HI12 updated, wont turn on now.

HI12 updated, wont turn on now.

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum HI12 updated, wont turn on now.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

Hi all, just got my HI12 today. Windows updated and it restarted. Now it wont turn on. Anyone else had this happen?

Jonas Bolin
    Participant

Does the screen dimly light up black but nothing else happens? If thats the case it has happened to mine. I had to connect an usb keyboard and press ctrl-alt-delete to make it snap out of it.

Rene
    Participant

Wow. Loads of issues i’m reading about with these HI12’s!

Matt
    Participant

Its weird, I plugged in a USB keyboard, pressed power on for 10 secs, unplugged KB then single pressed power and Voila! Chuwi start screen came on….. thats worked twice now. I’m clueless whatt this means.

Igor
    Participant

matt, go into the settings and disable all the power savings for monitor. Make sure the screen is set to 100% on battery and power cord. (try connecting it to monitor via hdmi)

Matt
    Participant

Apparently to turn on HI12 requires 3 x 1 sec press, then 10 sec press to turn it on… I had no idea. Guess its a security function so I dont turn it on accidently in my bag.

still doesnt restart properly though. Requires power button after resarting.

Elias Pizarro
    Participant

My tablet arrived yesterday and when i try to turn on the orange led blinks, then doesn’t blink anymore, cant turn on my new tablet. I tried a lot of methods, 3×1 + 10 sec, power + vol up 10 sec, etc…

Any news about this issue.

Regards,

kravmama1
    Participant

Hi10 owners have similar issues. I suspect that it is a Windows 10 issue. It gets stuck in sleep mode and won’t wake up. You need to force reboot or force shut down before it can wake up and function again. The display driver may need to be updated. Here’s a link that talks about the issue across multiple tablets and can explain further how to do a driver update:

http://www.troublefixers.org/windows/fix-windows-10-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-or-turn-on-issue/166/

Matt
    Participant

Now my HI12 battery ran out and it wont charge or show charge light….. Wont turn on either…. Anyone here recovered from a no charge light fault, or should I start a refund ticket?

Doc_152
    Participant

This is exactly what happened to me. I was testing a Ubuntu live usb and was running diagnostics, so i left it on its own to do its thing. When i looked back at it 10-15 minutes later, it had for some reason rebooted into windows with a bluescreen and was just about to restart. It restarted and since then, absolutely nothing. It flashed the charge light for a few minutes, but after i forced a shutdown with the power button a few times, hoping it would cold boot, now it does absolutely nothing. Its hot to the touch so it seemes to be powered on, and doesnt react to the power button. Gonna leave it over night, hopefully it will discharge and wake up. But i dunno, we’ll see…

Matt
    Participant

I left mine on charge o/n and still nothing. Power pack was cold. It powers up USB devices when i press power button, hold for 6 secs and USB powers off. Maybe Win 10 not hardware…? I have no idea how to restore from this state.. 🙁

Rene
    Participant

I know it’s plain stupid that this hi12 is plagued with this error, but I would open up the tablet to measure the voltage of the battery. If it’s too low you could unsolder the leads from the pcb to jumpstart it. (Using a lipo dedicated cc/cv charger) If it measures 0v, there is something wrong with the strip shaped pcb that sits on top of the cells. (This is probably the deep discharge protection). If the battery is empty (3.5-3.7 per cell) it could indicate there is either something wrong with the charge circuit or the cut off circuit that should protect the battery from deep-discharge. The used lithium ion polymer packs loose their capacity when discharged too deep, that’s why this cut off is important.

if the voltage is around 4.2V per cell, it indicates it’s fully charged.

Igor
    Participant

My battery is fully dead. I disconnected it from the charging board and gave it a charge of 3.8V, but when I connect it back, and plug into the wall it drops to 0.00v. I tried connecting a cell phone battery from samsung rated also at 3.87v. the Backlight starts to turn on and flicker by itself. Any ideas or the tablet is fully dead?

Rene
    Participant

One small question Igor; Did you try to charge it during an entire night? I guess so, right?

The phone battery is not up the task; It drops voltage too much when trying to power up that big screen/atom/mainboard 🙂 What did you use to charge it to 3.8V? A lipo battery uses a constant current/constant voltage charging method; it uses a defined maximum current till the batteries voltage reaches 4.2V, when the 4.2V has been reached it uses a constant voltage of 4.2V with the needed current to keep it at 4.2V. When the battery has reached the 4.2V (when the CV takes over from the CC) it has reached over 80% of the capacity. So charging it to 4.2V is more than enough.

I’d say that the small green long PCB that sits on top of the battery is acting up in your case (perhaps it’s using a LVC protection (low voltage cut off)

Sounds like you need to charge the battery using a jump wire, de-solder it from the board, measure the voltage. If possible charge the lipo batteries directly (without anything attached to it) using a combination of this[/url] to determine how many mAh’s you’ve put into that particular cell, and use this for charging it; you just need a multi-meter to determine the positive and negative lead on both the charger and the lipo before connecting. Make sure to charge both batteries to an equal voltage. The voltage on the mainboard, does it measure 3.8V or 7.6V?

Rene
    Participant

I doubt your battery is fully dead, I think your batteries protection circuit is acting up, causing this failure.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar