Chuwi vi10 plus (remix OS) freezing

Chuwi vi10 plus (remix OS) freezing

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Chuwi vi10 plus (remix OS) freezing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Martin
    Participant

Hello,
    3 days ago I received CHUWI vi10 plus tablet with REMIX 2.0. OS. The problem is that the system is freezing like every 5-10 if I´m doing anything (its necessary to reset it with long pressing the power button). In developer options I changed GPU rendering to enable and it seems that it a helped a bit but freezes still persists..  Does somebody here have similar experience or some tip to repair it? I have noticed that Chris in his review mentioned a similar problem… but according to his words it dissapeared. Its extremely annoying.
    Factory reset is not helping.

Michael
    Participant

Hi mate,

I am currently experiencing the same issue, I recieved my VI10 Plus (remix only) a few days ago and it randomly freezes when using apps etc. I factory reset and still having issues. I was wondering if I had recieved a bad unit but it looks like your having the same problems. Its a shame as its otherwise a great device but unusable when it freezes like this!

Martin
    Participant

As you say, Michael… It still can be great device if this will dissappear. I have already sent message to CHUWI facebook and REMIX facebook as well and waiting for their answers.. Hope that they can somehow help. I will post it here when I get something. Even the guide for installing windows would be nice “solution”.

Yagnesh
    Participant

I too faced similar issue. It is random and not linked to any app or usage scenario. Due to this issue, my usage of tablet has been reduced.

Also, I’ve battery drain issue when docked to keyboard (screen turns on automatically), for which I’ve opened a ticket with Gearbest.

Martin
    Participant

Yeah I face the issue with keyboard as well.. anyway on Chuwi´s forum there are instalation files for remix + android + windows so you can try to reinstall it. I made fresh instalation of remix and now it seems much better. I have already installed all of my apps and still no freeze. Hope it has been repaired.
    Here is the link:

http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2116-1-1.html

Michael
    Participant

I stumbled upon that thread but I was abit cautious as it mentioned flashing the bios etc which I’ve never done before. Was it fairly straightforward to reinstall the OS?

Martin
    Participant

well.. if you want to install dualboot instead of remix, then its necessary to flash bios etc… but if you want just reinstall remix OS with their file, then it is not needed to flash bios. You just need to download remix files, some flashing tool and then flash .json file. Just as is in tutorial (android part). If freezes will persist I will try to install regular android version (at least widgets and more setting will be there).

Pawel
    Participant

this is not cool… seeing this post before getting mine (in few days I hope). The only recomforting thing is that:

quote a message from chuwi forum: “One thing I will say is that Android on this tablet seems much better than when I was using Remix 2.  I saw a lot of lockups and various other software glitches with Remix 2 but the experience with pure Android is completely different and significantly better   ”

I don’t care having remix or pure android. The only question I have is about the tutorial. When they say:II. Reinstall Android  they mean you do all the stuff they say in tutorial from the remix os? Theanswer seems obvious but… I don’t have much of experience with android. thanks

the tutorial link: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2254-1-1.html

Martin
    Participant

its really simple. If you want to have it android only, just just follow the step 2. “Reinstall Android</span>” from the tutorial. If you want just to reflash remix OS- follow the same tutorial, same step but you need to download files for remix. Everything else is the same.
    Btw.. if you want to have it android only, I recommend to replace “gpt” from attachement for the original gpt. The original gpt is made for dual boot so there is only 7 GB of free space for android. I have modified this file and now there should be around 19 GB of free space for using.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Martin
    Participant

ok I cant upload it here… but you can find it on this link

Pawel
    Participant

ok I downloaded your file thank you. We will see if I need it. Just because I’m a total noob in android stuff… the android file should be downloaded on my PC and once the phone flash tool installed I choose the android files from my PC and it will install the file automatically on the tablet when the tablet starts in DNXFASTBOOT MODE?

Michael
    Participant

Thanks for the info Martin, keep us updated on the performance! Ive ordered OTG and USB keyboard so I can mess around flashing the software. Hopefully we find the solution!

Aldo
    Participant

Good tip on on the reinstall, I went ahead and did this out of the box and the tablet seems pretty darn snappy.

The only thing I seem to be missing is root, any leads on getting this bad boy rooted?

Pawel
    Participant

Just received my tablet today. For now everything seems to be fine but it has been just two or three hours.

Peter Lustig
    Participant

Hi there, I´d like to know if the freeze problems are gone if I install Android. If the Android is without bugs I will not send it back to Gearbest. And what about the keybord docking , will it work with Android ?

Kind regards, Peter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar