Ezpad 5s Dual Boot

Ezpad 5s Dual Boot

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZPad series Ezpad 5s Dual Boot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m waiting for my Jumper Ezpad 5s Flagship. Until it arrives, I’m looking for a procedure for installing a secondary os. I found on aliexpress an “original Jumper ezpad 5s” (see item/2016-hot-sale-original-EZpad-5S-dual-system-11-6-inches-1920×1080-Quad-core-System) having Remix and Win 10 as dual os-es. Is that possible to install alongside windows on the flagship ezpad 5s also the remix 2.0 ?
    Note: the only difference in hardware between flagship and original ezpad 5s consists in the ram installed.

Mike
    Participant

Again on remix dual boot. There are two clues I found: a) on mobiletechasia.com specifying “Windows 10 (Remix OS unconfirmed)” regarding the OS installed on Jumper Ezpad 5s Flagship and, b) seems that in bios could be seen that the tablet is ready for Android (these functions are disabled) but so too perhaps Remix OS! (cited from a web page).
    I imagine that if I can enable in bios that function, then create a new partition on emmc shrinking Win10, then I could use a flash stick to install remix as secondary os on the rest of memoory. Is that feasible ?
    So, could someone (from Jumper perhaps) tell if this tablet could run Remix (or another linux os) as dual system ?

Thanks.

enfxuevsi
    Participant

Been looking into this also. Best I’ve found so far is a Chinese link to some images (install.wim and winre.wim) for the 5S. Also, a bios file. Probably what the tablet comes with as standard (jumper8S16xV1.MABDEBA02.bin). (It is the same, checked my tablets bios against this).

Furthermore there seems to be a bios flashing tool which uses an image of WINPE and some seperate scripts and tools that will run from the same USB as WINPE when booted from on the tablet.

That’s about as far as I’ve gotten. I had a brief look through the scripts. From a quick look, I’d say you boot into WINPE with these scripts and tools on the WINPE USB, it then maps the hard drive, does some stuff, installs the windows image from install.wim, moves the WINRE to a recovery partition, flashes the bios and (potentially) sets up dualboot, I assume at least from looking into the files named in the script, which appear to modify bios settings for single or dualboot based on the script settings.

However there’s no sign of an android rom here, so they’re possibly test images/files or factory files for preparing the tablets. May look into this further over the next few days.

Mike
    Participant

Hello,

I just received my EzPad 5S yesterday, after more than 6 weeks (purchased from gearbest). I installed Remix 2.0 OS for PC Beta Version, on a second partition made shrinking the emmc memory, following the instructions provided by remix team. Is working, without sound and wifi (where to find the drivers for android ?).

Regarding the  tablet: stopped to work a few times, I do not know the reason. The Usb 3 port is not working with some of the sticks 3.0, but is working with usb sticks 2.0 !

BTW, the bios is older one, maybe copied from another brand (?) uncleaned (the windows version specified 8.1) and with a lot of params inside that are blocked or not working !

Mike
    Participant

OK, I installed on a second partition  Remix OS for PC (original release as well the hacked version) and also Phoenix OS. I was NOT able to:

1. use wifi
    2. use sound
    3. connect my tv/monitor with hdmi (seems a common problem with linuxes)
    4. use touch screen

Is not possible also to boot from usb – that means, no linux flavor could be installed. Because the touch screen is not working, it is not possible to use it in dual boot as tablet (you should have as default win 10 and no menu to choose from…) – if no keyboard or mouse when boot !

I run internet using a usb-ethernet cable.

I had problems with the sound and microphone in win 10, solved by installing and removing the drivers many  times…

This is first tablet, so no idea if is good one or not comparing with other brands…

Daniele
    Participant

enfxuevsi could you please post the link to the chinese website?

Daniele
    Participant

@enfxuevsi i forgot to tag

enfxuevsi
    Participant
    Daniele
    Participant

Thank you!!! you just saved my ezpad 5s!!! i couldn’t find any working driver for the touchscreen but thanks to you i found a working one!

jakkarin s
    Participant

How to download?

goopy
    Participant

You’re welcome to it! http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=1276610098#category/type=0

Greetings enfxuevsi. Many thanks for posting the baidupan link.

Appreciate if you could kindly share with us the website where the links was found.

Many thanks and best regards,

enfxuevsi
    Participant

The baidu link was found in a driver download on the chinese version of the ezpad website. I can’t recall the device the driver download was for I’m afraid. The 5s perhaps if that was on there, it was a long while ago.

goopy
    Participant

Thanks for the kind reply, enfxuevsi.

Couldn’t find anything in this website. Only old stuff. Are you referring to a different site?

http://www.jumper.com.cn/download.php?

Meanwhile, read some chatters about QQ support group 371848092. How does one get access to this?

Many thanks and best regards,

ahlidap
    Participant

Is not possible also to boot from usb – that means, no linux flavor could be installed.  

Definitely  not true.
    I received my 5S today, and booted the Linux Mint 18 from usb without any trouble at my very first attempt.

I do confirm, no touch, sound or wifi. Haven’t tried second monitor but I doubt it will work also due to lack of drivers .

I’ve created a topic where I will be posting and updating my attempt to put a Linux on this machine.

Noppakorn Rumrattana
    Participant

Hi, have any updates of RemixOS? Have anyone can use wifi, touch screen, sound, hdmi until now? please share or dicussion. thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar