Tethered TWRP / Clean Root / Android exFAT+NTFS support for Hi12 Dual Boot

Tethered TWRP / Clean Root / Android exFAT+NTFS support for Hi12 Dual Boot

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Tethered TWRP / Clean Root / Android exFAT+NTFS support for Hi12 Dual Boot

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    alessandro
    Participant

Thanks.

Same app on my previous android tablet,  both with android 5 and 6, wrote on external sd, so it must be root stuff…

Ntfs fix could be useful links with portable hard disk, if it works…

Nicolas Giraud
    Participant

Hi!

Thank you for this image. The UI works perfectly on my Hi12, with touch. I have yet to test a backup/restore.

Nicolas Giraud
    Participant

For NTFS USB drives, Paragon app is probably worth a try, you’ll need to be rooted.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paragon.mounter

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

the exFat + NTFS support on sdcard works well except I couldn’t get my 128 GB exFat card to be recognized by Google Music as a storage location, but when I put the same card into my old kitkat tablet, Music can use it. I changed back to a 16 GB fat32 card on Hi12 and Google Music app can see it, which is good as my android only has about 5GB free space.

For the previous issue with MPT storage I mentioned earlier in this thread, I only had to re-enable this in the menu of storage settings.

Mash
    Participant

Hi Nicolas,

thanks for your work and efforts first. However, i ran into problems.

Everything went fine, till i installed supersu in twrp. i connected a mouse to swipe, DID NOT click on the keep read only button, installed supersu and then… stuck at chuwi logo after choosing to boot android after power on. did i – by not clicking on “keep read only” – install twrp constantly? And whats your suggestion how to get android to boot again? also when i try to get into recovery, i only get the droid with the red triangle exclamation mark. I already downloaded the android 5.1 from chuwi forum, but have no clue either how to reinstall that, nor if i should or if theres an easier way to get android working a again. so….

Help is much appreciated at this point! 😉

thanks in advance…

Mash
    Participant

Update

As of writing i managed to reflash android. i followed all steps to the latter, only this time, i checked the “keep read only” button, installed SuperSU and now im stuck again at the chuwi boot logo after hitting reboot system on twrp… What am i doing wrong?

(no spaces in folders btw, the hibook folder is on the desktop)

Mash
    Participant

Update II

I now managed to install twrp image from here via adb. did it before but only got the red triangle. this time instead of rebooting i booted into recovery and twrp (with touch) is working. i then installed supersu, but after reboot im stuck again at the chuwi logo. only advantage now is that at least twrp works when i boot into recovery.

as for now, thats all i figured out so far by myself. before ill finally brick my tablet by accident, id rather stay put and wait for the help of you superuserheros in the meantime… 😀

Scav3r
    Participant

Hello guys, I have followed your steps and I was successful to root and install SU. Everything works fine, except the tablet cannot be found anymore in PC when connected by USB. The tablet is charging, but its not listed in File Explorer as HiBook or any other device…  I can no longer use 3.Outside_boot-TWRP-recovery.bat as the device is not recognized to accept the commands. Any idea how to fix this?  Many thanks!

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

Hello guys, I have followed your steps and I was successful to root and install SU. Everything works fine, except the tablet cannot be found anymore in PC when connected by USB. The tablet is charging, but its not listed in File Explorer as HiBook or any other device… I can no longer use 3.Outside_boot-TWRP-recovery.bat as the device is not recognized to accept the commands. Any idea how to fix this? Many thanks!

Go to Settings and Storage then on the top right touch the three dots and you will see the USB connection settings. Check that MTP is selected.

Or for adb connection check that USB debugging is still enabled in developers options.

Scav3r
    Participant

Thank you Bill, I have checked both settings and its all enabled >> unfortunately still not connected as device when plugged into PC. 🙁

EDIT:  I have rebooted both PC and tablet, now its recognized properly. Many thanks for your advice!

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

Update II I now managed to install twrp image from here via adb. did it before but only got the red triangle. this time instead of rebooting i booted into recovery and twrp (with touch) is working. i then installed supersu, but after reboot im stuck again at the chuwi logo. only advantage now is that at least twrp works when i boot into recovery. as for now, thats all i figured out so far by myself. before ill finally brick my tablet by accident, id rather stay put and wait for the help of you superuserheros in the meantime… ?

I’m not sure this will help but since you have TWRP working you could try the factory reset from the wipe menu. If still stuck at Chuwi logo you may unfortunately need to flash Android again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there already a good custom ROM out? 🙂

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

I’m getting the notification now that SuperSu binary needs to be updated but I was unable to complete it by either normal or TWRP method. I tried flashing the latest stable zip from XDA but then when I rebooted to Android the SuperSu app was missing (although apps that were already granted root permissions continued to work). I went back to flashing the original update-supersu zip in TWRP but app was still missing in Android so I reinstalled from play store and it’s asking for binary to be updated again.

I tried flashing latest version of SuperSu again in TWRP and this time it updated successfully and app is working. Not sure if it was because I re-enabled USB debugging.

Shade
    Participant

Thanks! Worked for me with a little bit if fussing around.

1. I had Android drivers v 1.5 installed from dealing with another dual boot tablet and booting into TWRP wouldn’t work. I uninstalled that and installed the included v 1.1 drivers and it worked.
    2. For some reason the FS drivers didn’t take the first time. I’m not sure if the second install worked or if the reboots involved did the trick but after a second attempt at installing the drivers they appear to work fine.

It also seems that I have to reboot in order to change sd cards but that isn’t related to this  handy root and fs driver upgrade.

Dom
    Participant

there has been a supersu update recently. how do i update the su file? it doesnt work the normal way.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar