Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    M.V.
    Participant

Hey teclast pros,

i got a problem with my teclast x98 pro. I have both OS installed, android with latest mireks rom and windows 10 home edition. Now i want to get the latest update for windows but i dont have enough space free. It need 20GB free harddisk space to update to the latest version. So how can i mange to do this without deleting android?

Gollum
    Participant

Sorry about that. I have made an clean install 2 months ago and removed Android. So I had enough space for update from last week.

Geve
    Participant

Plug an USB external drive to your tablet might work.

Pete
    Participant

Hi mate, go to the Microsoft site and use the Media Creation Tool to install the update. It only requires 8 gigabytes of space. Simply tell it to “upgrade now ” (after you download it)  and then choose “keep my files ” and ” keep my apps “.    Do not download the “Upgrade Assistant “! It wants 20 gigs! You can google “Windows 10 Anniversary CNet ” for the link…

Honza Hluštík
    Participant

Guys I need to help. My Windows update crashed and now I only get Teclast logo. Tablet restarts and again Teclast logo. Android works fine. Is here someone to help me how to reinstall Win10 back?  Any idea?

zahid
    Participant

How did you remove Android?

Christof
    Participant

Has someone already done to install the Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

Iñigo Martinez Lasala
    Participant

Me. Use media creator tool from Microsoft in order to create a bootable USB with Windows 10 HOME (not pro).

Then, execute setup.exe from USB plugged with OTG cable and wait. It will take about an hour and a half or more.

Christof
    Participant

Thanks. It worked.

The only problem was the touch driver. I have downloaded the driver from here and install it again. (.bat file, adminstarator mode)

Mike Woods
    Participant

Can you repost the link to the touch driver?

Christof
    Participant

I got it from here. Downloads

Idontknow
    Participant

I also made the update using an USB Stick and it worked quite well. The only thing was that I had to reinstall the audio driver from the driver pack here. The automatic search for drivers just found one for the hardware but inappropriate for the system. ??? What does that mean??? Well the driver from the 200MB driver pack installed flawlessly.

Pandit
    Participant

Upgrading the X98pro was a peace of cake

first download Windows10 anniversary edition here from Microsoft

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/

Extract the contents of the downloaded ISO file to a USB stick

Connect the USB stick with a OTG cable to the tablet, In Windows the tablet will recognize the USB stick

Browse to setup.exe and run it, follow the instructions and after about one hour your tablet is running the newest Windows 10, no additional drivers are needed

Kindly regards Pandit

daniel watson
    Participant

I did a fresh install of windows with the anniversary update and installed all the drivers from the download section.
    But the installation of the camera driver fails all the time. I also tried to download those camera drivers somewhere else, but none seems to work.

Does your camera work?

EDIT: I got it to work with these files: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/help-isp-camera-device-missing-driver/#post-14510

BrianH
    Participant

Just took the plunge using a USB stick. Worked fine, but seemed to take ages. The system now seems to be more firmly English rather than Chinese lurking in the back. The touch screen stopped working, but reinstalling the downloaded driver from the kit did the job, no problem with the camera, and sound seems OK. Only problem I can see is I’ve lost the boot to android

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar