GearBest.com user reviews

GearBest.com user reviews

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

I used Gearbest.com as a trial run to source tablets for a little cheaper. They have some good sales and offer coupons and have a points system that
    you can use for discount against new purchases.

My GearBest review 1st order:

I ordered a Teclast X98 AIr 3G 64GB Model. PostNL shipping to Spain.

Order placed on the 15th
    17th June, shipped (Photo of the packet sent to me. Never had that before!)
    24th Arrived into Netherlands
    27th Left for Spain
    29th Pick up.

12 days from China to Spain via PostNL free shipping. Not bad, not bad at all. Overall good service, but I wish it was more protected with a little more bubble wrapping.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Gideon
    Participant

My GearBest order review:

I ordered a Teclast X98 AIr 3G 64GB Model on July the 5th to be send to the Netherlands. Requested PostNL shipping, since but got Sweden Posten. This probably has to due with taxes. Unfortunate, cause PostNL is probably faster and provides better tracking.

5th July, Order placed
    8th July, shipped (Photo of the packet was provided)
    21th July, arrived at the international terminal in Malmo
    24th July, arrived into Netherlands

Unfortunately I missed the delivery guy, so I’ll have to pick it up tomorrow.

I used two android apps to track the package, but the updates were not very frequent nor clear. A recent order from Amazon US, and some Dutch orders gave a bit better tracking.

Alex
    Participant

I recently tried to buy a Chuwi Vi10 Pro from GearBest, but i am canceling my order because of their sketch “verification” process. They want me to send them photos of my state id and bank card, which is something i am not going to do. Hopefully my order is canceled and i dont have to go through my bank to get my money back.

http://www.gearbest.com/about/verify-payment.html

Chris G
    Keymaster

I had the same issue and I told them I was not giving it to them as I paid via PayPal. I got a reply the next day and they apologised to me and the order went through. It’s stupid how they do this, I understand if it was a huge $1000 plus first time order on a credit card that didn’t match the country it was being shipped to, but I used paypal! Did you use PayPal or a Credit Card?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Alex
    Participant

I used a credit card. I got an email today saying that my order is canceled, but it will take 15-30(!) days for my money to be refunded. Hopefully it is on the short end of that so i can buy one from Aliexpress soon (though i will have to find a seller that ships to po boxes, shouldn’t be too hard.)

Alex
    Participant

They did not return my money, instead they kept it and said that they returned it. Ill now have to contact Visa about this.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Really? Wow, thanks not good. Did you wait 3-5 working days to get the CC refund, it takes about that long for me to get mine from AliExpress when I cancel and get refunded.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Alex
    Participant

Yes. I noticed that the charge went from pending to paid about 2 days after my previous posts. I sent a support ticket and they replied in broken Google translate english that according to their side, I was refunded. Hopefully I can get my money, $200 isn’t exactly chump change.

Chris G
    Keymaster

@ppcg4mac No it’s not, let us know how you get on, maybe GB is one to avoid if you plan on using a creditcard. I had no issues, but I used PayPal.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Alex
    Participant

I just need to go to my bank and talk to them, considering that they are a smallish credit union, it should be mostly painless.

Alex
    Participant

Just had requests for the same kind of sketchy info from aliexpress when I tried to buy a tablet there. Either its the PO box mailing address that is making this happen, or all these sites want photos of your ID and bank card. Needless to say, I’m not getting a tablet now.

CH
    Participant

My “review”, ordering a Chuwi Hi8 – I managed to snag one for the bargain price of just USD $69.89. Price seemed to change back and forth from the more regular $92.xx  but there was some kind of deal on around that time. I was expecting them to just cancel it actually since I seemed to get lucky with the webpage. Maybe I paid the USD equivalent of AUD $92.xx somehow.

2/9 Ordered

7/9 Email sent saying it had been sent

22/9 Received in Australia

So 20 days which is fairly reasonable. It had a very basic tracking that only showed something when it appeared in Australia 3 or 4 days before it arrived and it’s still showing as at that location even though I picked it up 2 days ago.

Unit was all in original Chuwi box plastic sealed as new. Outer packing was minimal (a slightly padded bag) but was in perfect condition. Unit came pre-installed with Windows 10 (stickers/printing on box was updated too). Haven’t really looked at Android side yet apart from booting it. Umpteen partitions like previous units too. I fail to see the need for that.

One “complaint” with the device (so not really Gearbest) I have is the 802.11n card now seems to be an SDIO interface Broadcom device whereas older ones judging by driver packs have seemed to be Realtek devices (also SDIO). I’m trying to use it to stream some media (too slow to transcode) and using the inbuilt interface results in very poor performance when sending to another device. It can receive fine. Plugging in a Realtek USB unit and the problem just goes away. So a little annoying as I’d prefer to not have to use a second interface which means an external hub / cable to charge and use OTG. Whether the Realtek internal units would have had the same issue I’m not sure. It could be the SDIO interface itself but it’s fine receiving so presume it can handle the data rate no problem. We’re only taking around 4-5Mbit/s

Also the driver that came with it didn’t support Hosted Networks. I removed the driver and replaced with the one in the Double Driver pack and it now works albeit with the problem which was there with the original driver I’m pretty sure. I wanted the Hosted Network interface to run it as an AP so the old driver was no good anyway.

arnold fester
    Participant

Sept 4: Ordered a Teclast X98 Air Win10-Android 3G to be shipped to the U.S.<span style=”font-size: xx-large;”> </span>Sept 10: Cust. Support said was delayed because of upgrade of software (Win8.1 to Win10?). They said I could receive a credit to my account or change the order. Sept 12: Changed the order to an X98 Pro and paid an extra $62 via Paypal. Sept 23: I know this is a pre-sale item, but still no word on shipment. Has anyone else ordered an X98 Pro within this timeframe and received shipment yet?

Liam
    Participant

Check out the forum post here:

http://techtablets.com/forums/topic/x98pro-dualos-shipped/

A couple of us, including myself, complaining about GearBest not shipping out the X98 Pro’s.

arnold fester
    Participant

Based on others not receiving their x98 Pros from Gearbest, I cancelled my order today (Sept 27) and requested a Paypal refund. Within 2 hours, Gearbest replied they had posted the refund, and Paypal acknowledged receipt of it. This changed my perception of the company as one I’d do business with again. Yes, they may have sold an out-of-stock or soon-to-be-in-stock item, but they were also very prompt to grant the refunds.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 160 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar