GearBest.com user reviews

GearBest.com user reviews

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    Điền Thanh Phan
    Participant

Guess I’m lucky, I got my chuwi hi8 pro after one week of shipping from Gearbest (china warehouse + expedited shipping + insurrance). Their CS is fine but I don’t like how they just copy paste the answers (some are long and too much unneccesary info).

Xuen
    Participant

Anyone have any experience with GearBest having sent the wrong item?

I ordered an iWork11 64bit according to the listing and got a 32bit.

Ordered May 29th

Arrived June 2, find out it’s the 32bit system.

Paid through PayPal currently trying to get it all resolved.

If anyone can impart some wisdom that would be greatly appreciated

What’s happened so far:

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>[[“From Buyer – Xuen</span>

6/2/2016 19:28 PDT

I ordered the Cube iWork11 hoping for the 64 bit Operating System Model, What was sent to me was the 32 bit Operating system. I would like my item replaced with the correct model.

From Seller – GearBest

6/5/2016 04:01 PDT

Dear Xuen,

Thank you for contacting Gearbest.

We sincerely sorry to hear this about your item.

We would like to work together to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Please review our warranty here:http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html

Therefore we kindly ask you to follow these steps:

1.Please describe the problem with your item in details (what happened and when?) stating your order number.

2.Please tell us what steps you have already taken to solve the issue.

3.Please give us the item code indicated on the outer package.

4.Please send us clear picture or video of the defects in good lighting.

Our e-mail address is [email protected]

We will do our best to help you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards

Catalina

Gearbest Customer Service

http://www.gearbest.com/

From Buyer – Xuen

6/5/2016 10:54 PDT

Order # WWP1605292022453181

Within the same day (Thurs, June 2, 2016) that I recieved the package I immediately opened and checked to see if the device was the correct model. The device I recieved was the wrong model.

Item Code: 157121801

From Seller – GearBest

6/6/2016 03:21 PDT

Dear Xuen ,

Thank you for contacting us. We have received your information.

For this problem , we need to confirm with the supplier and the product department. Please kindly wait two days.

Once we have got the feedback from them, we will resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your cooperation. We will do our best to help you.

Best Regards

xiexiuchun

From Buyer – Xuen

6/7/2016 09:41 PDT

Okay, I will be waiting

From Seller – GearBest

6/7/2016 19:10 PDT

Dear Xuen ,

We would like to extend our apologies for this inconvenience.

Kindly refer to our warranty policy here:http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html

http://www.gearbest.com/about/terms-and-conditions.html

After reviewing your case, please review our possible solutions:

1)Return the item back to us

You can return the item back to us in China as per our terms and conditions indicated in the link above.

Once we receive the item , we can exchange or offer a product refund 253.63USD back to your Paypal account. As long as the item does not exceed the 45 day money back guarantee limit.

2)Keep the item and accept a partial refund on Paypal account.

We can offer a partial refund of your product value which is 100 USD on your paypal account.

3)Resend a replacement (No return)

We can resend you a replacement but we kindly ask you cover partial cost of item and the shipping fee which is 100USD. We will then arrange a shipment and send you an invoice if you choose this option.

Can you please let me know your decision?

If you choose option 3, please close the case.

I am regret to inform you that as you open a case on paypal, so the order status in our system has been blocked, we cannot edit the order information.

Could you close the case and we will apply RMA format to arrange the reshipment as soon as possible?

I look forward hearing from you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards

Catalina

From Buyer – Xuen

6/7/2016 21:29 PDT

I can not close the case until the problem is resolved.

I will go with option 3.

Please send me a PayPal merchandise invoice, after it is paid, update the transaction with the package tracking information.”]]

I’m concerned that they want me to close the case and handle it outside PayPal :/ Sounds fishy.

Option 3 sounded like the best deal to me.

Unless someone’s interested in buying an iWork11 from me at a 100usd discount? (BTW in the U.S)

I’ll change to go with option 2 and try ordering it again.

Anyway again any imparting wisdoms would be appreciated.

Will update

fewt
    Participant

One of my Kindow tablets (which finally arrived the other day) was DOA, and the other was in pretty rough shape with scratches on the screen, bends in the bezel in the corners, etc.  They offered $65 total so far, or for me to ship everything back at my own expense.  This order has been a nightmare all the way around.  Just say no to Gearbest.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What are your opinions about shipping from EU warehouse?
    I am really disappointmen with packaging – I ordered three tablets from EU warehouse – every was bad packed. Only original box with tablet in black bag.
    No protective material.

Xuen
    Participant

@andrej I had the same experience with the LA warehouse but I’ve only ordered once.

@fewt
    Do you have a more reliable tablet source?

Joe Wallace
    Participant

I ordered a cube iwork 10 ultimate, with keyboard and stylus and USB3.0 adapter. Arrived from China to USA in 12 days. Packaged in about 6 layers of bubble wrap in all the original boxes. Everything working great so far. I was worried about gearbest from all the comments, they just had a way better price. Feel bad for all you on here.

xPm
    Participant

Anyone have any experience with GearBest having sent the wrong item?

[…]

I’ve had a similar issue.

I bought a grey voyo a1 plus ultimate.

After a few weeks, they spill the beans: they couldn’t send it and won’t be able to any time soon, so we agreed on a orange voyo a1 plus ultimate with a european plug.

Later, they tell me they can’t send the orange one either because they don’t have a european plug.

We agree on a obook 11 4GB 64GB and they refund me the price difference.

Getting the partial refund wasn’t easy, I had to harass them a bit, but they ended up doing it.

And then, I receive a obook 11… 2GB 32GB…

I don’t blame them for this specific mistake, the package and the laptop case clearly states 4GB 64GB, so I think the problem comes from the manufacturer who put the wrong motherboard during assembly.

Anyway, I contact them again. Same answer you had : please give us the item number, pictures, and so on, which I did.

Then, “we’ll contact you in 2 days”.

They didn’t contact me after 5 days, so I filed a paypal claim. I clearly explained I had no use for a 2GB 32GB laptop and was expecting either an exchange with the correct product, or a full refund.

For the record, the original price paid was $280, the obook 11 4GB was $220, and the obook 11 2GB is currently at $150.

So not only the laptop I have is as useful as a brick to me, it’s worth $70 less than what I paid (after the partial refund).

Today they offered another partial refund. Like I said, and like I’ve told them twice, I’m not interested in a partial refund. But the partial refund they offer is… $20. Yup, they sent me an item worth $70 less, and they think I’ll just forget about it for $20.

Of course, I refused, I’ll let paypal judge. I’ve provided several pictures proving the laptop only has a 32GB mmc and 2GB of ram, as can be seen in windows and in the BIOS. I think I’ve been more than amiable, I accepted a comprise what, 4, 5 times already? Not once have they been able to fulfill their end of the bargain.

Honestly, the few bucks that I might save in the end are not worth it at all. I doubt I’ll try a chinese tablet/laptop again. And I’m definitely not dealing with gearbest again.

Peter
    Participant

I also have problems with GB, ordered Chuwi hi12 from them on June 4th and it still did not get shipped out. It was in stock and i took expedited shiping since i need it fast because i will be going away for couple weeks soon. Looks i will be going without it. The problem is, according to them they have shipped it out and i also got picture of package with my address on it and dhl stickers ( looks legit), but on dhl tracking page there is only: info about shipment recieved, so they only got notified about package but did not recieved the package itself- it should be delivered allready if they would. I am arguing with GB through emails, first i got bunch of  nonsense response emails and now they said it is shipped and that they will refund me expedited shipping cost and i have to update my profile data and check with local post office…. what local post office if it sent through dhl….i took shipping insurance as well but i doubt it can help here, just hope they did not ship it through regular mail if they even shipped it at all. Did anybody had similar experience with them and how did you resolve it. Any sugestion or advice is welcome. This is the first and last time i am using GB; never had any problems using Banggood or any other Chinese company, guess it is better to pay a litle more and be sure that everything is ok. Lesson learned. The hard way!

fewt
    Participant

I also have problems with GB, ordered Chuwi hi12 from them on June 4th and it still did not get shipped out. It was in stock and i took expedited shiping since i need it fast because i will be going away for couple weeks soon. Looks i will be going without it. The problem is, according to them they have shipped it out and i also got picture of package with my address on it and dhl stickers ( looks legit), but on dhl tracking page there is only: info about shipment recieved, so they only got notified about package but did not recieved the package itself- it should be delivered allready if they would. I am arguing with GB through emails, first i got bunch of nonsense response emails and now they said it is shipped and that they will refund me expedited shipping cost and i have to update my profile data and check with local post office…. what local post office if it sent through dhl….i took shipping insurance as well but i doubt it can help here, just hope they did not ship it through regular mail if they even shipped it at all. Did anybody had similar experience with them and how did you resolve it. Any sugestion or advice is welcome. This is the first and last time i am using GB; never had any problems using Banggood or any other Chinese company, guess it is better to pay a litle more and be sure that everything is ok. Lesson learned. The hard way!

I wasn’t able to get them to budge on shipping it 10x slower than it should have; and was only able to get a refund of about 50%, or the cost of one Kindow for the damaged / DOA devices.  Both of which are not usable, as one doesn’t charge completely (I’ve cycled the battery 3 times and nada) and it was delivered scratched and dented, while the other went from working fine to completely dead in about one level of Where’s my Water.  All in all I’m out half my money and I have two “brand new” tablets that are unusable.   I’ve since replaced them with devices I bought locally.  Lesson learned, just say no to Gearbest.

Patrick Bellot
    Participant

Hi guys, you should post your story on many forum, not just this one, as I did !

See http://bellot.asia

Good luck,

Patrick

Peter
    Participant

After a lot of emails and polite angry talks over internet (tickets) it finnaly got shipped yesterday! They still clame it was not their fault but dhl’s…. Checked with dhl in my country, they stated that they only recieved info about shipment not package itself…after that i checked back with GB and told them about it and told them that i would post on every forum,contact buyer protect agencies and go to police (which i would all do) and after that things started moving and package is now on its way.hope everything will be ok and working, wouldnt want to deal again with customer support about warranty and shipping back…Still dont know who to trust (DHL or GB) but i will probably stay away from GB with big purchases like tablets. For small items going out with regular post i guess it should be just fine, same risk as with any chinese company. Hope everybody else get what they ordered!

TWICE
    Participant

I placed an order for the iWork 10 Ultimate Type C 2 days ago with GearBest. Keeping my fingers crossed as the product page stated “dispatch on 21st June”. Will talk to them if it doesn’t shipped tomorrow.

Fred
    Participant

Here is my experience with Gearbest and I am very disappointed for my first order with them.

I ordered a CHUWI VI8PLUS the 11th from EU warehouse and received the tablet the 22nd (yesterday)

And here it is my tablet is DOA !!!! Just not starting, not charging, nothing nothing… it is just black and nothing happens
    Plus it looks a dented on the corner borders

Today I received an answer from GEARBEST and it looks very complicated to return the stuff.

And do not really understand why TECHTABLETS recommends Gearbest.

My advise … forget about them!  :'(

TWICE
    Participant

Item as dispatched 2 days ago, but doesn’t even appear on tracking page and there’s is no picture proof that my iWork 10 Ultimate Type C is shipped. They probably gave me a fake tracking number. Will give them another 24 hours and if the tracking is not updated, i’ll raise a dispute with Paypal.

xPm
    Participant

On a positive note regarding my issue with gearbest (see above, I received a obook 11 2GB 32GB instead of a 4GB 64GB), paypal has ruled in favor of a full refund.

Which changes nothing regarding gearbest: they made several “mistakes”, have been uncooperative the whole time, and played no part in the solution I found. I recommend you stay away from them, because if something goes wrong you’ll waste a lot of time arguing with them, making your case with paypal, etc. I even had to go to the police station, and the whole process took two months (and technically it’s not over, the ruling happened a few minutes ago, I haven’t sent back the item and received the refund yet).

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 160 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar