Request for information about factory partition scheme and boot menu

Request for information about factory partition scheme and boot menu

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Request for information about factory partition scheme and boot menu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

Hi,

I just bought a x98pro but before making any backup I got carried over and I installed Mierk 3.0 rom and updated win 10 to rel. 1511.

It works but it looks like no windows images partition is present and Win 10 is not using “compact” install (i.e. wimboot and install.wim).

I was wondering if it got hosed by windows update or if it was this way from the beginning.

Anyone can help my curiosity?

Thank you

Robert
    Participant

windows 10 doesn’t support “compact” install as in windows 8.1. It uses filesystem compression instead

Karl0ss
    Participant

The windows 10 install on our tablet is already using CompactOS, you can check that typing –

compact.exe /compactos:query – in an elevated command window, it will say something like “windows is already in a compact state”

mark
    Participant

I would assume this is correct because my PC has all 3 recovery options but the X98 is missing the option to restore to factory settings.  Glad I made a full disk image just in case.

Tom
    Participant

Many thanks for the info.

I know it’s unrelated but I think that install.wim + wimboot was a much safe way to manage a resilient system.

I have taken a look at the disk structure and it seems we have 2 efi partition,

I assume boot menu is in bios and it points directly to 1 of the 2 uefi partition ignoring the other.

Probably a boot loader like clover could be a more clean solution but this way you are not messing with os installs…

anyway I am still curious about the disk structure,  -BTW android partitioning looks like a real mess!

Robert
    Participant

there are 12 partitions for android with various sizes from 1MB to 20GB and two partitions for windows, 33.5GB for system and 450MB for recovery

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar