CHUWI HI12 windows only discontinued

CHUWI HI12 windows only discontinued

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum CHUWI HI12 windows only discontinued

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    BoORD_L
    Participant

For every owners of the CHUWI HI12 single OS.

In the chuwi international official forum has been said that  CHUWI SINGLE OS HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED NOW.

So owners like me of the first model of this product, sold just 2 months ago, have no more support or improvements

THANKS CHUWI MY LAST PRODUCT OF THIS BRAND.

SOURCE: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=1160&pid=3190&fromuid=409

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

alessandro
    Participant

Discontinued could mean related only to production, not support…

By the way I am sure you will receive the same support and improvements as rhe dual boot owners…

Zero!! ☺

BoORD_L
    Participant

Shame on CHUWI… i will spread this treatment reserved to their customers all over forums and blogs on the web.

TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Marc
    Participant

I think that before you cry and scream, you should probably wait and see if you get some useful information. Or is that not the reasom you posted on this forum ?

On topic, if I understand correctly from other posts, the only hardware difference between Win only and Dual OS is the stylus capability of the Dual OS.

If that is true, you don’t need to worry about support (at least not more than the Dual OS owners…).

Chris G
    Keymaster

Not really discontinued, just they are only selling it with dual boot now. This doesn’t mean no more support for us and if you only want Windows on a dual OS model, just delete the raw partitions and use a partition manager to reclaim the free space or use it as a second drive.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

BoORD_L
    Participant

i am not crying i only want to be supported from chuwi for further develops (but first of all understand you aren’t talk to a child so please be polite)

if you deeply read the forum you would understand that emily response to dualboot request for first model was “send to use to change mb” and the differences between first bench and the latest one dosn’t lie to digitizer only.

i’ve bought a tablet with dualboot support impressed on the package.

and chris the problem is i can’t use android… if my problem was ‘i want single os’ i wan’t here and on chuwi forum to reclaim what was promised.

but if you are glad of chuwi way of support their customers you don’t really know what a support is.

Anyway my money were good they weren’t impressed on one side only.

Karhu
    Participant

So to be clear, when you ordered it online was it described as dual os, or single os? If it said dual os on the item you ordered but wasn’t when you got it you should return it to whoever you bought it from.

BoORD_L
    Participant

Just to add shipping cost to a tablet promised as a dual boot.

I don’t understand why i have to spend more for something that i should have.

BoORD_L
    Participant

just to inform other hi12 customers about support.

it has been asked on chuwi forum what product discontinued means. production or support?

up to now no answer http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1160-9-1.html

emily
    Participant

Hello, BoORD

Chuwi will no longer produce Chuwi Hi12 (windows 10 only). And dualboot Chuwi Hi12 has replaced single OS Hi12. That is to say, it is hard to get single OS hi12 in the market now. As long as the product is from Chuwi, Chuwi will offer you support and after-sales service. So i think you needn’t worry about its support.

BoORD_L
    Participant

Hello, BoORD Chuwi will no longer produce Chuwi Hi12 (windows 10 only). And dualboot Chuwi Hi12 has replaced single OS Hi12. That is to say, it is hard to get single OS hi12 in the market now. As long as the product is from Chuwi, Chuwi will offer you support and after-sales service. So i think you needn’t worry about its support.

I’m still waiting dual boot option for first model.

Do you think this request can be categorized as after sales support ? if not what you mean by after sale?

Sorry for the questions but i think we need a definitive answer to clear our duobts.

Thanks in advance

John J
    Participant

I’m very disappointed with Chuwi.  It was my understanding when I purchased the HI12 that it would be updated with the Android operating system at a later date.  It appears I’m, left with something I have little use for.  I will no longer purchase direct from Chinese companies.  The after purchase support is non-existent.   Hopefully I can sell my tablet and keyboard and recover some cost.  Live and learn!

emily
    Participant

I think you should buy a tablet what you really need.

There are always some people who bought single OS Hi12 and then hope upgrade to dualboot. There are some other people who bought dualboot Hi12 and then hope remove Android OS.

BoORD_L
    Participant

OMG Emily, elusive again.

I’ve buyed first model of this tablet 2 month ago. it was windows only (there wasn’t any other model)  but with a dual boot implementation promise from chuwi.

So please answer to this question with a YES or NO:

Will dual boot for first model be released by CHUWI?

PS: I’ve sent to emily a PM on chuwi forum to point her to this question… let see

emily
    Participant

Hi, The first model of Chuwi Hi12 is single OS, the second model of Chuwi Hi12 is dualboot. When dualboot Hi12 is released, some people who have single OS Hi12 want to upgrade to Dualboot. And I have feedback this idea to Chuwi technical engineers. Then I was told that perhaps single OS will be upgraded to Dualboot,it is not certain. If you want to upgrade your single OS Hi12, please contact your seller and return it for repair. We will help you to upgrade to the dual boot. But you have to afford freight. Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar