Flashing original cube bios

Flashing original cube bios

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Flashing original cube bios

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

Great will try to flash my tab sometime over the weekend.  The issues I’ve had with the modded bios is that the tablet won’t boot into remix os as it can’t seem to find it.  I’ve also not been able to get any emulators working since flashing it.  I’ve also treid Phoenix os (the touchscreen doesn’t work)  I also tried the new remix based on android 6, this actually installed but the touchscreen doesn’t work so without a mouse it’s not useable!  Lastly the modded bios is slower, the tab takes longer to boot and it just doesn’t feel as fluid as it did with the stock rom.  I also re-ran geekbench 3 and the results were less than they were with the stock rom so lots of reasons to want to get back to stock!

Rob
    Participant

Well I attempted to flash my tablet, I downloaded both the modified and standard bios files.  I then extracted the modded one and renamed the original file bios.bin and replaced the modded bin file with the renamed original.  When I attempted the to flash I got the following error messages:

‘devcon’ and ‘ftpw’ is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.  Any ideas what else I can try???

hamayan
    Participant

Hmm, did you accidently put the flash.cmd file to the ‘bin’ directory? If so, you must move and run it from the upper directory. The script looks for the necessary files in the ‘bin’ subfolder.

Also make sure you’re running it as administrator.

Rob
    Participant

Panic over, it’s flashed just fine now. Installed the new remix 3.0 on it and all running fine except for the fact that the beta version was much better! Still no audio in remix but the screen now switches off when you close the keyboard like it does in Windows, curiously though when you open it back up it’s in Windows, which means rebooting to go back to remix!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar