trouble re-activating Windows

trouble re-activating Windows

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum trouble re-activating Windows

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bill Christiansen
    Participant

Any tricks to re-activating Windows if it doesn’t do it automatically after re-installing from official Chuwi Hi12 Dual boot Win 10 files?

I contacted Microsoft support but they told me that because it’s OEM I need to contact manufacturer. It’s a bit slack since it was an MS update that caused a boot loop and forced me to re-install.

Chris G
    Keymaster

They key should be present in the bios and Windows would use that. Maybe try and read the key using an app and enter it in?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

I tried an app called produkey and entered the key but get the same error. Windows gives you the last 5 characters of the key it is expecting but it doesn’t match the one I extracted with the app. I wonder if this got messed up when I previously reflashed bios, but Windows was still activated and I used it for months after that.

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

After trying lots of things including another fresh install I managed to activate by phone but had to hang on the line until I got a real person.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar