Screen backlight, burn-in and battery reporting issues

Screen backlight, burn-in and battery reporting issues

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Pro Discussion Screen backlight, burn-in and battery reporting issues

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    gmelchett
    Participant

My hi8 pro battery problems magically disappeared. It used to die at above 50%, so I got into habit to charge it quite frequently. Last week I forgot and it was fully functional at 9%. I’ve not updated the bios, the only updates I’ve installed are windows updates from Microsoft.

Chris G
    Keymaster

That’s lucky, my Hi8 Pro was sold off for spares the screen was buggy. I canceled my new Hi8 Pro order a while back as It just put me off reviewing it completely. I’ll be reviewing the X80 Power which is similar in spec with a metal rear.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

omer
    Participant

I’m not sure if i post it in here but here it goes. My usb type-c cable was really bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjUYj96X4gk (connecting the tablet to a laptop was awful. it kept connecting and disconnecting all the time. ). So i asked my friend to help me with the cable. We opened it and the moment we opened it, 2 pads (the ones that do the communication) broke instantly. The ground one was almost gone too. I’m now waiting for my replacement cable from banggood.

Other than that something is wrong with the charging. While using windows tablet only gets half amps from the charger (i’m using one of the little multimeter things that go in between the cable and the charger ), on android it goes up to 1.5 amps(it was 1 amps before we checked the cable). While switching from android to windows, current drops from 1.5 to 0.5 during the chuwi logo. Anyone ever checked this ?

Dimitra Aliferh
    Participant

Hi, for some months now I have and I chuwi Hi8 pro. By purchasing this I am not at all satisfied. The main problem I have is:. when I’m in android 5.1 operation and leave quietly, without understand how this deactivator and then not easily opens. You know what ;;;

endtoosee
    Participant

Hi, I’m new here… have same problem.. Screen burn-in for about 10-20 sec then goes normal and battery problem. it’s started yesterday, first the screen burn-in and then suddenly its turn off. 🙁

any sollution???

sorry for my english

endtoosee
    Participant

Hello again,

found my problem, it’s the battery. the battery is dead n bloating, so it push the screen…

again.. sorry for my english 😀

Gabriele
    Participant

Hi, my Chuwi Hi 8 Pro has worked fine for six months. Then, this week after having unplugged the charging cable, the red LED was blinking even if the chargin cable was not present and the tablet was off. After that I pressed several times the power button and the LED stop to blink but the tablet didn’t turn on. I repeated the same operation with the charger but no response. Today I decided to open the tablet. I disconnected the battery ( the battery voltage was 3.5V) and to power the tablet with a lab power supply setting the voltage at 3.7V. The power consumption was the following: 80-100mA. I noticed that after having pressed the power button for 30 seconds, the power consuption goes to 0mA. I have tried also different combinations of button: power on and volume+, power on and volume-, press the power button for three times and the third one hold the power button for 10 seconds. Which operations do you suggest to do before declaring the tablet dead?

Vedran
    Participant

I had power on problems with single OS Hi8 Pro. Was doing all sorts of button pressing voodoo to get it on.

Then I gave up and had pros fix it. They got dual OS BIOS on it. Lost bluetooth functionality (no driver for the older bluetooth module), but power issues are gone forever (hopefully).

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar