Iwork10 USB Type C variant?

Iwork10 USB Type C variant?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Iwork10 USB Type C variant?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Update on Gearbest. They offered a $20 refund. Not sure if I am satisfied with that.

Shahmatt
    Participant

Hi all, need some help.

I just purchased the tablet only from Banggood. According to the specs the ports will be as follows:

1 x USB 2.0 <– Would this be a micro USB port?
    1 x Type C port <– Does this replace the micro USB 3.0 port on previous versions?

I would be traveling immediately after receiving the tablet, so I just want to be prepared cable adapter wise. I would like to plug in a mouse and keyboard for use while traveling.

I understand that a type C cable is provided for charging. A charger is also provided but I guess I’ll carry an extra.

I have a micro USB 2.0 to full USB 2.0 port OTG cable. I’ll be using this to plug in a wireless mouse.

I will purchase a USB c to USB 2.0 cable for the keyboard.

Andrew
    Participant

There are 2 USB ports:

1. Micro USB
    2. Type-C USB

USB to Type-C cable and USB charger are included. Unit only charges from Type-C port.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

USB to Type-C cable and USB charger are included. Unit only charges from Type-C port.

There is no charger included… just a cable.

Shahmatt
    Participant

There is no charger included… just a cable.

The Banggood listing has a charger included, but maybe Gear best doesn’t.

Will update once I get the tablet.

It seems that the previous micro USB 3 port version had a faster emmc and DDR3L RAM. The new version, with type C port, has no advantage other than this port. Would this be correct?

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Yes. But the port is no advantage. It has no advantage other that you can flip it in from both side, that’s it. It is also just USB 2.0, not 3.0.

TWICE
    Participant

The only thing the Type C port can be used for is charging. Nothing else. Not even OTG. Tried and tested.

Shahmatt
    Participant

The only thing the Type C port can be used for is charging. Nothing else. Not even OTG. Tried and tested.

Not even thumbdrives?

Also the reported changes to RAM type and storage add to the negatives.

Aurélien Dispenza
    Participant

Hi,

I received an adapter with my Cube (banggood)

TWICE
    Participant

Not even thumbdrives? Also the reported changes to RAM type and storage add to the negatives.

Nope not even thumbdrive. I have a USB C adapter that I use with my MacBook and mi5 and when I connected it to this tablet, it doesn’t read anything.

Shahmatt
    Participant

Nope not even thumbdrive. I have a USB C adapter that I use with my MacBook and mi5 and when I connected it to this tablet, it doesn’t read anything.

That sucks pretty bad. I’m slightly regretting my decision now.

Shahmatt
    Participant

I received the tablet. Going through the preliminaries right now and backing up drivers and such.

I have a question regarding using the tablet with wireless accessories like a keyboard and mouse.

I understand that the WIFi type n reception can suffer if bluetooth stuff are connected. But what about a 2.4GHz Wireless keyboard and mouse? Would the WIFI signal suffer also for these type of accessories?

fjen
    Participant

That is wrong. I can plug usb drives into the type c port using an adapter. Haven’t tested for usb3 speed.

Czaja
    Participant

My first post so ‘Hi’ to everyone.

I received the Cube iWork 10 from Banggood earlier today. It’s the one with the type-C USB port. It’s a really nice and well put together tablet. However, it looks like I have an overheating charger. It got super hot on the first charge and it stopped charging the tablet after less than an hour. It must have shut down due to overheating. It may be even properly busted as after waiting for it to cool down it still doesn’t work. Bugger.

Also, I noticed another slight problem but this is most likely purely cosmetic. It seems like there is something under the screen on the left hand side close to the USB ports. It is not under the screen protector it is under the screen – please see attached picture with the screen protector lifted. It actually looks like the screen was pierced with something very sharp and created a little air bubble around it. I have no idea what that is. It’s just a bit annoying as it looks like a dust particle under badly applied screen protector. Do you have a similar thingy on your tablet or is it just me?

Many thanks for your input.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    TWICE
    Participant

That is wrong. I can plug usb drives into the type c port using an adapter. Haven’t tested for usb3 speed.

Mine doesn’t work. Could be my port being faulty then. I could use the OTG adapter on my Mi5 so the adapter is definitely not faulty.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar