Usb 3.0 port?

Usb 3.0 port?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Usb 3.0 port?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

So it looks like Cube fixed this then. New models will power external HDDs?

actually, i was waiting to do more extensive tests on the port, but i think i’ll risk and say it anyway as i have used the port intensively in the last couple of days.

i think i have good news for you:

i got 4 USB 3.0 OTG cables. 2 of them work and will power external 2.5″ hdds from the usb 3.0 port. 1 of them works but disconnects randomly, the last one just does not work at all.

upon further testing, i concluded that the port is NOT wired as OTG, but rather as host, with the only difference of being micro instead of full size.

so, i am inclined to say that @Chris and @Dlink377 may just have bad cables.

this one seems to be the best, its quite beefy and it’s a tight fit in the port (meaning it’s not loose at all), it’s marked UGREEN on the female connector.

http://www.amazon.it/Ugreen-Piatto-Samsung-Galaxy-versione/dp/B00OZJ3BAI?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks, I will check it out.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Andrew
    Participant

Hi!

Is this the same OTG USB3.0 cable? http://www.amazon.com/Ugreen-Adapter-Android-Tablets-Samsung/dp/B00MXM4DI8/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1462649741&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=Ugreen+Cavo+OTG

I think it could work out pretty well if the female connector goes to a powered HUB which would power power-hungry devices but someone tell me that not because a hub has an AC/Adapter means that it is a powered hub that feeds power to devices.

Any recommendation on any actual powered HUB devices? –don’t want to keep throwing money at something that won’t work and I won’t be able to return.

Thanks!

Laura
    Participant
    Andras Kenez
    Participant

It’s a great shame, but USB 3.0 speed is slower than expected.

2,5 600 GB Samsung HDD and Kingston USB 3.0 USB stick work without external power, but speed is lower, than I expected.

SD card reading speed is also slower.

I compared 64GB SD card my Obook 10 and Cube. Same SD card much slower in Cube.

Also compared Kingston USB 3.0 stick with Cube, and my desktop PC

Same USB much- much lower with Cube…

Y cable, Ugreen OTG cable did not help….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Andras Kenez
    Participant

I solved USB speed.

Works 3.0 at now.

But SD card remains USB 2.0 spped only:( I tested 2 types (Kingston, Mixza) , the result are same.

My Samsung M2 external HDD and SanDisk USB drive communicate with iWork 10  with 3.0 speed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Andrew W
    Participant

I wonder if the power to the USB port is controlled by the Kernel/OS or via hardware?

I mean I am not SUPRISED that Hard disks powered exclusively by USB cut out. I mean it is only in the last few years that I have stopped thinking about that being an issue for LAPTOPS!

At least the charging current going into some devices – say Samsung Galaxy Note 2  is controlled by the Kernel.

With an appropriate Kernel you can adjust the charging values – up to 2900 mA !

OKAY – it’s different hardware BUT… I have wondered how much the boards differ between manufacturers. How much do they differ from Intel’s basic reference designs.

So what is it about the iWork 10 that charges @ 2A vs other Cherry Trails that charge higher?

• Is current in or out hardware controlled.
    • Have you checked the kernel and system logs in Android to see what is happening?
    Ales Boucek
    Participant

how you solved it?

Andras Kenez
    Participant

I’m so sorry but I do not know. 🙁

I tested it many times and works only 2.0 mode.  I tried USB drive and HDD also.

I updated  Windows 10 to last one. I plugged mouse to USB 2.0 ports…(with otg)

And works with 3.0 speed.

But I was not able to solve USB 2.0 SD card reading speed….Windows update did not help…

George Anas
    Participant

Mine also works USB 3.0 speeds and powers my external 2.5″ 1TB HDD

View post on imgur.com

I have the tablet for some time but yesterday arrived my USB 3.0 OTG cable

And I can say that even the USB 2.0 port is quite fast, getting up to 40~42mb/s read and 34-36mb/s write speed

Very happy 🙂

Spz
    Participant

@George Anas can you give us link for your USB 3 OTG cable, please

Andras Kenez
    Participant

Only internal SD card reader works with USB 2.0 speed

This one works well (micro USB 3.0 OTG)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ugreen-Micro-USB-OTG-cable-adapter-USB-3-0-for-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-S5-i9600/32417048048.html

Spz
    Participant

@Andras I thought it was a microUSB to USB… so this cable must be pluged in the USB 3 port of the tablet?

peter
    Participant

This one works well (micro USB 3.0 OTG)

it was a microUSB to USB… so this cable must be pluged in the USB 3 port of the tablet?

lol wat?its no correct.

USB 3.0 port Only support  type-b microusb3.02usb3.0 otg!

I use ‘OTG Data Cable Cord USB 3.0  A Female to Micro B Male ‘ buy Ali. Speed adata USB3.0 speed r81-w44, ssd MLC r214-w160

MicroUSB 2.0 port for only USB 2.0 cabel. or has support for microusb 3.0 on a microusb2.0 port?

Andras Kenez
    Participant

I plugged linked cable to micoUSB 3.0 port of tablet. And I can conect My Sansung USB 3.0 external drive and sandisk USB 3.0  memory stick

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar