Screen Protection

Screen Protection

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Screen Protection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Rick Starsick
    Participant

My i9 came in today, and I am wondering – does it need screen protection? Also, I ordered the keyboard bundle on Aliexpress (when the Cube was on sale) and – do they ship the keyboard separately, generally? It didn’t come in the i9 packaging, nor for it look like there was room for it.

Bonnom
    Participant

I haven’t found any screenprotectors yet.

The most common cause of tablet scratches is sand. When you put the tablet in a bag it is vulnerable to scratches because the screen is exposed. In this case the tablet is protected by a keyboard cover and it should be protected. However if a tiny bit off sand gets one the keyboard cover the screen can scratch. Because the sand and the tablet don’t bounch against each other, it is still way more scratch resistant than with a tablet without cover in a bag

I have an other tablet two-in-one with a keyboard from medion. It does have one scratch but nothing bad.

You can easily do without a screen protector if you always have the keyboard cover. But you must be sure that sand isn’t able to get between the cover and that there isn’t going to be a lot pressure on the tablet! The tablet will likely get no scratches or very little scratches.

I find that small scratches can be really annoying and you have to decide if it’s worth it for you.

Rick Starsick
    Participant

I saw where Chris – our esteemed Tablet Leader – said the i9 came with a screen protector. I peeled of a shipping film overlay that had some graphics on it….that would not have been the screen protector, would it? Please advise if the i9 came with one installed and I won’t have to worry about it. 🙂

Bonnom
    Participant

No the one with the graphics is not the screen protector. There is actually a layer under it.

If you take a look on the edges of the glass you can see that a screenprotector is applied.

Dean
    Participant

I just received my i9 and the factory screen protector has some dust below it, rather large piece. Does anyone else have this? I am considering removing the second layer? I have already complained to them because of this.

Bonnom
    Participant

I didn’t have this problem.
    You can buy new screenprotectors on aliexpress.

2 screenprotectors for $4.70

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-New-Ultra-Clear-HD-glossy-Screen-Protector-For-CUBE-I9-12-2-Screen-protector-protective/32651716967.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

ived my i9 and the factory screen protector has some dust below it, rather large piece. Does anyone else have this? I am considering removing the second layer? I have already complained to them because of this.

My have a large piece of dust and some other stuff, and I cant be sure if its just under the screen protector or the LCD display it self, but I gonna have to remove the screen protector to find out.

Dean
    Participant

ived my i9 and the factory screen protector has some dust below it, rather large piece. Does anyone else have this? I am considering removing the second layer? I have already complained to them because of this.

My have a large piece of dust and some other stuff, and I cant be sure if its just under the screen protector or the LCD display it self, but I gonna have to remove the screen protector to find out.

Who is selling these screen protectors? The conversation with Cube is so frustrasting, they dont listen and say things like are you sure you have removed the screen protector. I send photos and they say is inst clear and its crystal clear. Now they want a video.

Rob
    Participant

Yes, the Chinese love a good video!  I’ve had a device that wouldn’t power on before and I had to send a video, I could quite have easily removed the battery first so it means nothing.  Also had a device with less memory than stated, sent them a screen shot but they wanted a video of that too, sometimes you just have to humor them and send a video and they will likely say it’s ‘normal’ or something so perseverance is key!

Dean
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I just ask them if they want me to open a dispute? HAHA,  I feel they just try to delay things but when I see the link above,  it pisses me off,  just offer me two screen protectors that will cost them maybe $4 at most and maybe I’ll leave you alone because your quality control is obviously shit.

Rob
    Participant

I wouldn’t bother with one of those crap protectors as they tend to scratch quite quickly and look a mess, plus they can be pigs to put on nice and square without air bubbles. I would use one of these glass ones http://www.cube-tablet.com/cube-i9-12-2-inch-tempered-glass-screen-protector.html

Give a lovely feel, easy to apply and will look as good as new still in 12 months time.  I’m gonna use the one I had for my i7 remix as I never put it on as I smashed the tablet before it arrived. Also don’t fall for the sellers delaying tactics, they drag these things out till the deadline passes then they don’t want to know. Been there and learnt the hard way, now I give them a few days and if they still mess me around I open a dispute, things usually move pretty quickly after that!

Dean
    Participant

Thanks for the advice. After making my video, I saw all the scratches on the factory screen protector, so you are right about that. I didn’t even know you could get a glass protector? Thanks for the link.

Rob
    Participant

The glass protectors are excellent, got one on my phone and put them on friends phones and it just feels so smooth under the finger and improves the strength of the screen.  Good luck!

Jason
    Participant

I was just about to ask if there was a tempered glass screen protector available for the i9- really good to see that cube are supplying them.

Can someone report back on the quality of it in the future?

Rob
    Participant

Is the ratio the same as the surface pro 4 or Samsung tab 12.2? If so there are loads on Aliexpress, would probably be cheaper than on cubes website as their postage costs are high.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar