Is Techtablets going down?

Is Techtablets going down?

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Is Techtablets going down?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    V.
    Participant

The website works extremely slow; i’ve started topics and no one reacts; even sent a private message and no reaction. And the downloadlinks are dead. So i was wondering if Techtablets is going down??

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rob
    Participant

The site has been very slow for sometime, but it seems to have improved again this week.  As for it going ‘down’ I highly doubt it, probably not responding as he is really busy readying his reviews which is a time consuming business so just relax!

Chris G
    Keymaster

Far from it. Overloaded more like it. I’m working with the server tech to see if the speed can be turned on again. Caching was turned off recently due to an issue with people registering and lots and lots of bots hitting the site recently have been slowing it. The firewall is blocking hundreds of hits from bots an hour.

What downloads aren’t working? I just tested 5 random files and they all worked for me. If you get a Google drive error it’s because Drive is limiting downloads that have been hammered recently.

As for PM’s I have about 20-30 emails and PM’s a day from people that are 99% support related. They are just impossible for me to reply to.

“Please tell me how to fix my Onda V919, Windows doesn’t boot and is stuck with error X0884343” etc.

Or the best ones:

“Download the firmware files for the X80 Pro and give them to me”

I do my best to reply to people (non-support related), but I’m not the official support for these tablets, you need to contact the MFG or sellers on Aliexpress, Banggood & tiny deal etc. I don’t work for any of the companies and I’m certainly not paid by them. As as Rob put it I’m also very, very busy.

Post in the forum and maybe other or myself will help out if we can.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Andrew W
    Participant

My favourite tech support is Under Contact – About
    <p class=”gp-comment-meta”>Edward Sweeney <time datetime=”2016-08-26T15:51:20+00:00″>August 26, 2016, 3:51 pm</time></p>

Good, but. Can not connect mobile broadband in USA. Any solutions?
    I like your site. ”

The tech support issue that not only isn’t really relevant… It tells you nothing…

What is this guy using a 3G/4G tablet? Or some wifi hotspot that he doesn’t know how to activate…

User Fail.

Blackburn
    Participant

@teclastlover That’s a bit much, you expect Chris to take hours of his time to fix your issue. He already does so much for the Chinese tablet community. And dude you just posted this half a day ago. Learn some patience and manners while you’re at it.

I’m sure he will get around to it and but like he says, he is not the tech support for these tablets!

Proud supporter of TechTablets via Patreon
    Tablets: Hi12 dual boot & MediaPad M5
    Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Global ROM)
    PC: Dell G3 15 1050 Ti undervolted & repaste
    Desktop PC: AMD Ryzen 1700, 16GB RAM, 512GB 960 Evo, Gigabyte 1060 6GB

Andrew W
    Participant

@Blackburn huh? I’m quoting someone else…

What some people expect is hilarious.

Blackburn
    Participant

Sorry I was replying to V. Seems people think this is some official forum or something for Teclast LOL

Chris G
    Keymaster

Server load is fine:
    Server Load 0.97 (12 cpus)
    Memory Used 12.34 % of 32GB DDR4

Webload times are now good.

pagespeed

@teclastlover
    The server admin has performed some optimizations and now the page loads in 1.5 to 2 seconds. It should be much faster now. We will be monitoring it. What downloads don’t work?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

V.
    Participant

Hi Chris,

The links of Teclast x98 pro W10 dual; but you have uploaded them a few hours ago i saw. So Thx a lot !!

And Thx for replying to my problem ! I think i found the problem; the problem is the “main.cmd” script. In my opinion the W10 from the Teclast dual OS files can’t be installed separately, due the command lines in the script. Although not in an easy way.

The website is loading a bit quicker now. But (here in the Netherlands) still somehow slow; the first pageload takes about 4 seconds; see the test in the attachment.

Chris.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Okay great news.

Yes, I’m still working with the tec to speed things up, be we have more caching enabled it should be a lot better now.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

kaljo
    Participant

Hi,

I’m in the Netherlands too.

Loading this http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/teclast-x98-plus-ii/page/5/#login page took 38.8sec from “Waiting for techtablets.com…” till the message disappeared.

Its no fun surfing techtablets anymore, hope the problem will be solved soon

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, seems like the DNS, or CDN is the issue as it’s super fast in Spain where I am and the tech says it’s fast his end too. I’ve opened a new support ticket and one with CloudFlare the CDN.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Richard Brazeau
    Participant

I know Im still fairly new around here, but based on what Im seeing, I cant help but wonder the same thing, I look through the forums and all I see is really questions, very few answers. I understand Chris (the admin) is busy and cant reply to every single question, but seeing that noone else is trying to answer them as of late, I would think this is more a Questions section. Im trying to help where I can since I have an IT background, but these chinese tablets are a new thing for me so I have to learn how to do it all. Not trying to hijack the thread but providing my POV on it.

Blackburn
    Participant

The forum seems busy enough to me. The problem is all people seem to sign up for is help and it’s all hit and run topics. Get the help they want and disappear (Forever).

All just problems or complain about issues with a tablet. And most of the problems are self inflicted. “Flashing Android failed when I powered off the device, I deleted all the Windows partitions and now Android isn’t there etc” Whom in there right mind wants to spend a few of there time helping someone that fixes their tablet in the end and then runs off to never reply or comment on the forum again.

Selfish posters that want everything and give nothing in return.

Richard Brazeau
    Participant

The forum seems busy enough to me. The problem is all people seem to sign up for is help and it’s all hit and run topics. Get the help they want and disappear (Forever).

All just problems or complain about issues with a tablet. And most of the problems are self inflicted. “Flashing Android failed when I powered off the device, I deleted all the Windows partitions and now Android isn’t there etc” Whom in there right mind wants to spend a few of there time helping someone that fixes their tablet in the end and then runs off to never reply or comment on the forum again.

Selfish posters that want everything and give nothing in return.

I agree, and this is something that all forums face, I intend to stick around as long as I feel like the forum is actually going to be a useful resource for people. I think the useful stuff is beginning to get burried by the questions though, Im tempted to start a Voyo sub-topic with all my useful info and tidbits, I wont say I’m not asking for help myself, but I am at least posting updates on the questions I have posted on, like my UEFI thread, I have not gotten a single response on it, but I am updating it regardless, once I have everything resolved Ill make a sub-forum, post all the info, and possibly even drivers/Voyo OS images if there is a need for that. I will also make it clear what I will and will not help people with, but again, as long as the forum is useful I intend to stay cause it will server a purpose.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar