What Current draw does Hi12 pull?

What Current draw does Hi12 pull?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum What Current draw does Hi12 pull?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Law
    Participant

I hooked up one of those current readers in between the tablet and adaptor. Now the adaptor can output a max of 3A but I see my hi12 is only taking in 1.38A.

Is this normal? Charging seems slow. How long should it take to do a full charge from empty?

Also it shuts down when at 20%. Is this normal?

Thx

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

Yes, that’s about right for the charging current, maybe they limited it to protect the power management chip. Mine can reach 100% overnight (mybe 8 hours, didn’t time exactly). For the power off problem you might need the BIOS update, have a look at the thread in the sticky section of the forum.

Link  http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/randomly-powering-off-under-30-battery-battery-calibration-issue/page/4/#post-38129

Law
    Participant

thx Bill

Jason
    Participant

Nowadays, usb cables and usb chargers are very bad … first, you should buy a usb resistor in order to check if the charge can provide 2+A.

After that you need a thick usb cable which performs with 2A.

Buy a good thick micro usb cable and check 😉 one night is enough for me to fully charge the chuwi.

Shade
    Participant

The quality and adaptability of USB power supplies varies  considerably, unfortunately. Using the shortest, thickest USB cable I have my tablet, which is almost fully charged, is drawing between 9 and 10 watts measured at the wall. That’s all in line with a 2A draw.

Plugged into a USB power distributor that works really well with a variety of high drain devices Battery Bar was reading 950mW charging. :shrug: I can’t measure that one any better since its hooked up to a 12v DC solar system. I’ve seen it go as high as ~1200mW charging in the USB distributor but only when the battery is fairly low. That’s around a 3A draw while the tablet is running.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar