Accessories for cube i7 book (powerbanks, chargers, hdmi etc)

Accessories for cube i7 book (powerbanks, chargers, hdmi etc)

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Accessories for cube i7 book (powerbanks, chargers, hdmi etc)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 234 total)
  • Author
    Patrick
    Participant

What do you think of this:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/361710081969

This Looks perfect and its also cool that is has a sd card Slot. But the price is very Low… Don’t know Maybe its a China bomb…what do you think?

Benjiro
    Participant

Its interesting looking but is it not kind of big? Here you see it filled up:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/USB-3-1-Typ-C-Auf-4k-HDMI-USB-3-0-HUB-USB-C-Ladegerat-SD-Kartenleser-Adapter-Neu-/262494954578

And look at the cable length… The ports are on the Cube i7’s top. It fits perfectly for a flat laptop with ports at the bottom but i think it will just dangle on the Cube i7 from its USB3-c port

N.
    Participant

I received my USB Type-C to HDMI/Ethernet/USB3.0A adapter. I’m happy to report that the ethernet, HDMI, Type-C charging pass through, and the USB 3.0 (Type A) are all working. Below is the link the the adapter. The adapter is a great compact size. I was not familiar with the brand, but the unit is high quality.

• Cablor USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet / 4K UHD HDMI/ USB 3.0/ Type C/F Charging Port Adapter (www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KYVKFDQ/)
    Patrick
    Participant

Do you think the Anker Hub has a longer cable? For me it don’t Looks like that..

Daniel
    Participant

I did not find any information about USB-C to DisplayPort on the Cube i7 Book. I am happy to announce that DisplayPort over USB-C works.

Using this adapter:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EPU7R4M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Andrew W
    Participant

Weird says that’s a thunderbolt 3 cable… Now the BIOS has an option for thunderbolt built in but makes no mention of an included chipset… hmmm so confusing.

Franzli
    Participant

For completeness’s sake, I was wondering if the thread opener would like to add that the Tronsmart Prest 12000mAh power bank (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GWH6CHO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) is not working either (another user explained quite nicely a few pages back why, but maybe this info could still help to keep people from having wrong hopes).

On a more general note, I was just wondering if anyone knows if it’s likely that we’ll see USB C power banks with power delivery providing 12V any time soon? So far, the few that are on offer only charge 5V 3A, which seems to be ok for the MacBook, but unfortunately not for our Cube…

Daniel
    Participant

Yeah, I was also somewhat surprised that it worked. But I can run my Dell u2711 at the native 2540×1440 resolution on the cube with the DisplayPort adapter.

I would also love to see some USB-C PD power banks. Seeing that QC already provides up to 12V it should be possible. But then again USB C seems to be very confusing.

I will probably resort to building a cable with a inline 12V boost converter to plug into the normal DC jack and on the other side into USB (maybe multiple ports, to get enough power). Let’s see if that will work.

Andrew W
    Participant

There are power banks that have a pin jack to output selectable voltages usually 9/12/15/18 V.

There are car starters but I don’t know how long they csn supply the power for out of thst port and those things can supply hundreds of A albeit for a very very short time. If you were to test it I’d imsgine you would want to put a fuse and maybe a switch on it too to svoid sparking

@Daniel
    I have seen cables that do usb to 12V but I wonder on their resistor value to get more than 500mA.

Personally I don’t see this being particularly efficient.

I’m thinking personally a 12V AGM lead acid motorcycle battery. They’re a lot cheaper than lithium. They can be charged faster.

AGM should be able to be deep cycled.

The 12V voltage doesn’t need to be stepped for the tablet.

Again a fuse and a switch is probably a good idea…

If I want usb well I can just attach a socket and a car charger.

Looking on ebay you can get 60000mAh worth of power In an AGM motorcycle battery r just over 20 US…

Even if it’s not deep cycle I’m very tempted. Just don’t run it dead flat all the time right?

Andrew W
    Participant

@Franzli

Nobody has even stated what revision the USB PD is either.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Thomas Law
    Participant

Any tried this for charging “Anker 60W USB Wall Charger PowerPort+ 5 USB-C”?

Rohan Elwadhi
    Participant
    Daniel
    Participant

The PowerCore speed seems to support Power Delivery, so it has a high chance of working. But as there are many different standards out there, the only way to be sure of it, is test it and please report your findings here :). But it is nice to finally see PowerDelivery enabled power banks.

I ordered for now a 12V  Li Ion batttery:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6800mAh-DC-Super-Rechargeable-Li-ion-Battery-Pack-for-12V-Devices-Black-Color-/400952649140?hash=item5d5aa3e5b4:g:fmgAAOSwXeJXeQ77

The disadvantage is of course the need for a different charger, since it is normal DC jack and not USB. But it is for a fraction of the price, so I will give it a try.

I deferred from AGM and other lead type batteries, since I want to be able to take the battery on an airplane and the 3cell Li Ion battery should give no problem.

Aleksandr
    Participant

My experiences with USB-C accessories to Cube i7 Book:

“TechOrbits USB 3.1 Type C (USB-C & Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible) to DisplayPort 4K UHD USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter”, working, 4k resolution working, Displayport MST also working. TechOrbits usb-c -> DP

“TechOrbits usb-c -> DP” + “Belkin Display Port to 2x HDMI Splitter Dongle (F2CD068tt)” does not work, not enough energy(I think) due adapter usb-c->displayport

“TechOrbits usb-c -> DP” + “SUNIX DPU3000” This is Displayport MST hub (allows throw one port Displayport get multiple ports or daisy chaining), working. I got 3 working external FullHD monitor (Cube screen need to be shut down, Intel graphics not support more than 3 display), also works on Linux (with some problems). The device need extra power throw microusb cable, power from usb keyboard of Cube is enough. I bought it at taobao, but on amazon have it too, link: [hide] SUNIX DPU3000 [/ url] [/ hide]

“Fujitsu CP323611-01 Stylus Pen” works, pressure sensitive also works, but when you press key on stylus far from screen, it will not working(pressed key, working as usual click)

“USB 3.1 Type C to NGFF M.2 B Key SSD Converter Card External Enclosure Box New”, runs on USB 3.0 speeds. With USB-C <-> USB-C cable also working only as USB 3.0 (Cube i7 Book port is USB 3.1 Gen1, ie the speed is 5Gbps only, no thunderbolt or 10Gbps, usb 3.0 controller within our PC: intel 9d2f).

“AUKEY USB-C to USB-C 3.1 Type C Male to Male Sync & Charging Cable (3ft) Transfer Rate Up to 10 Gbps For Typc C Supported device”, working for data and charging, as in the description

“Ugreen Type-C PD 30W” not fully working, the cheapest USB PD charger 99 yuans (about 15$), when connected to the turned off Cube, it is charging; after turn on, it is continue charging. The problem with it, that if put on the charge under Windows/Linux charging it is not charging( I think charger and OS usb device manager can’t agree voltage). Link: Ugreen Type-C PD 30W

Franzli
    Participant

Thanks, Alexandr. Especially your last point is interesting, though unfortunate. I have been looking at this charger from RAV: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01I9N83K8?psc=1 that seems to have the same PD specs. Would be interesting to see if it has the same problem, or if the problems you describe are due to the controller on the Ugreen charger.

I might get the RAV to try it out and return it to Amazon if it doesn’t work…

Otherwise, the ivoler should  be a safe bet, but I’m hoping for something slightly smaller…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 234 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar