FYI : How to change Screen Resolution in Android (ROOT Required)

FYI : How to change Screen Resolution in Android (ROOT Required)

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion FYI : How to change Screen Resolution in Android (ROOT Required)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Syed M. Aahab
    Participant

Hello everyone, so here’s a quick and painless way of changing screen resolution on Android on the fly.

Here’s a link to the app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nomone.resolution_changer&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dresolution+changer+android&pcampaignid=APPU_1_2dMXVv61Lsy0Uarnv4gC

All credits go to Nomone for this. I’m just sharing it here as with high-res tablets coming left and right and usually providing a less than smoothest experience in Android Gaming, one can simply lower the resolution before hand (just like in Windows/Desktop Linux) to get smoother gameplay.

Also remember to lower your DPI appropriately, here’s the formula to calculate native DPI (equal to the PPI) at any resolution

DPI=[{√(width² + height²)}÷Screen size in inches

e.g. at 1080p resolution a 10.1″ screen would have native DPI=[{√(1080²+1920²)}÷10.1]= 218 DPI

Some android games provide the ability to scale resolution within the game (like GTA San Andreas) but they are the exceptions and not the rule.

The app only requires ROOT access, other than that it should work just fine on most Android devices (this also obviously works on Android phones e.g. you could lower the 2k resolution of an LG G4 to 1080p or 720p for better frames per second).

Regardless, make sure to make a nandroid backup or otherwise backup your Android Partition so that you could revert back in case you get a black screen (which happens when your OEM has gone out of its way to mess up resolution changing which itself is a native Android function).

Cheers.

Henmaker
    Participant

Thanks, this one help!

TEKNOCORSE
    Participant

Thanks you so much !

bminhas11
    Participant

Hi. I have a Amazon Fire Tablet and I really want an resolution like Ipad and smooth games, no lag. is it possible let me know!

bminhas11
    Participant

Also, how do I root my device?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar