Cube iwork10 Stylus options and functions

Cube iwork10 Stylus options and functions

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Cube iwork10 Stylus options and functions

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Karsten Fischer
    Participant

Looks a lot like that one:

http://www.amazon.de/TrekStor-Active-Stylus-1-schwarz/dp/B016WSHLZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458558302&sr=8-1&keywords=trekstor+surftab+duo+w1+stylus

from Amazon Germany – and according to the reviews you are better off without it

RDF
    Participant

GeekBuying has the genuine active pen for the iWork 10 Ultimate listed: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Original-Cube-CEP02-Active-Stylus-Pen-for-Cube-iWork10-Flagship-Tablet—Black-364168.html

Since Chris’ photo confirmed that it uses the Goodix GT9110 controller which is the same one used on the x16 pro, I believe you can use the x16 stylus which is much cheaper.

http://m.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_252590.html

Trygve
    Participant

Chris do you have this stylus ?

Piet
    Participant

Hi all, I’m also interested in this tablet, waiting for some reviews to see how well the stylus preforms. Found a youtube video of the teclast x16 stylus working in both windows and android (android does seem to lag a bit). https://youtu.be/tr8WTeajCRw  Hope the cube’s stylus works same or better.

Alex
    Participant

Since Chris’ photo confirmed that it uses the Goodix GT9110 controller which is the same one used on the x16 pro, I believe you can use the x16 stylus which is much cheaper. http://m.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_252590.html

See this thread:

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/cube-iwork-10-new-version-questions/page/2/

The Teclast stylus doesn’t work unfortunately, the chip seems to be different.

I’d buy the tablet in a heartbeat if I’d knew it has a functioning stylus…

Matthew Fogle
    Participant

I imagine it’s possible they didn’t include the proper driver to support the stylus yet. Perhaps someone with the x16 can find the driver and try to copy it over?

Lukas Meier
    Participant

Goodix chipset won’t support Wacom stylus.

RDF
    Participant

I imagine it’s possible they didn’t include the proper driver to support the stylus yet. Perhaps someone with the x16 can find the driver and try to copy it over?

From Chris’ photo, it is clear that the iwork 10 uses the same GT9110P controller as the x16 pro which supports a stylus. The GT9110P datasheet shows that it can support 6 different sensor modules (hardware selectable depending on the connection of the Sensor_OPT 1 and Sensor_OPT 2 pins). So my conclusion is that the x16 pro and iwork 10 Ultimate use different panel and sensors so the stylus are not compatible.

murdic
    Participant

It’s a nice enough netbook, quite good build, but I bought this thing for the stylus.  Before the thing was released, they teased Wacom, then there wasn’t Wacom.  They teased 1024 levels of pressure modulation, then 256.  I bought the tablet from gearbest, the keyboard from cube-tablet, the pretend-CEP02 stylus with the clear disc tip like Adonis Jot from them too, now I’ve ordered the new-active-CEP02 stylus from geekbuying, because they’re apparently unable to coordinate simultaneous availability.  Completely unimpressive.  They obviously want to have their own proprietary stylus so that they get a compulsory margin, but I hope the bloody thing works reasonably well, or I won’t be going out of my way for another cube.    Styluses that require batteries aren’t my favourite thing, either.

murdic
    Participant

I’ve bought a Yuandao/Vido W10D from fasttech that’ s been shipped, due very shortly, and I’ve just noticed that fasttech have updated the product page with new pictures of that tablet’s stylus – which looks like the cube CEP02 stylus.    I think I’ll get the Vido before the cube stylus, so it’ll be interesting to see if its stylus is compatible with the cube…

Nemix
    Participant

From Chris’ photo, it is clear that the iwork 10 uses the same GT9110P controller as the x16 pro which supports a stylus. The GT9110P datasheet shows that it can support 6 different sensor modules (hardware selectable depending on the connection of the Sensor_OPT 1 and Sensor_OPT 2 pins). So my conclusion is that the x16 pro and iwork 10 Ultimate use different panel and sensors so the stylus are not compatible.

The question now with those spec sheets and confirmation of the Touch Pen controller is does it support palm rejection, Cube does not seem to advertise palm rejection both on the real official stylus and tablet itself but since the stylus technology is very similar to the  X16 Po would that mean the iWork 10 Ultimate does have palm rejection or no (real official stylus is pretty pricey for something that does not support palm rejection)?

Alex
    Participant

Some people on Chinese boards have the stylus.

I found one relatively detailed review, it’s kind of readable with google translate: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4372816581

As expected, seems like the stylus isn’t too good. But the translation isn’t good enough for me to understand the exact issues. But it might be serviceable.

Whiskey Rebellion
    Participant

Sadly, the Wacom Bamboo Smart Stylus for select windows 2-1 tablets does not work. I received it today, not sure if I’m supposed to enable anything within the tablet. Instructions are not intuitive, put battery in, placed pen to screen, scribbled around, nothing, loaded one note and bamboo paper app, Still Nothing! Just as dead as the Dell.

I will now buy the stylus being offered by GeekBuying and hope for the best. I’ll report back if somebody doesn’t beat me to it. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jake
    Participant

This is an official stylus advertized in china, it is 255 level passive  active stylus.

Bad news, it’s out of stock in china also.

Thanks dlink377 :))

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dlink377
    Participant

This is an official stylus advertized in china, it is 255 level passive stylus. Bad news, it’s out of stock in china also.

It should be active stylus, since it uses AAA battery to operate.

From what I read on Taobao, few users have some problem with the tracking, not really sure what is the problem, but one thing for sure, it is not worth it the price and the performance.

I will hold off the pen for a moment, until it collect enough good review. It is a bit expensive for a cheap tablet like this.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar