COMPLETE GUIDE TO REINSTALL CUBE IWORK10

COMPLETE GUIDE TO REINSTALL CUBE IWORK10

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate COMPLETE GUIDE TO REINSTALL CUBE IWORK10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    rinaldo
    Participant

Hi guys,

thanks to some user of the forum (mainly Laura-Dan-Abady) + one sleepless night i have been able to reinstall my cube iwork10 dual OS.

cause it has been difficult for me (i’m not so expert) i decided to produce a guide that should be helpful to others.

here below the complete guide for reinstalling cube iwork10 dual SO tablet.

put my experience

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim Hallinger
    Participant

Holy shit. How much work this is!

Thank you very much. This will help much people.

Andras Kenez
    Participant

If Dual OS  is it for i15TD ? You wrote T…

But thank you very much for Guide

rinaldo
    Participant

mine is -15-T and is dual OS

should be the same…

Andras Kenez
    Participant

I do not understand nameing rules of Cube…

Andreas
    Participant

great work thanks a lot!!!!!

Bugi
    Participant

You save my life bro, thank you so much.

Luís Santos
    Participant

Can this be used to install Android only and make it use all of the 64GB?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello… I’ve played with my i15-tcl for a couple of days now, I’ve managed to install almost everything I’ve stumbled upon on it (from remix os to android EFI) and decided to make it an Android only device thanks to a modified gpt.bin found on a Teclast thread, rooted it and now I’m quite satisfied with it and its idiosyncrasies.
    One of my many tries was to restore it to its factory state with the Intel tools and a stock image downloaded from Google Drive labelled “Cube iWork10 (i15-TC) 26052016.rar”(it seems almost impossible to download big files from Baidu) but after I’ve managed to restore both the Android and Windows parts I’ve found that the restored Android version was 5.1.1 with security patches from December 2015… no OTA updates whatsoever, the shipped version was 5.1 with 2016-02-01 patches.
    I’ve restored a backed up stock system partition (thanks to Laura) made with Macrium Reflect and everything seems to work fine.
    My only concern now is how to update this tablet at this point. I’m cut off from OTA updates by choice but even a restored stock Tablet seems not to be able to update itself via OTA, Baidu is not a reliable source for downloading those 7GB files, I doubt the one on TechTablets’ download section is viable for an i15-TCL… there is somewhere a reliable mirror for those huge files or someone has the “not 2015 security patched” image?

JesDoias
    Participant

How did you resized the android data partition from 7 Gb to 50 Gb?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Restoring the tablet with Intel Platform Flash Tool Lite (“blank” restore, it delete everything) with a modified GPT.bin file and substituting some of the stock img files to prevent bootloops (don’t know if it works with the stock untouched boot image I didn’t try this specific combination, I need root on the tablet)

Modified gpt.bin found here:

Resize android partition the easy way ! for X98 serie !

Modified boot.img & twrp recovery found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/cube-iwork-10-flagship-dual-boot-i15td-t3367954

a copy of the stock restore images for i15-TCL found here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B55gm49vxGYHWWpGaEFOMXB4dFE

The Android version after the restore process was 5.1.1 with late-2015 security patches, my shipped stock Android was with mid-2016 patches so I’ve restored a system partition previously cloned with Reflect.

The only downside, other than the loose of the OTA update, is with TWRP, after the partitions changes you must manually mount the system partition ’cause TWRP can’t automatically mount it during the installation process of a zip. e.g. SuperSu.zip (I do manage to root Android with the original Chainfire’s SuperSu zip but it’s quite unreliable I’ve had to install it a couple of time).

n.b. do a whole EMMC backup first 😉

Francesco
    Participant

Does it work also to re-flas Android only?

The procedure is the same for i15-TL?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the detailed guide, it seems very helpful. I am a complete newbie when it comes to installing Android, so I would appreciate any comments and help. The windows on my tablet works perfectly, I have already stored my Windows Product key using ProduKey in case I have to reinstall windows. But after the anniversary Windows updates, I am unable to boot into Android. I have tried the Android recovery but nothing really happens I see the green android lying on its back and then I pushed a few buttons and saw some options, unfortunately none of it helped.

Can anyone confirm that if I can use the guide and skip step 4 (ie, Windows installation as it is working perfectly)? Thanks in advance!!

Zakie Lutfi
    Participant

Cause something, I have to reinstall windows, the guide is work. Thank you very much, but the touch screen does not work.
    On android no problem.
    What should I do? Please help.

I’m using i15-TL.

Walter Flores
    Participant

this tutorial work in the version I15T only windows system?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar