Hi10 Plus – Delete Windows Partition

Hi10 Plus – Delete Windows Partition

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Hi10 Plus – Delete Windows Partition

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DreamySkull
    Participant

Dear All,

I have recently bought a Chuwi Hi 10 Plus Dual Boot Tablet (4GB/64GB, Remix OS+Windows, 10.8”).

I would like only Remix OS on it and thus get rid of the Windows partition. I am surveying if this can be done.

Albeit, I have read a few methods on different forums and here as well, there is still no coherent and complete methodology explained. There are many unanswered questions.

Some information with help of other users like you that I have gathered:

Reloading Remix OS

GParted Live Method

TWRP Recovery Method

I am looking for solutions, that can be compiled, tried and tested to see if the above can be achieved.

Any help, suggestions, links appreciated.

Please note that I have created a separate thread as there was no dedicated development thread for Hi10 Plus.

Looking forward to suggestions.

Cheers,
    Sunny

David
    Participant

The best option is reflashing Remix OS via DNX mode.
    The image that is on official forum think that he occupies all the capacity of the tablet, since it is the same which has been installed the Vi10 Plus.
    If you want to do a factory reset with Remix OS and Windows, that is more laborious 😀

DreamySkull
    Participant

Thanks David,

I looked up the thread where the DNX mode is explained (Guide Install Remix Stock). The guide is put up by User: Jt (thanks to him) for Hi8 but I guess it will also apply to Hi10 Plus as the partition resizing part I believe is device independent as the booting takes place from an USB but ofcourse the partition structure maybe slightly different to what is explained there, the idea remains the same. Only the stock ROM & drivers etc are device specific.

I have to study this procedure and will report back if I succeed in this.

Thanks for your quick response.

Sunny

David
    Participant

The Android partition sizes come on gpt.bin file, and this file on original image should fill entire ROM space.
    You can use this official guide making steps I and II.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar