Teclast X16 pro doesn't react anymore

Teclast X16 pro doesn't react anymore

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X16 Pro / X16 Power Forum Teclast X16 pro doesn't react anymore

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Toby
    Participant

Hey there

Two months ago I ordered the Teclast X16 pro, I was quite pleased with it, as I needed it mainly for my studies at university. Last week I shut it down as usual in Win10. At home again I wanted to turn it on, nothing happened. I tried several times —> no reaction. Then all of a sudden it started booting again I was able to choose the OS. Then I thought I had better charge it, since voltage was rather low. As soon as I plugged it in it turned off again. This has happened 5 times now (while I press the power button at least 50times or more until it reacts again).

Yesterday it booted in Windows and lead me to screen where I should “choose my options”, that were shutting down, boot, and a few others (I didn’t take a picture though). Touchscreen didn’t respond, neither a USB Mouse or the keyboard touchpad. So I tried it once again by plugging in the power, but this set my tablet to deep sleep again. I’m waiting for it to respond again and in the meantime I wonder if any of you made the same experience or have any idea to meet the problem here?

Any help is highly appreciated

Chris G
    Keymaster

Try this, hold the power button down for 13 seconds at least. Then let it charge for a few hours. Then press the power button for 4 seconds it should boot again.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Kräm
    Participant

I too have had similar situation, and Chris’ recommendation above was the conclusion I also came too.  It SEEMS for me that this is caused when windows doesn’t shut down properly, but turns off the screen and goes into a low power state while trying to write a memory dump.  Once you finally get it to boot to windows again you will probably find a gigabyte or more of space missing due to a large dump file.  Good luck, we all need it with this piece of junk.

Toby
    Participant

Thank your for your advice!

Initially it didn’t work actually, but at about 8 seconds into pressing the power button for the second try it started again properly. So somehow I can use it again. I’m just afraid to charge it, since it didn’t charge in the time between the 13 seconds and the 4 seconds (even though it was plugged in, but I’ve already earlier realised that I only can be sure to charge when it’s on…)

Toby
    Participant

I started the tablet now three times without any issues (1x Windows 2x Android), as soon as i wanted to start charging (this time on android) the tablet just crashed and is now dead again, but at the same time it showed no whatsoever reaction on the charging cable when shut down…). I do not use the charger it was delivered with, since it simply said is crap and does hardly fit in the socket here in Switzerland… But until now this hasn’t been an issue. Do you have any further suggestions? Otherwise I’ll just try and hope to update you on the solution 🙂

Thanks again for the help, at least I know now, that it could work properly…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have noticed merely plugging in the power charge cable then hitting the power on button always brings it to life when it doesn’t feel like waking up..

Its little <b>idiosyncrasies </b>like these that cause less tech orientated folk who buy a X16 pro crash and burn as they simply never find or work out the work arounds that typically naturally come to tech-heads.

Warren GAREY
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been reading through the treads, as I too have this problem of the tablet not booting correctly.  I experienced the same situation in the fact that all was well, closed the tablet down, but then nothing.

My problem is a little different in so far as all I can get is the Orange “Teclast” logo screen, and then it just hangs…

I’ve tried the fixes involving the flash tool via the USB lead, but the tablet isn’t recognized.   Any ideas folks?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar