Type-C won't turn on

Type-C won't turn on

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Type-C won't turn on

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Troy Naismith
    Participant

Hi, so I tried to install the type-C windows on my i-15TCL and it came up with a ACPI bios error-Blue screen when I tried to boot from the USB disk.. I pressed the power off button and tried to reset and now it won’t turn on at all.

No flashing blue light when charging or anything. Tried holding the power button for about a minute, multiple presses but I can’t get it to respond.

Is there any way to make a jig up or something to force it to boot?

thanks -Troy

Siu Lay
    Participant

It is a rather common problem with this device, especially for the type C.

Some Chinese website reported the problem is with the c connector. It is just a type C wire to a USB2, Cube just does not have the know how to wire it correctly. The power circuit will get burn out if a type C charger is not USB2 compatible (aka force too much current into the device).

Troy Naismith
    Participant

I don’t think it’s that Siu Lay, I’ve only been using the charger that came with it and it happened when I was trying to boot of a USB stick.  It came up with a “ACPI Bios Error” and blue screen. Then wouldn’t turn back on.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

There is some weird bios problem with this device, I had all kind of phenomenons already with my tablet including:

• tablet powers off if you select reboot from Windows or Android
    • no screen if you reboot from Android, it looks powered off, but if you wait eventually Android will boot at some point and monitor signal comes back
    • ACPI bluescreen like you described, when I wanted to boot Windows 10 usb stick, I solved it somehow didn’t remember anymore how, I think the problem was a bug triggered by “too early” usb recognition by the UEFI bios. I powered it off which usb stick connected, powered it on again went into bios, and selected overwrite boot from stick and then it worked

I guess you should open it and disconnect the battery for a minute and then connect it again, that could help.

Troy Naismith
    Participant

Yeh thanks man, I’m not sure how to open it though. Do you know of any guide? Or can you walk me through it?

J
    Participant

I opened mine up recently and described how to do it in the Wi-Fi issues thread. It’s easy enough to open up. Just make sure you remove the micro SD first.

Disconnecting the battery is a good idea

Troy Naismith
    Participant

the battery is soldered on… 🙁

J
    Participant

Yes you need to desolder the wires connecting the battery to the PCB. Someone has revived their after doing this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar