Geekbuying.com user reviews.

Geekbuying.com user reviews.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Dal
    Participant

I bought a camera on Geekbuying black friday/cyber monday flash deal. After purchasing, I realized that a better version of the camera (has wifi) was also listed on an upcoming flash deal for just $2 more. I contacted their live chat and requested to cancel and refund the first purchase. My request was granted right away, but it was a weekend so they refunded me in full on the following Monday.

Gurung
    Participant

I had ordered Cube i7 Stylus from GeekBuying.com on 17th December 2015 and had received DHL tracking number on 19th December for it. I kept checking DHL website with received tracking number and always found same message of “Shipment information received” for next 5 days. I contacted DHL for it and as per them, they still had to receive item from seller, so I should contact seller. I then contacted GeekBuying.com and here is the series of reply from them:

On 23rd December:

the tracking number is  not correct ,and we are still waiting for the news from the cargo ,hope  you can wait, 

as you known, it is hot season ,it will be delay via DHL “
    On 24th December:
    sorry for the delay  . this is hot season ,there are too many parcels waiting for being shipped from the DHL,hence,there is a little delay ,we have pushed themhope you can wait more days ,apologize again for the delay Hope you can wait more days

On 26th December:

” thx for your waiting ,about the item ,we just got updated news from our warehouse colleague ,

they told us  this batch of items have been detained by HK warehouse sorry for that ,we have contacted the custom and  will try our best to solved this issue hope  you can wait more days
    best wishes Carrie
    As per their website, the item was supposed to be shipped within 2-7 days, but today is 9th day and still no exact date for shipment from Geekbuying.
    So, what do you all think: Should I wait for some more days or proceed for cancellation ? Are they reliable ?
    Thanks
    Gurung
    Participant

Today, I received a mail from GeekBuying Tracking support saying:

thx for your waiting,sorry for the delay ,in order not to keep you <wbr />waiting, would you mind <wbr />changing it to other item ? <wbr />You can tell us a item code <wbr />or a item link, then we can <wbr />check it for you whether it’s <wbr />in stock or not.

We apologize for the <wbr />inconvenience.<u></u><u></u>

We are looking forward to <wbr />your early reply.<u></u><u></u>

Best regards,<u></u><u></u>

Carrie”

Even after 11-days of purchase, they do not have item in stock, very bad seller. So, finally, I have opened PayPal dispute for cancellation of order. The GeekBuying website do not have option to cancel the order. Not going to order any item from it in future.

Stuart
    Participant

Avoid this company at all costs.

I bought an Onda oBook 11 from them, it arrived quickly but within a week developed some major problems –

Power adapter died

USB ports don’t always work.

32bit OS on 64bit hardware.

Internal WIFI stopped working.

I contact GeekBuying about these issues who offered me $25 if i took the laptop to a repair shop, this is when we found out that the power adapter was dead. the guy in the repair shop didn’t charge me anything.

Geekbuying then ask me to find another adapter on ebay, which i did although it took ages to find one with the correct voltage, and amps. the cost of the new adapter was $22. Geek buying said this was too much and they would only refund me $10 even though they said they would refund me $25 to have the laptop repaired in the fist place!!

this still wasn’t addressing the other issues which they ignored.

they then asked me to return the laptop to china even though I paid extra to be able to return the item to spain if there was a problem.

I will never use GeekBuying again.

looking in trustpilot there are alot of bad reviews for this company.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/geekbuying.com

Mahmoud Salah
    Participant

After the much talked about teams pay phone that you purchased now 28 days has not been the arrival of the request to the towns and they want me to wait three months, I advise you not to purchase from this site

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    winston smith
    Participant

Ordered a 8723bs wifi card + a movement sensor for arduino. 3 days later i received an email telling me one of the item was not in stock due to high demand. lol. I then remembered bad reviews of chinese sellers using this tactic of ‘not in stock’ bs, so i immediatly promised a paypal dispute if they would not send the ordered item in the three next days. 3 days later i received a confirmation email and 2 weeks later the wifi card and the arduino sensor. Strangely the 8723bs wifi card was less powerful than my own internal 8723bs wifi card (lenovo yoga 2), despite a 10 cm antemna.

Conclusion : stay away from geekbuying. Their website is a scam, they have nothing in stock and buy when they have an order, probably sometimes refurbished stuff (like repaired defective tablet).

Atomic Tofu
    Participant

I ordered my Teclast x98 Air 3g from them along with a screen protector and case.  The items arrived in a timely manner with everything packed well.  The tablet worked and the case fit the tablet.   The screen protector did not fit the tablet, being too large despite being labeled for the Teclast X98 Air 3g.  Geekbuying issued me a refund for the screen protector.  Would have been better if they not only issued a refund but sent the correct screen protector.  All in all not a bad experience, but due to this I went to a competitor to purchase my next tablet (that is still an ongoing experience and I will tell you guys how that goes – ie, Teclast X98 Plus 3g at Gearbest).

Atomic Tofu
    Participant

So, I thought I’d provide another more recent review on geekbuying for you…not a very positive one

I made a purchase on 06/16/2016….on 06/23/2016 I just write to the asking to cancel the order since they have not shipped it yet.  They responded a day later saying the reason the order wasn’t shipped out was because one item was out of stock.  I then ask them if they could apply a email coupon discount on an item that is in my order I would wait.  They replied today saying that, although the coupon is good from 06/23-07/23 that because I paid in 06/16, they cannot apply the coupon.

So, the order hasn’t shipped because of an out of stock item, and they can’t give me a discount on the un-shipped order…so I just cancelled the order.  Or at least sent the request to cancel.

Evidently geekbuying won’t notify you of an out of stock item creating a delay in shipping that puts your order in a “processing” limbo…unless you inquire about the delay.

Diego Marzorati
    Participant

Beware GB has changed for worse! They lost my phone and only gave me robot answers for months. Luckily Paypal refunded my money. Now they are deleting comments on Facebook (the’ve never done that before). I recomend stay away from them, but if you must buy be sure to use Paypal and if you have trouble go directly with Paypal and ask a refund, don’t waste time with GB. Friends of mine who bought following my recomendation time ago also told me they were having quality issues on phones.

H Pham
    Participant

Removed by poster. Posted in wrong forum.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Atomic Tofu
    Participant

H Pham, you did a banggood review under the geekbuying post…if you can, delete it and paste again under the banggood one

fyi, I will be doing a review for banggood in maybe 1-2 weeks when I think I will receive my items?  Unfortunately for me and banggood, I didn’t order tablets from banggood as I think banggood may be the best chinese “retail” experience for those of us “overseas”.

Diego Marzorati
    Participant

Is GB selling refurbished, grey market phones when shipping from HK? the price seems too low.

FaiRLane
    Participant

I made a purchase on 18 sept. 2016….on 27 sept i got mail from GeekBuying: “Your order #xxxxxxx has been sent out”

Now postNL says: “The item is pre-advised” = Pre-advised means we haven’t received it yet. Is it really send out?

I am now little bit worried about this…

Laura
    Participant

here’s my experience with GeekBuying:

-bought a Chuwi HiBook Pro from their spain warehouse, paid little extra for insurance + possibility to return to spain warehouse instead of china

– they shipped the day after, and tablet came in 4 days (their courier pretty much sucks, it’s MRW and was delivered by FedEx here in italy)

– tablet turned out defective (you can see my thread in the hibook forum), recorded the issues on video and immediately contacted their support asking for return/refund. they didn’t even argue and told me to ship it back to them.

– i shipped it back, a couple hours after they received it they mailed me saying they got the tablet and will issue the refund in the next 1-3 days

– refund came today and it was full refund including the shipment (the original shipment cost, not the return shipment i paid out of my pocket)

all in all they behaved really professionally. nothing to complain about.

Chris G
    Keymaster

here’s my experience with GeekBuying: -bought a Chuwi HiBook Pro from their spain warehouse, paid little extra for insurance + possibility to return to spain warehouse instead of china – they shipped the day after, and tablet came in 4 days (their courier pretty much sucks, it’s MRW and was delivered by FedEx here in italy) – tablet turned out defective (you can see my thread in the hibook forum), recorded the issues on video and immediately contacted their support asking for return/refund. they didn’t even argue and told me to ship it back to them. – i shipped it back, a couple hours after they received it they mailed me saying they got the tablet and will issue the refund in the next 1-3 days – refund came today and it was full refund including the shipment (the original shipment cost, not the return shipment i paid out of my pocket) all in all they behaved really professionally. nothing to complain about.

Good they handled it professionally. I returned a Onda v919 Core M to them I think it was (POS tablet with countless issues) pretty much they same experience. The confirmed they received the returned item, two days later got the refund.

Shame you got a lemon HiBook Pro, such is the risk buying Chinese tablets. It is a lottery. I’ve received a few lemons. Mostly Onda tablets which is why I don’t review them anymore got sick of throwing away cash in junk.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar