WiFi dead after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

WiFi dead after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion WiFi dead after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My WiFi has been dead on Windows 10 after the August 2nd anniversary update.  I tried to update the driver with the one posted here, as well as do the double driver restore.  Anyone have it working after the update?

Sando Rino
    Participant

test this driver broadcom wireless version 1.478.0.0

I updated windows 10 from version 1511 to 1607 build 14393.10 , the only driver has not recognized the touch screen i2c, but updating the driver I solved

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sando Rino
    Participant

I updated windows in this way:

1- downloaded iso International English version

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-anniversary-update-iso-available

2 – copy the ISO file to sd card for at least 16 gb

3 – connect the tablet to the power supply

4 – start setup from windows, use the sd card as a disk for installation

5 – during the upgrade do not download anything

6 – It takes about four hours

7 – on restart connect keyboard and mouse

8 – update touch driver, I used the version attached 16.35.35.760

It works well but does not change much

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    BliNDF123
    Participant

Touchscreen and wifi worked fine for me after the update, my desktop was first to tell me about the update so I thought I might as well do it for the tablet too.

Edit: Still no problems on my Chuwi Hi8 tablet, seems like it runs even better to me. My desktop on the other hand is all kinds of screwed up because of this update and looks like I will need to reinstall.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Sando, your drivers did the trick just fine.  And I agree, I’m liking the update quite a bit on the Chuwi Hi8.

Michael V Tice
    Participant

I have downloaded the attachments here, and I have tried to get them to install. I still cannot get my wifi to work, and I can’t even get the touchscreen driver to install. Windows tells me they are not for a 32-bit windows version. I am getting so frustrated! Any help would be appreciated.

My whole problem started right after the first startup. Everything was working fine until, dummy me, I tried to do Windows Updates. On reboot, it got stuck at 24% and would not continue, so I had to power cycle. When I did, Windows tried to return to the previous version, over and over again. I downloaded the Chuwi Windows 10 image and restored it, and I’ve not been able to get the drivers installed since.

UPDATE – Please don’t ask how, because I am not sure, but I now have everything working EXCEPT that darn wifi. Tried the drivers shared here, as well as the official ones in the download section, and even a DD download from someone else who says hers works fine. No dice.

This is making me CRAZY! I only slept 3 hrs because I couldn’t quit thinking about this stupid problem.

Tim
    Participant

I too have no WIFI in Windows, which otherwise installed without a hitch.  Touch driver, display, rotation, sound, everything but wifi.  It says its functioning properly, but no dice on finding any networks.  I’d like to try reinstalling the original windows image, but dropbox and CHUWI aren’t apparently the best of friends and I’ve been unable to download it over the last several days.

THI
    Participant

Same here Michael.Still looking for solution.And chuwi’s support isnt really helpfull too ….

beforerootingAndroid
    Participant

Before we introduce TWRP Recovery, how about we things to do before rooting Android comprehend what is TWRP Recovery and their favorable position. To root your telephone, you need either a bolstered TWRP Recovery or any establishing applications.

Poulay
    Participant

I had the same issue.

Fixed it by deleting the device from device manager, rescanned for new hardware and it fixes itself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar