Tempered Glass needed?

Tempered Glass needed?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Tempered Glass needed?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Marcel
    Participant

I saw that they sell Tempered Glass for the i9 Hower my device is still on its way. So I would appreciate some feedback if it’s even needed. Normally I don’t use screen protectors because I don’t like the feel of them, however, if the glass is not even normal scratch resistant glass it may be worth it.

Bonnom
    Participant

I have a cube i9 with a keyboard cover and It hasn’t scratched yet. It isn’t really necessary. I think it does come with a regular applied screen protector.

scott
    Participant

@cel00 , i have a keyboard wuth mine, but i also have a cover for when i dont need the keyboard and its not been scratched, Bear in mind the tablet comes with a screen protector on it already, cheap plastic one but even that has no scratches on it.

The cover i back its from here and its the 7th one in the options.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-cube-i9-Case-Cover-New-And-High-Quality-PU-Protective-Case-Cover-for-cube-i9/32656610830.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.119.1bUJh0

Mitsos
    Participant

It comes with a regular screen protector, but you should get a tempered glass. The feel of the tempered glass is much better than the plastic one that is included. You can scroll much better on the tempered glass than the plastic one. You fingers get stuck on the plastic one, making it difficult to scroll.

You should use a protector or you will get scratches on your screen (screen is not gorilla glass).

This is the protector I bought http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-accessories/pp_366521.html

BoORD_L
    Participant

Have that screen protector round borders (2.5D)?

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Mitsos
    Participant

Have that screen protector round borders (2.5D)?

What do you mean?

BoORD_L
    Participant

angles at the edge of the glass are rounded.
    Have a look to attached image

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Mitsos
    Participant

Is does have round corners. It has the exact shape of i9, round corners and space where the camera sensor is.

It feels great as well, fingers just glide on it. It is a fingerprint magnet though and need regular cleaning.

BoORD_L
    Participant

thanks for your replay mitsos

BoORD_L
    Participant

I’ve asked to GEARBEST support info about tempered glass.

They told me it is NOT 2.5D.

Just to share this info

vgiozo
    Participant

Yes, the “original” tempered glass they sell is not 2.5D.

Unfortunately, it also does not come with alcohol wipes etc to prepare the screen for application.

BoORD_L
    Participant

I’ve found these:

glass cover 1

glass cover 2

Mitsos
    Participant

I still don’t get why 2.5 is so important. Is it really that different than no 2.5? It feels better maybe???

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar