(EDIT I broke my i9 because i didn't read the instructions on a charger.

(EDIT I broke my i9 because i didn't read the instructions on a charger.

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum (EDIT I broke my i9 because i didn't read the instructions on a charger.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bill
    Participant

I bought the following charger http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/q/VOLTAGE%2BADAPTOR.htm_2_8

Plugged it in to my i9, and it just switched off, and won’t come back on. The red light does not come on if I try and charge via USB c.

Does anyone know what I may have fried? The motherboard? battery?

Ill open it up soon, any help on how to fix or test what’s wrong would really be appreciated. I’m gutted.

bill
    Participant

Apparently the way you attach the end piece, changes the polarity, positive or negative. I had no idea (or what a polarity is) and just put it on. I’m pretty sure i just fucked my i9 because i didnt read a plug’s instructions.

If anyone has any ideas, or how to test the issue i’d appreciate it. Or even if i have fried the motherboard, how to test the other components, or what may be salvageable to try and use elsewhere (screen, ssd, ram, proc).  (Or buy and replace MB, even if i fail (likely), i’ll learn as i go. I’ve built my own pc from components, so even though this is way above that im willing to play around.

I’m assuming my warranty, is a) not that great, chinese tablet (b doesn’t cover the owner being a total dickhead.

Any help appreciated. Or just post to point and laugh, I don’t blame ya!

vgiozo
    Participant

Just contact the store you bought it from, saying it stopped working and see where you get with it.

Mitsos
    Participant

Just contact the store you bought it from, saying it stopped working and see where you get with it.

And don’t mention anything about the charger of course…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar