Teclast x16 Power – format and install Windows 10 Pro

Teclast x16 Power – format and install Windows 10 Pro

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X16 Pro / X16 Power Forum Teclast x16 Power – format and install Windows 10 Pro

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    powerdedo
    Participant

we found installed android and windows were too buggy and slow. a lot of lockups and restarts, bloated malware and especially windows home version is limited.
    so we had to format everything and install fresh windows 10 pro image.

downloaded original microsoft iso image from here -> W10Pro x64
    also we backup all drivers from current install with DoubleDriver and saved to another usb stick. also copy TouchSetting.gt from C:/Windows/inf/
    to create proper usb drive with iso image we used this software http://rufus.akeo.ie/ with:
    – GPT partition for UEFI
    – FAT32
    – 4096 bytes

the only problem we could not boot from USB.

so we went another way:
    in case if you dont see usb drive, enable in BIOS fast boot with usb full availability,
    then go to windows ->settings -> recovery
    and press “Restart now”.
    you can plug in USB with windows installation image.
    it will load then engineering menu, find in menu and press “Command Prompt”.
    after entering your account password and entering to command prompt.
    dont forget that you will have to use mouse and keyboard.
    enter USB drive letter and type setup.exe, and press enter.

windows setup will start.
    deleted all partitions and created one single 59Gb partition for installation.

not sure if there is any better way, but this one the only working for us.

installed ok. after you login to windows you need to copy TouchSetting.gt to C:/Windows/inf/
    and restore all drivers with DoubleDriver, and reboot again.
    all hardware will function!
    then enabled windows update.
    downloaded many windows updates.

works very fast, no lags and no Chinese malware.

x16 Power W10 stock drivers dump

Jaumes
    Participant

Hi! Thanks for your tuto! But I would like to know if when you do this, could you restore android again or you couldn’t?

Kräm
    Participant

I had come to all the same methods you did, EXCEPT I didn’t know about the TouchSetting.gt file, I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why the touchscreen wouldn’t work?   SO A BIG THANKS!  🙂

powerdedo
    Participant

i dont think that android is good for this tablet. i mainly use it for work, so need all windows features only.

alloca
    Participant

Nice tut!

Did this make any difference on the slow touch respons?

I just got my x16 power yesterday and its almost useless for me. I type quite fast on the virtual keyboard and with this slow responsen half my keystrokes are being missed.  and this is really frustrating. So much that im using my phone rather than the table . <!–more–>

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice tut! Did this make any difference on the slow touch respons? I just got my x16 power yesterday and its almost useless for me. I type quite fast on the virtual keyboard and with this slow responsen half my keystrokes are being missed. and this is really frustrating. So much that im using my phone rather than the table . <!–more–>

I just got the official X16 pro keyboard after using this tablet for about a month just by it self I am surprised how much this keyboard transforms the end user experience of this tablet in windows, the keyboard really works well as I was surprised how quickly I started typing away on it with no issues, I thought having any kind of new keyboard my fingers would need to adjust with the key spacing etc but I did not need too, so I guess this means its a lot like my main desktop keyboard and or its just a great keyboard..

I thought the extra weight of this keyboard would be a problem but its not, I don’t recommend having this tablet without the keyboard/case setup under any circumstance, which is something I never thought I would say as I have always used my iPads/Teclast x98 just by them selves.

One thing I wasn’t thinking about that I really appreciate with the x16 pro keyboard is that there isn’t any annoying bluetooth connecting crap or having to charge it crap like typical keyboards you use with ipads etc. This keyboard just gets its power and communication via the dock pins and it can be popped on and off seamlessly, windows detects it and starts using it instantly, no waiting…

BTW nice tute Powerdedo, I will keep your experiences in mind if I choose to re-install windows, too bad the USB didn’t boot off the bat..

Dariusz
    Participant

Hello,

how format hard drive in this tablet? How i do this?

David BRUN-COSME
    Participant

You format the drive when you install W10, you can delete all partition

In the command prompt i have only X:/SYSTEM/WIN32, i can’t select my drive letter (can’t recognize as drive…….) an idea ?

help!
    i format and install  win 10  pro  (teclast x16 pro)
    But I found one problem .
    My camera is  not found
    Help find a solution

Victor
    Participant

Can I keep my android partitions? How do i know which are android partitions and which are from windows? Thanks!

Carlos Arroba
    Participant

Hi I have reinstalled my Teclast x16 Power with Windows 10.

But there is a problem with the webcam driver. When I restore the drivers with Double Driver, it doesn´t install the webcam driver.

If I try install the webacam driver manually it says that the driver is not signing and it doesn´t install.

Regards

Carlos Arroba
    Participant

This is the error:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Carlos Arroba
    Participant

Here is the solution:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-8-rt/general/teclast-x16-pro-power-t3277973

There are an update driver pack for the Teclast Tablet.

theriddler
    Participant

Hi … having reached the conclusion that android doesn’t work so well with win 10, I’ve decided to move to win 10 pro as per first post… before I charge into doing this – do I need a product code or activation key for win 10 pro? If so where would I get one? From Microsoft online store or something?

theriddler
    Participant

Hi – do I need to use the stated shortcut for image of win 10 in first post or can I use my own image & activation key?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar