Get rid of the menu to choose OS

Get rid of the menu to choose OS

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Get rid of the menu to choose OS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Max Barfuß
    Participant

Hi friends, could someone give me a hint to disable the menu to choose the OS on the start of the Teclast X98 Plus 2..

The reason is I deleted all partitions and installed Win10 on the entire emmc. It works fine but cannot remove the menu

Thx for your help

Max

prije svega splico
    Participant

Hi friends, could someone give me a hint to disable the menu to choose the OS on the start of the Teclast X98 Plus 2.. The reason is I deleted all partitions and installed Win10 on the entire emmc. It works fine but cannot remove the menu Thx for your help Max

Maybe you can try with this free tool:

http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

Andy
    Participant

could someone give me a hint to disable the menu to choose the OS on the start of the Teclast X98 Plus 2

While in the menu, try to deselect the checkbox in the upper left corner of the screen

Max Barfuß
    Participant

Thank you very much the hint with the menu in the upper left corner was the solution for me. Sometimes one cannot see the tree in the wood 🙂

I don´t need it right now but is there a possibility to activate this again too?

Andy
    Participant

I don´t need it right now but is there a possibility to activate this again too?

You will have to use SwitchNOW utility from under Windows

Joel
    Participant

I opened the tablet, and disconnected the battery (unsoldered one of the power wires to the battery).

After reconnecting the battery, the boot menu selection for switching the operating system returned.

Daniel
    Participant

Hey,
    How did you remove all partitions and only install windows?

Max Barfuß
    Participant

Hi Daniel, the short answer is, you can after start the windows installation choose to delete all partitions until you have only unallocated space on the drive. Then you can go on to install windows or to abort to leave the drivespace unallocated.

The long answer is:

I created a bootable Win 10 install USB-Stick. Before that I bought a “active OTG USB-Hub” (Good experience I have with one from Brand “Inateck”. Then you connect the USB-Drive and at least a mouse to the Hub (because you cannot use the touch after install windows, you have to install the driver package for the tablet  first. I found the link to that package here in the forum)

OK, all connected ? Now  start the tablet by pressing and hold more then 10 seconds the power and the volume up key together. Now you are in the BIOS/UEFI. Now you can go in the UEFI to “Boot override” and choose the USB-Stick to boot from.
    The next steps can you see on the top at the short answer.
    Sorry my english is quite poor.
    Hope it works for you

Didi

Daniel
    Participant

Thank you! This helps!
    a follow up question – did you have any problem with activation? do i need to do anything special?

Max Barfuß
    Participant

I suppose you have had an activated Win 10 on it before. If this is the same version then before, Microsoft will recognize and activate it again immediately because MS creates a unique Key based on some of the components of the machine

tohas
    Participant

Hi Max,

did you used win10 home from ms or win10 home from Teclast ?

my question regards to the missing drivers if you installed with win10 from ms

regards from 049

Max Barfuß
    Participant

It is not important what source you use for win 10 installation.Important is to find the teclast driver package for the tablet.Right after Win 10 installation you will have to work with mouse and tastatur until you have installed the driver because you need the driver for the touchscreen too to use the touch

tohas
    Participant

hi max,

thanks for all information.

My last question:

What happens when you press “POWER” and  “-” Key.
    My tablet (still original) shows the recovery menu, where you can toggle between: Normal boot, Restart bootloader, recovery mode, reboot, power off, crash mode..

Is this menu gone?

Max Barfuß
    Participant

I can not try this anymore. I have another tablet now. Sorry

tohas
    Participant

If you don’t mind me asking, whats happend with the old tablet?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar