Remix os 3

Remix os 3

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Remix os 3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Craig Walkerdine
    Participant

Has anybody tried dual booting the cube i9 with the upto date remixos?

How would the games run

BoORD_L
    Participant

Last version is fully functional (you have to use standard bios, touch doesn’t work on modded 2.6.  Edit: new 2.7 modded bios works with remixos. Thread: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/2-7-bios-from-wootever-remixos/).

No info about games but with this soc they should be fluid.

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Steven Hepple
    Participant

Hello,

from what i remember a fair few people were put off remix os because it was unstable, the sound would not work and nor would the  wifi….3 things that are important i think. I tried remix and it helped to bork my main ssd drive…thats when you twitch your pants and have to download the win 10 operating system for the i9 that is in Chinese…trust me, at first you think you have bricked your tablet for ever. Anyhow…i have ami duos on my tablet for android stuff(magzter magazines wont save on pc app but will on android) and find it brilliant. But its not really a duel boot….

BoORD_L
    Participant

If i say “now it works flawlessly” i mean NOW IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY.

Have a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPTpaIUxJWM

TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

anubis
    Participant

Remix OS runs just fine on mine! Installed on a 2nd partition you won’t be having those issues Steven mentioned.

BoORD_L
    Participant

Remix OS runs just fine on mine! Installed on a 2nd partition you won’t be having those issues Steven mentioned.

I am trying to customize grub to use volume buttons to navigate through menu and start capacitive button to make a select.

Have you tried it? Or have you found a different way without using a keyboard ?

anubis
    Participant

From what I’ve read on xda-devs and reddit, the drivers for stuff like navigation via volume buttons or even touch are getting loaded afterwards. I can’t confirm that, since my knowledge of Linux is just basic 😉 I’ve messed around a bit with the EFI Boot approach to get Remix OS loaded properly (Fat32 Partition and creating boot options with EasyUEFI). But strangely I couldn’t get Remix OS to boot in resident mode (stuck on Remix OS bootlogo). Guest mode worked just fine! The last variant I wanna try is by using the Android-x86 Installer and then simly just overwrite the Android OS files with Remix OS 😛 (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/remix/remix-os/touch-enabled-grub-bootloader-t3450044) … Will give feedback when I’ve found the time to 😉

BoORD_L
    Participant

Thank You so much mate 😉

Steven Hepple
    Participant

If i say “now it works flawlessly” i mean NOW IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY.

No, as is the norm with this…it works, but has several flaws that make it all but useless….like not playing youtube/video and touch screen being a bit slow.

Again, duos seems to work properly and plays video etc.

BoORD_L
    Participant

we where talking a about devices recognition.

last version of remixos can hadle all devices installed in the cube i9 tablet without rebuilding kernel to add custom drivers.

if you want to talk about remixos functionality this is neither the right place nor the answer to Craig question.

About touch screen … take your time and have a look over the internet… google is your best friend

have fun mate

Steven Hepple
    Participant

Bit strange…

i can get the hacked version of remix os to work on my usb 3 drive…but it wont work if i let it install to hard drive(it is windows 10 and ntfs ?). Do i have to partition the hard drive my self and then load remix on to that or have i missed something ?

I am using the updated patch bios.

Many thanks,

steve.

BoORD_L
    Participant

don’t know.

for me it was working on the same windows partition, and now on a separated fat32 partition

Dean
    Participant

If i say “now it works flawlessly” i mean NOW IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY. Have a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPTpaIUxJWM

It definitely does not work flawlessly but now has wifi, touchscreen and sound. I have weird screen artifacts in some places, has frozen a few times and chrome wasnt loading anything.

BoORD_L
    Participant

really strange, i’ve installed this OS many times but never dealt with these issues.

Steven Hepple
    Participant

got it to work running installer in admin mode and reinstalling when it didn’t install properly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar