Resize android partition the easy way ! for X98 serie !

Resize android partition the easy way ! for X98 serie !

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Resize android partition the easy way ! for X98 serie !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

partition size for X98 serie with gpt.bin your tablet will be of course fully will be fully deleted, please backup all your data first ! how to : delete gpt.bin from your Rom folder copy the desired gptxxx.bin to your rom folder and rename it to gpt.bin open phone flash tool and select full erase by selecting option blank or Restore flash your rom with phone tools… and then re-install win10 exemple if you want full android only then copy gpt_53g.bin to your rom folder and rename it to gpt.bin thanks to some chinese friend from teclast bbs ! <span class=”export-item-title”>Partition.X98.serie.by.spzjulien.zip : </span>https://mega.nz/#!bFYiDTja!Bhcb2rzs9cCJiClECSyWOY0F9QZycCNNczAC5LLSGGI

Can I use it with the Mirek ROM 2.1?

yes ! with all rom, original or custom

Maria Maddalena Bignardelli
    Participant

partition size for X98 serie with gpt.bin your tablet will be of course fully will be fully deleted, please backup all your data first ! how to : delete gpt.bin from your Rom folder copy the desired gptxxx.bin to your rom folder and rename it to gpt.bin open phone flash tool and select full erase by selecting option blank or Restore flash your rom with phone tools… and then re-install win10 exemple if you want full android only then copy gpt_53g.bin to your rom folder and rename it to gpt.bin thanks to some chinese friend from teclast bbs ! <span class=”export-item-title”>Partition.X98.serie.by.spzjulien.zip : </span>https://mega.nz/#!bFYiDTja!Bhcb2rzs9cCJiClECSyWOY0F9QZycCNNczAC5LLSGGI

Can I use it with the Mirek ROM 2.1?

yes ! with all rom, original or custom

😀 thanks!!!

Philbo Baggins
    Participant

Hi guys. Need some help here.

I used this method to resize my android partition to 8gb. But now I can’t install windows 10. I have it on usb but when I go into the bios, it doesn’t see the boot usb at all. I’ve tried different versions of Windows and different usb drives. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

wpbear
    Participant

Using EaseUs Partition Master V10.5 with Windows, I can see all partitions on the device. Can I just resize the Android partition smaller and resize the Windows partition bigger?

I would like to know this also.

khaz
    Participant

Hi guys. Need some help here. I used this method to resize my android partition to 8gb. But now I can’t install windows 10. I have it on usb but when I go into the bios, it doesn’t see the boot usb at all. I’ve tried different versions of Windows and different usb drives. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

i need help regarding re-installing windows 10 after re-partition android too. help please

mierdatutis mi
    Participant

partition size for X98 serie with gpt.bin your tablet will be of course fully will be fully deleted, please backup all your data first ! how to : delete gpt.bin from your Rom folder copy the desired gptxxx.bin to your rom folder and rename it to gpt.bin open phone flash tool and select full erase by selecting option blank or Restore flash your rom with phone tools… and then re-install win10 exemple if you want full android only then copy gpt_53g.bin to your rom folder and rename it to gpt.bin thanks to some chinese friend from teclast bbs !

Thanks a lot for this!

How do I know which one is which from the 11 different gptxxx.bin ?

I’m looking like around 10-12 GB of storage space for Android, and the rest of space for Windows.

Thanks again!

Wooow! Many thanks
    How could you modify gpt.bin? I find a tool to can see partitions but not for modify

Jump
    Participant

is this work also for x98 PLus II.

If i want only android i use the gp53.bin, is it right?

One question, i notice that on the tablet currently the RAM used is 2GB for android.

If i install only android will it use the 4GB of the tablet?

Thank you for your help.

A last question: to install only android do i need a keyboard as for windows or just fashtool is enough?

sephirothvr
    Participant

Using EaseUs Partition Master V10.5 with Windows, I can see all partitions on the device. Can I just resize the Android partition smaller and resize the Windows partition bigger?

I wanted to know on this as well. Have anyone done this before? It seems quite easier to just use this.

Josh Booshay
    Participant

Does this work for the plus ii? Also did easeus manager work?

dotan
    Participant

thank you.

SlavkaZ
    Participant

Need help, I need gbt.bin with 2gb system and else to data.

David
    Participant

I wanted to know on this as well. Have anyone done this before? It seems quite easier to just use this.

Yes it works with X98 Plus II. I tried the 6gb one and it worked. I will now try to install windows to see if it works.

As for the RAM, it is not displayed correctly but it is using all 4gb of it. If you go into the “App” category under settings and switch to the “running” tab, it will show you how much RAM being used by system, apps and how much free ram, totaling to about 3.8gb.

Windows Installation worked great. I have 47gb free. I wonder if I can do a full clean install of Windows and still be able to flash Android back if I ever wanted to.

I lost the ability to read SD cards a few days ago so I am now in the club of people waiting and hoping for a firmware update to fix that.

Francois-Xavier Boulé
    Participant

HI

This is very interesting! I will try it on my X16power… I used root method for x98 on my x16power and it work…

It’s not working… Maybe i need gpt files for x16pro or power…

tekky
    Participant

I downloaded the rom from the official teclast site which has both Android and Windows files. So if I understand correctly, I change the file in the android folder, flash it as the guide says, and then just flash windows using the files they gave me according to the same guide?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sébastien
    Participant

Hello is it possible to have gpt.bin for 29go or how to modify it myself. Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar