EZpad 5se

EZpad 5se

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    David Feig
    Participant

Just some thoughts on the new EZpad 5se I just got from gearbest.com

1) Device Speed–So far pretty slow–starting a program and waiting for it to load is noticeably slow compared to my desktop computer. But my desktop is a core i7-skylake 6700k with 16 gig of ram and an ssd drive. Its going to be a lot faster than a cherry trail atom with 4 gig of ram
    2) Quality–build quality actually looks really good. Feels solid in the hand. Built in stand also feels solid.
    3) Touch screen–using finger for capacitive touch seems ok. Wacom stylus pen input also seems ok and seems to work well. They did pre-install a screen protector which scan get scratched from using a wacom pen though…so need to be careful with the amount of pressure on the stylus. I think I have a samsung with a rubber tip which might not scratch up the screen protector.
    4) Screen brightness–at 100% brightness it is very bright.
    5) Speakers are NOT loud. At max volume they are still pretty quiet, even on headpones.
    6) I have a 128 gig micro sd card in the slot now, it sits flush. No problems.
    7) I did plug in a usb 3.0 hard drive and it did work.

8) at least on the version from gear best I do not see any android builds loaded

I’m a bit concerned about the device–It seems pretty slow. I also got the wrong size keyboard so I’ll have to wait for that to arrive before I can offer too many more opinions. I do worry the CPU is way underpowered–or they underclocked it for thermal reasons and the performance is taking a hit.

I only paid $168 before tax so this was cheap….but when buying from china..returns are usually not an option…right now I wish I had….gotten something else.

goopy
    Participant

Greetings David.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the 5se.

Does it have over heating issue? Especially with the DC charger plugged in?

Many thanks and best regards,

David Feig
    Participant

I got the DC charger yesterday–I will see 1) if it works  2) how much faster it chargers than the micro-usb port 3) then I’ll see if it gets too hot

Heat does not seem to be a major issue yet.  Although I am curious about battery life—4 -5 hrs is the initial report from battery bar pro which would be pretty poor…

David Feig
    Participant

I forgot to mention one thing, I got this from Gearbest. It was advertised as being dual boot with windows 10 and android

I cannot locate any android on this device…so I am not sure if this is accurate.  If dual android boot is important for you, then I would beware.

Also I tried a samsung microsd card, evo + 256 gig and it did read the card fine.

David Feig
    Participant

Another important point

Performance of the device is much better if you turn off the power saving on the intel graphics chip. But, the battery life on the tablet is not so great.  So far its about 4 hrs.  If you plug in a usb hub to connect a keyboard and mouse, its even worse.  I’ll keep experimenting but doubtful this is going to get 6 hrs max.

Now it does have microusb port, but I doubt you can charge it fast enough while using to keep using it…I guess you need to top off when not using.  It does seem to charge faster with a adaptive fast charger from samsung than any old micro-usb charger.  But…the dc charger I ordered was the wrong type. Oops.  Still looking for right charger.

Given poor battery life and poor performance, even with the wacom stylus support, I’m not loving this tablet so far. Even if it was cheap pretty cheap.

David Feig
    Participant

After talking to gearbest–or at least trying to–they must be using google translate to communicate–its easier to just keep the damn thing

I am hoping it will be easier to use with a dc charger.  The dc plug is in very small needs a 5a 3v charger–does anyone know one that works? I ordered one from amazon but the plug to the unit was too big…so I goofed up. The actual plug is very tiny…but I’m not sure how to classify it.

since the keyboard cover is cheap ordered one from everbuying.  But seriously, my last chinese tablet.  Between this and the cube 7 stylus, its not worth it.

Nicolas
    Participant

Hello all, sorry for my poor English, i’m french

I received my 5SE yesterday.

I saw in BIOS that the ram frequency is set to 1066 Mhz. I changed it to 1600 but Windows task manager or cpu-z still show a ram frequency at 1066.

Any idea why the frequency don’t change ?

yoto
    Participant

Hello all , i get the ezpad 5SE 3 day ago , the things i notice so far is the battery life is really poor , if i leave the tablet in sleep mode the battery continues to drain as fast as when im watching youtube witch is odd , also after an windows update my touch screen stopped working i have tried several drivers and fixes from here but the best i could do is make it work messy , like put one finger and it reads 4-5 fingers. Im still working to fix and im open to suggestions 🙂
    Also i did test few games i have to same im impressed with it , key board and mouse and i mage to get 20-30 fps in eve online , 20 fps in world of warcraft and 20 fps in diablo 3 im really happy with it ^_^

Franzli
    Participant

Wow, there’s a bit of a spectrum of opinions it seems. Mainly interested in the device as it seems to be among the cheapest China tablets offering a decent stylus experience. I found it a bit hard to get clear info, but so the 5SE does indeed have a wacom digitizer (as opposed to the 256 level “active styli” that many other tablets have)? That would be useful to know because I’m between this and the Chuwi Hi10 Pro for me, and the latter seems to have some issues with the pen.

David Feig
    Participant

After many weeks I finally got the keyboard cover for the Jumper EZpad 5Se

The overall experience is still awful.  The cover doesn’t fit well, the magnets are weak I guess–so the keyboard doesn’t stay on very well.

The angle for typing is so so.  The keys have decent size but are spaced close together so its not great to type.

Overall this tablet is pretty awful.  My main points

1. Performance is very poor.  It just is very sluggish
    2. Despite being sluggish, battery life is awful. 4.5 hours max, even with screen brightness at 0%.  I think they put in a small battery given the size.
    3. The pre-attached screen protector scratches easily when using the included wacom stylus.
    4. Charging is slow on the micro-usb port.  I have not been able to locate a dc charger that fits so far.
    5. Screen is…not great either.
    6. The wacom stylus and screen are inconsistent in experience. Some lag I think due to slow processor.
    7. Built quality is ok…but the keyboard is ill-fitting and not the standard of the tablet.
    8. Terrible speakers.  But oddly, even using the headphone port is still very weak.

Overall this is very poor. I guess I would be more forgiving if the battery life was passable, but it is very very bad.

Asus just released their new tablet–the transformer mini  t102ha which seems vastly better so far–although here in the USA it is quite a bit more expensive..

1. better screen–really bright even at low levels
    2. included keyboard and pen
    3. better performance
    4. VASTLY better battery.  This is listed as 11 hours and the actual run time is very close. I’ve been extremely impressed with battery life so far.
    5. 801ac wireless instead of just 801n with the jumper tablet
    6. fingerprint sensor
    7. LOUD speakers

So far I am happy with the transformer. I wish the keyboard was a tiny bit bigger, but I do think I will get used to it. And its all included!

<h1 id=”title” class=”a-size-large a-spacing-none”></h1>

Tmon
    Participant

Thanks for your thoughts on the Ezpad David, was thinking of getting one but decided not to now.

khanh
    Participant

Had the Ezpad for a few days now so I will write some of my own impression:

• The first thing I recommend would be buying a quality charger (it only come with an USB cord) and only charge when the tablet is off. This thing get HOT when you use while charging. The back of the tablet is plastic and I haven’t noticed it before but the hottest part on the tablet back seem to be (very slightly) swelled. I was worried the battery swell too soon, but it’s the only part that get hot on the back of the tablet so it should be where  CPU is placed. I’m still treating it with caution, using a Samsung charger and only charge the tablet off and away from me.
    • Pen experience is standard Wacom, good accuracy and nice palm rejection. The included pen is horrid though so I recommend buying an S-pen that fit perfectly in the type cover pen loop.
    • The typecover is okay-ish. I’m no extensive typist  but it’s nice to have it protecting the tablet and have something to type on when I need to. It was included in my purchase and much cheaper than teclast  so I don’t have much expectation for it other than the very basic. It’s nice that the keyboard have a touchpad disabling button too. The touchpad is only single touch and is not very sensitive.
    •   The tablet is definitely sluggish. It doesn’t feel better than my Asus vivotab note with last gen Atom and 2 GB of RAM. The processor is almost always at 90% load with just art program and 2 tab of Edge open. I heard the RAM speed is 1066 instead of 1600. I have a feeling Jumper purpose throttled the processor to reduce heat to make up for the flawed themal design that caused the heat problem mentioned above. I’m no power user and I follow the “if it is not broke don’t fix it” motto, so I won’t be tampering with the bios to make it faster.
    • Speaker is awfully tiny, I can’t even hear coherent words when character whispering in movie, even at highest volume. Again not a deal breaker because I buy this thing to draw and can always use my phone for music.

For me this tablet is ok: convenient design with kickstand and cover with pen  loop, great Wacom calibration, so-so battery life but okay for me. It’s a good companion device for drawing and it’s what I buy it for.

Franzli
    Participant

Thanks for sharing your impressions!

I thought I read that the EZPad had an aluminium casing? I just checked on the Gearbest page it just says something about a “metal bracket”, which may just be the kickstand?

I’m pretty sure that the 5S was reported to have an aluminium casing that weidrly enough looked like plastic. Maybe they changed that to actual plastic when bringing out the 5SE?

nicolas poupinet
    Participant

My review of this Ezpad 5se is in french, but you should be interested: http://www.tablette-chinoise.net/jumper-ezpad-5se-mes-tests/

https://actiftech.com

khanh
    Participant

The kickstand is metal, but the rest of the tablet back is plastic. This plastic is not that hard either, it feel cheap and I can push it  a bit.

Oh and before anyone feel alarmed, the bump on the back of the tablet is very slight, like 0.5 mm slight, and I only notice it because I was smoothing my hand on it over and over. I wasn’t even sure if it’s there from the beginning or not. It’s only in 1/8 area of the back where it’s surrounded by ports and power+volume button so that is most likely where the CPU and other chip is placed. As I said the plastic back is quite malleable so the heat may have cause heatsink to expand and press into the plastic.

Update: Just saw the tear down image in Nicolas’s review. The motherboard take up the whole half of the tablet on the side of USB 3.0 and power jack, and the part I mentioned to have a bump is exactly the themal pad on top of the processor. The part where battery is placed is totally cool to the touch so there is nothing to worry about at all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar