Chuwi Hi8 Windows 10 image

Chuwi Hi8 Windows 10 image

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Windows 10 image

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    jagat
    Participant

http://bbs.chuwi.com/thread-960-1-1.html (english version in attachment)

unofficial windows 10 by site admin

chose one of the two links

1. techtablet server http://techtablets.com/chuwi-hi8/downloads/

2. extra slow chinese server —————

http://yunpan.cn/ccCdxgdmKZD8F

Code: 976d

–would like to thank Chris, Roni Alush, Gregy and Alberto Ramirez from other threads

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    CarCrash
    Participant

I’ve got the reserve Win10 icon on my notification tray. Would upgrading through that be equivalent? What happens to WIMBoot? Do I have to clear some partitions?

BoORD_L
    Participant

Forget that link, it’s just an old windows 10 beta (no RTM).

Let’s wait for the final one

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Chris G
    Keymaster

I downloaded it, took forever. But yes, its an old 10166 build I think. Chuwi will have an official build out soon or you can run the upgrade. But your recovery will not be effected, so still the old Win 8.1 recovery.

I would wait for Chuwi’s release, should be soon.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chris G
    Keymaster

HI, forgot what I said it’s a Release image, no water marks. I have just flashed this over to my Chuwi Hi8 and it works well. Windows 10 home and it installs the recovery partition too. Everything works just fine, but it doesn’t activate with your Windows 8.1 Bing key. I used the key from the first link and post and it activation method. Windows update works and it’s 100% activated. I’ll have a video coming to demo it in an hour or so.

Installation is easy:

Download the file (I’m uploading a mirror now)
    Format a USB stick fat32 and name it WINPE
    extract all the files from the rar to the root of this stick.
    Reboot your Hi8 with a mouse and keyboard plugged in and that USB memory stick. (You need a usb hub)
    Enter the boot menu and the select that usb memory stick.
    Sit back and let it do it;s thing, takes about 15 minutes!
    Reboot and it has English as a set up lanague.
    Done!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

wilmafingerdo
    Participant

Chris-

Did you ever get the image uploaded to another server?  Link at start of thread is broken (expired / deleted)

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, it’s uploading to the TT server now. Unfortunately, my upload speeds are slow. It will be uploaded and in the Chuwi Hi8 download section tomorrow.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Chris G
    Keymaster

The Windows 10 image download is now up here: http://techtablets.com/chuwi-hi8/downloads/

Please only download if you really need it, the server is getting a beating we are going through over 1TB a day in bandwidth. My host thought I had a warez site. Downloads might require login very soon to stop hit and runs.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Gregy
    Participant

I think that would be a fantastic idea Chris as I’m getting a 1/3 into the download before it bombs out… 🙁

Tim
    Participant

Sadly it seems I now have only Windows 10 left. Now more OS switch icon and I’m not sure Android is still even there. Is there a way to check and fix it?

Glenn
    Participant

Why not stick it on a torrent site?

wilmafingerdo
    Participant
    Chris G
    Keymaster

@glennbot I would, but they always die torrent and my upload is not good enough to seed people. So it’s up on my 1gbps server now. I’ve had big issues in the past with Google drive limits, free file share sites with disappearing downloads, mega etc. Even Amazon S3 (To expensive btw) So I use my own private server.

Chuwi SHOULD torrent all their roms and images 🙂 That I agree with.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Gregy
    Participant

Hey Chris,

Just a couple of question in relation to Windows 10

1/ the image you have uploaded to the site is this the RTM build or the beta release.

2/ I was just wondering if anyone is experienced with PC’s and knows  how to rebuild windows from scratch are we able to destroy all the partitions and just create one 1 partition just for windows 10 (and get rid of the crapy version of android with no OTA access).

3/ has anyone tried installing the 64-bit version of windows on their tablet (64-bit processor might as well use it to its full advantage).

Sorry mate these questions have been lingering for a while now and thought i would ask the question to see if yourself or anyone else has tried it ?.

cheers

JEFFREY P RUDZINSKI
    Participant

THe 64 bit version won’t help you. It only has to do with RAM. 32 bit can support up to 4 gb of ram, 64 bit can support more. Since this tablet has 2 GB of RAM, the 64 bit version won’t give you any performance increase in any way.

If you boot to an install CD or USB you can mess around with partitions during the initial setup. You can format (erase), delete, merge, and create partitions from what I recall.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar