Randomly powering off under low battery. Battery calibration issue?

Randomly powering off under low battery. Battery calibration issue?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Randomly powering off under low battery. Battery calibration issue?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Zoenphlux
    Participant

That’s great that they are willing to fix it, but it is going to be a pain to ship back to china and wait for it.  It also means it is more than just a simple software fix  🙁  Is this affecting all units?  I hope that maybe mine isn’t affected. I’ll find out when it arrives.

In the mean time, that should also mean they are going to apply this fix to the new tablets that are coming out with Remix OS.  I might upgrade to that just to get the new OS and fixes.  This can be passed to my wife, or sell it.

BoORD_L
    Participant

do not be so sure that with the upcoming HW release definitely  CHUWI will solve all the problems.
    The first model had the bios chip that melted and was single os
    the second off under the 30% charge
    in Italy it says “there is no two without three”

the worst thing is that Chuwi doesn’t stop trying to fix their mistakes through SW fixes but continues to produce new versions completely abandoning its customers .
    The only thing They know to say when asked to solve a problem is ” send it to the seller”

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Zoenphlux
    Participant

I take it your not a fan of Chuwi overall?

Ben
    Participant

I have the same problem and it shut down at 70% while playing hearthstone. It’s definitely not a gaming tablet

there are settings in the bios for battery in relation to voltage and resistance. Would tweaking these settings help?

Tsz Nang Yuen
    Participant

<hr />

Suggest post all your complaints to http://www.saic.gov.cn/english/ContactUs/
    If chuwi keep ignoring their quality issue.

Robert
    Participant

I know with some older battery technology you need to charge the battery overnight before turning the system on for the first time. Or else it does not calibrate properly and gives a false battery reading for life of product. I don’t know if that might be what is happening. I will charge my tablet overnight before turning it on for the first time. This might not even help if they are testing them in factory, though. I will let you know if this makes a difference. And what do you mean Remix OS? Are they about to change it again? I’m gonna be pissed. (see my earlier post)

Юрий Давыдкин
    Participant

I have 1st branch model. And have same problem its power down at 30, max 27%(in powersafe mode). Maybe chome drain battery. Does somebody have tablet runing at 5 or 6%?

BoORD_L
    Participant

I take it your not a fan of Chuwi overall?

i’m simply pragmatic. just have a look on chuwi chinese and international forum and here on techtablets.

there are tons of thread all around the world about hi12  issues and chuwi after sale support (may i say customer satisfaction?).

TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Ben
    Participant

would underclocking the cpu/igpu help?

BoORD_L
    Participant

would underclocking the cpu/igpu help?

don’t know

The first batch has got a bad chipset layout.

Bios chip is too close to cpu and the quality of chip used for bios is one of the worst seen on chinese tablet

Ben
    Participant

hi all, I tried flashing the bios successfully and I went back into the bios to switch the memory back to 1600mhz.

But I stopped myself and I gave it a shot at 1067mhz.

Its currently running at 19% battery and I finished a game of hearthstone. give it a shot and see if ur battery problems go away.

Can anyone explain what vbattery and the ohm settings for batteryID in bios do?

There’s a battery setting under the android sub menu under the advance menu as well. Not sure what that does either.

Jorge
    Participant

Same battery issue for me, my Chuwi Hi12 shutdown itself when is around 27-30% of battery, if I turn it on again it works during 5-10 min and shutdown again, hope Chuwi say something about this cause is a general problem

Ben
    Participant

Just to update, I ran the battery down to critical 2% and into hibernation.

the auto shutdown did not happen. Was streaming 1080p YouTube vids with 25% brightness at 70% volume.

anyway, i can’t feel the difference of the memory at 1067mhz but I’ll try it again another day when I’m feeling more adventurous

Zoenphlux
    Participant

Ben may be on to something. Might be why they sent these out with the memory turned down.  If they used non low voltage memory it might be pulling too much on the system, so they had to underclock it to avoid that.  Can someone else who has this repeated issue also turn their memeory back down and try the same game/setup?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Ben is, this explains why my Chuwi Hi12 Dual OS was fine when I did the review video. My unit had 1066Mhz RAM and after the reviews I later increased the RAM to 1600Mhz and then is when it crashed! I’m going to move it back to 1066Mhz, you only loose about 10% performance.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar