Micro SD Issue

Micro SD Issue

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Micro SD Issue

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Pedro Quaresma
    Participant

I’ve tried the 8.1 driver and now the SD slot shows up in explorer – however, even with a card in the slot, windows asks me to insert a card…

I did notice after the reboot one of the 3 SD controllers shows v6.3 but the other 2 that were uninstalled show up as 10.0 again. Argh.

Riccardo
    Participant

I did notice after the reboot one of the 3 SD controllers shows v6.3 but the other 2 that were uninstalled show up as 10.0 again. Argh.

That happens with my SD controllers too, so I think is normal.

Have you tried the reader with another SD card?

Pedro Quaresma
    Participant

I had to go back to the 10.0 drivers as the 6.3 drivers wouldn’t even let me open explorer when a card was in.

I found an older 1Gb card so the verdict is:

1. Both cards work using an external card reader (connected to the tablet via USB)
    2. The 1Gb card works fine on the internal slot
    3. The 64Gb card that used to work fine, now doesn’t work on the internal slot

The 64Gb card is a Kingston 64 GB UHS Class 1/Class10 microSDXC UHS-I Flash . Maybe I should purchase a “slower” card?!

That happens with my SD controllers too, so I think is normal. Have you tried the reader with another SD card?

BeMoo
    Participant

Was wondering which card-types have the least problems on a type-c model; SD-HC or SD-XC? UHS-I, UHS-II or non-UHS (regular 10-mark?)?

Luís Santos
    Participant

Is this a hardware problem? I have my Cube running Remix OS only and my Samsung 10 class 64GB SD card is not even recognisable.

Before it worked fine on Win10 and not so great in Android, but it worked.

Pedro Quaresma
    Participant

I think it’s a driver issue. Smaller cards (1Gb, 2Gb) can still be read, but big ones can’t.

Bought a new 64Gb card, SanDisk this time. Still won’t work.

JOHN
    Participant

Yeah, this looks a lot like a hardware failure or something broke in the slot. Mine stopped working all of a sudden. Reinstalled the Win10 image and still does not work.

Pedro Quaresma
    Participant

Have you tried a small size MicroSD?

Yeah, this looks a lot like a hardware failure or something broke in the slot. Mine stopped working all of a sudden. Reinstalled the Win10 image and still does not work.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

It’s not a driver issue. The assumption that smaller cards work better (all the time) is true though. I can confirm, that since I switched from a 64gb card to a 8gb card, it works flawless and never had a disconnect since then. The problem lays in the nature of, that larger cards 32gb+ I guess, have a slightly different size, maybe less than 1mm in shape, than those “older” cards. This results in the contacts laying on the card don’t 100% get in contact with the card, and at one point will fail. This as proved already in another thread too.

brainvision
    Participant

hey guys, no one having issues with Android?

I have a 32 GB Samsung class 10 and I formatted with two partitions: VFAT the first one and ext4 the second, this last is used with Link2SD to link apks, data and lib of installed android applications and expand available internal storage.. I still cannot understand why but often the device become totally unresponsive and it’s impossible to wake up it from sleep! 🙁 I have to brutally shut down and restart. The weird is that the device is still reachable via adb commands, sometimes I’m even able to reboot with adb reboot..

I suspect that this depends from i/o requests pending from the sd card, that tilt the tablet, but cannot be sure..

No one here using Link2Sd or App2SD on Android?

bo
    Participant

Hi,

I got a problem with my SD-card aswell:

I’m pretty sure, my 64 GB SanDisk Ultra worked under Android an Windows.

I don’t use the card very often but yesterday I wanted to copy some music onto the card (within Android) and it wasn#t recognised.

Because there wasn’t important stuff on this card I formatted it under settings. But the it’s only recognised as 1,85GB.

Switched to Windows 10: Everything was ok there. 64GB (useable 59,xx GB).

Tried different formats (exFAT, FAT32, NTFS), but und Android it’s never recognised as 64 GB.

The only (big) modification I made since last using the SD-card (and I don’t know how long this issue  is): I rooted my tablet ~2 weeks ago. But I don’t think this would affect the SD-card slot.

Any recommendations?

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

use an old (and slow) 8-16gb card, this tablet has problems with bigger ones. also make sure your card is authentic and not a china fake one.

bo
    Participant

As I said: this card worked in this tablet an still works in every other device.

I’m using it right now NTFS-formatted with an extra app under Android.

But native with FAT32 would be easier.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

As I said: I am tired of telling this to every new person asking for this. It was debated 100 times now here and in other threads. Read along if you want to understand the problem. Buy another tablet, or use 8/16gb cards with it, otherwise you will lose your data.

bo
    Participant

No one any usefull suggestions?

Wouldn’t make sense if it’s a connection issue. Worked before an is working now with the aforementioned app.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar