Dirty glass?

Dirty glass?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Dirty glass?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tidus
    Participant

So I picked up a Cube i9 in the recent sale at Gearbest. I’ve removed the (two!) screen protectors and wiped the screen with a fine, soft cloth. The glass seems ‘dirty’, its very hard to photograph and explain, the definition of text and objects are fine, but large blocks of continuous color (e.g. web broswer, text editor etc) do not seem clear – it is like the glass has a fine oily film over the whole screen.

Am I the only one?

Pigman Rocker
    Participant

i dont seem to have that problem. im sorry to say it might just be you

TWICE
    Participant

Have you tried removing the patch with alcohol wipes?(it usually comes with tempered glass screen protector if you purchase any for your phone)

Tidus
    Participant

Have you tried removing the patch with alcohol wipes?(it usually comes with tempered glass screen protector if you purchase any for your phone)

Its not so much a patch, it is all over the screen, really it could just be me being picky as I am looking quite close up and used to much brighter screens which I guess may hide such issues – I have a Teclast x98 plus, have had a Surface 2 (RT), Nexus 9, Nexus 7 (2012).

I will try using a pro camera to see if I can capture it.

I’ve also noticed that the enhanced bios on xda formus sets the panel colour depth to 24-bit and disables the intel backlighting control so I may try making this same settings for comparison.

B Liu
    Participant

I am having the same problem..

Check out this link: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Cube-i9-Tablet-Windows-10-and-Core-m3-Review.167485.0.html

I wish I knew about this grainy screen before I bought it. I am really disappointed with this.

Could any suggest a fix? I heard it involves removing a film at the back of the glass ..

Anonymous
    Inactive

So I picked up a Cube i9 in the recent sale at Gearbest. I’ve removed the (two!) screen protectors and wiped the screen with a fine, soft cloth. The glass seems ‘dirty’, its very hard to photograph and explain, the definition of text and objects are fine, but large blocks of continuous color (e.g. web broswer, text editor etc) do not seem clear – it is like the glass has a fine oily film over the whole screen. Am I the only one?

It surely does not have 2 screen protectors…it’s just that the upper side of the – plastic > scratchable – screen protector is also covered with a thin film, to prevent scratching the actual protector surface before the tablet makes it to the consumer.

I you have ever bought a screen protector you must have noticed that it is “protected” itself on both sides, to facilitate successful application.
    – the “adhesive” side is covered, of course, to safeguard its qualities
    – the other side is also covered to prevent scratches during the application of the screen protector (pushing with a card against it).

Tidus
    Participant

So I picked up a Cube i9 in the recent sale at Gearbest. I’ve removed the (two!) screen protectors and wiped the screen with a fine, soft cloth. The glass seems ‘dirty’, its very hard to photograph and explain, the definition of text and objects are fine, but large blocks of continuous color (e.g. web broswer, text editor etc) do not seem clear – it is like the glass has a fine oily film over the whole screen. Am I the only one?

It surely does not have 2 screen protectors…it’s just that the upper side of the – plastic > scratchable – screen protector is also covered with a thin film, to prevent scratching the actual protector surface before the tablet makes it to the consumer. I you have ever bought a screen protector you must have noticed that it is “protected” itself on both sides, to facilitate successful application. – the “adhesive” side is covered, of course, to safeguard its qualities – the other side is also covered to prevent scratches during the application of the screen protector (pushing with a card against it).

I didn’t buy a standalone screen protector, though I have bought them for other devices, both glass and plastic types. The cube i9 definitely shipped with two plastic covers stuck to the top of the glass. On both, one side was sticky and the other was not. If i could be bothered I’d take a photo of them side by side, but I don’t know what we’d really achieve!

I am having the same problem.. Check out this link: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Cube-i9-Tablet-Windows-10-and-Core-m3-Review.167485.0.html I wish I knew about this grainy screen before I bought it. I am really disappointed with this. Could any suggest a fix? I heard it involves removing a film at the back of the glass ..

I think grainy is probably a better description of what I’m seeing. If you hear about a fix from another source, please let me know!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar