Screen Protector

Screen Protector

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Screen Protector

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Charles Black
    Participant

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Hi,</span>

I just got the tablet and since it does not have Gorilla Glass I really want to buy a tempered glass protector. I look at some in aliexpress (I assume all are the same). But the main purpose of this tablet for me is going to be the stylus, taking notes and all of that. Will the tempered glass reduce the sensitivity and make it harder to take notes?

hyperboarean
    Participant

I have one of this one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ultra-thin-HD-Clear-0-26mm-2-5D-Premium-Tempered-Glass-Screen-protector-For-Chuwi-Hi12/1000002145621.html

Pen works OK, but installing this thing is a pain in the butt! Spent 3 hours for the first half of the screen, it’s trapping air like crazy. Just gave up and slapped the rest of it on after that. Some of the air went away after a week, some remains (looks like greyish spots, noticeable only if the light hits screen from the side). Don’t see any other people talking about this problem, so it could be just my luck/retardation/weather… .

And, finger gliding is not the best.

PS: (not related to the screen protector) Sometimes I have to reboot Windows because the right side of the touch screen starts responding poorly, works OK after that. In Android, touch detection is bad no matter what I do.

Justinkeyback
    Participant

I used this one: 3 pieces Anti Glare MATTE Screen Protector for Chuwi Hi12 12-inch Tablet PC for about $7

http://s.aliexpress.com/VfqieQn6
    It’ll cost you a few bucks but you end up with a great anti-glare screen. I love it!!!

Pasting is a charm too: Put it right in place. Tape one broad side with duct tape to the Chuwi. Clean screen till it is as polished as possible. Try to keep the dust out, peel off lowest film and bend it from the taped side so it slowly covers the whole screen, while polishing with a piece of cloth, or some credit card-like thing. It is easy to do. And if you ruin in the process two protectors you always have one as a spare one (I used one to cover multiple cell-phones, which do not mirror anything now)

I also covered my Samsung tablet with one, see picture but do not if the effect is very visible. At the edge to the right is a shining part of the screen still visible. Only with that small part you can compare the effect.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Marc
    Participant

I’d like the anti-glare.
    But is it scratch resitent enough for using it with the stylus ?
    I’d prefer not to have to change the screen protector every few weeks…

Marc
    Participant

I’d like the anti-glare.
    But do you use the Hi-pen on it and is it scratch resistent enough ?
    I’d prefer not to have to change the screen protector every few weeks…

Justinkeyback
    Participant

I do not use a stylus myself, but for your pleasure I used the stylus from the Samsung 10″ tablet of my wife. The stylus itself does not work, but with the Chuwi screen off, I made several strokes that were visible on the anti-glare cover. But to my surprise I could wipe them all away with a cloth. The traces disappeared completely. That said, I can not say with what force you use your stylus. But I would say that with normal pressure of a stylus, it does not leave traces that cannot be wiped out.
    The touch sensitivity is not much different with or without protector. Mind you, it wás very bad with the original screen protector with which the Chuwi was sold. Still a shame Chuwi does not mention the extra screen protector. I almost had it returned but thanks to this forum I discovered its presence and kept it.
    Hope this helps.

Jirka Toksa
    Participant

Is it possible that my Hi12 already came with screen protector installed?

It seems that my screen is covered by something…

Justinkeyback
    Participant

Yes, it is. It is hard to peel off, has been mentioned on this forum before.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar