.

Photos:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Your thoughts?

Justinkeyback
    Participant

Nice. Heavy enough to keep it on the table and not fall on its back? I suppose it will not be cheap.

Marc
    Participant

Chris announced it already a few weeks ago:

Chuwi Hi12 Gets A New Metal Keyboard Dock

I didn’t buy the plastic one because of bad quality experienced by users here.

But this one I think I’ll buy. If only with extra battery inside (as the extra weight), then it would be a no brainer…

kuko61
    Participant

I asked Gearbest and Everbuying, whether they sell new aluminum keyboard. In the pictures have already shown a new keyboard.
    But they did not write any reply yet 🙁

Marc
    Participant

Haha, I did the same for this one: http://www.gearbest.com/m-goods-sn-173348302.htm

But I did receive an answer:

Your original question is “Hi, The picture of the gray/silver version seems to show the new metal version, recently announced by Chuwi. Is this correct or is this still the first generation keyboard”

Here is the answer from Our Customer service Team:

“Hello Marc,
    This is the new version please. Thanks for your attention.”

So good news: better quality but similar price.

So I’ve just ordered it 🙂

Ramon
    Participant

I also asked to Gearbest and I also received the same answer, and I ordered it. It seems they have in stock since I ordered it on Friday and I received a mail on Saturday saying it had already been sent.

Martin
    Participant

It shows availability from 28JUL-6AUG so would seem this would be a new one. I ordered one today too 🙂 39 USD seems good value if Chuwi learned from they’re mistake with original one.

Richard Russell
    Participant

there is an old saying: “Don’t throw good money after bad”

I will not be purchasing this keyboard

Chris G
    Keymaster

I got mine, it’s a big improvement over the old one. You can read more on it here in my post: http://techtablets.com/2016/07/chuwi-hi12-metal-keyboard-dock-unboxing-hands/

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Shade
    Participant

Thanks for the quick update.

I noticed with the original white keyboard the keys are a little…. hard to describe… stiff? They take a fair amount of force to push down compared to a higher quality keyboard. At least that is how it seems to me, part of the way it feels a bit cheap. The spacebar also crunches a little depending on how I hit it.

How does typing on the new one feel to you compared to the original one? It is more or less the same keys in a better housing or are the keys a bit different, as well?

Aloha

Jason
    Participant

Hi guys,

Is it possible to connect another keyboard to the chuwi hi12 or not ? Is the connector is a norm or it’s chuwi’s like ?

Thanks !

Max3D
    Participant

Gearbest doesn’t have stock of the golden variant. Anyone seen it in the wild or is there only a silver/alu looking version?

Martin
    Participant

Just got mine today. I’m not sure if it is build or transport related but my came mangled. Doesn’t lie flat at all. Some keys are recessed, especially in corners. Its usable. will try to open it and see if it can be straightened.

Justinkeyback
    Participant

I am just very happy with my wireless 2.4 gHz keyboard and mouse with dongle from Aliexpress for 10 euros! Can you imagine that. Why would I spend so much more on a such clumsy keyboard. And when I place the dongle in our LG television I can use the mouse as remote controle and the keyboard to find movies in Youtube … I can use this keyboard and mouse with an usb to micro usb adapter in my Samsung Tab pro 8.4. The versatility of this set is just wonderful. I only would be more happier when the Chinese would deliver the same set for that price in black

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lee
    Participant

Due to incompetence on my part I have an original one on Oder from eBay that’s currently somewhere in Holland and an aluminium one from gearbeast that just left China.

I may just take the original plastic one apart and see about modding it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar